mq2cast from bag?

cadman

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Having a problem with mq2cast.

According to the wiki and the spellroutines file,

/call MQ2Cast "Brown Chitin Protector" Item

Should right click the bcp from inside the bag, yet it isn't. Did something change since 2010?

Thanks guys

It's hit and miss with items any more. Used to work perfect, but nowadays some items work some don't.

Bastard thing isn't casting any items from bags at the moment. Works fine on worn items.

I've found most times if you place the item in an empty base inventory slot (where you would normally place a bag) it will work. Really wish it still worked for items inside bags :-\

Yeah I tried that too, it doesn't find them. Which is a bugger, means I have to make hotkeys and actually do something manually! Not sure I can cope with that :p

Thanks Zd :)

Personally, I would try to:

1) Make sure your bags are how you want them arranged, and don't change that unless you really need to.
2) Make sure clickies are in lower bag slots and/or (at the very least) the lower slots of any large bags (say, 20+ slots)
3) /reloadui
4) Camp to desktop & reload
5) See if it works

If it doesn't help, I can try to see if I can duplicate it, and what else might be going on.

htw

/call MQ2Cast "Brown Chitin Protector" Item

1. That isnt mq2cast, that is mq2cast_spell_routines.inc or whatever
2. .InvSlot is borked because the bag UI seems to keep getting unloaded that is hidden off screen. So items do not detect in inventory correctly. It requires reloading your UI to fix.

The map becomes inaccurate. People change out bag sizes, types, and locations - and the map needs corrected - which is why I said /reloadui. Sometimes it isn't noticed unless you also log out of game, and it's easier to tell people to do that up front.

htw