MQ2AASpend Class Auto Lists

After looking at this plugin, can this actually save a ini so im not always typing it in all the time? if searched the forums and didnt see or maybe ive missed it somewhere but can some one tell me if this is placed on an ini so it uses it automatically? i see the settings in mq2melee but i dont see an example of how it should be used if thats where to enter it. Thank you
Options you set, or auto entries, etc., are saved to your server_toon.ini.

For help: /aaspend help
If not in classic mode (by default, you are not), to show examples: /aaspend ex

Not sure what you mean by mq2melee, other than that melee will use some AAs, or you can set holyshits/downshits to use them.

MQ2AASpend is just for automating purchasing of AA abilities.

htw

MQ2AASpend

Thank You Htw,

But as far as mq2melee, this is what it says, so is the reason why i am so confused :(

[MQ2AASpend]
DebugLog=0
ClassicMode=1
SafeSwitch=0
AutoStartLevel=0
AutoStartHybrid=0
AutoStartAuto=0
AutoStartBrute=0
MinAutoStart=0
MinBruteStart=0
UseTypeOrder=0
TypeOrder=General|Archetype|Class|Special

But i will look at that ini to take a look but atm still on server_toon.ini. to see but once again if i can get an example of this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

That file is not just for mq2melee, joe. That is what htw was saying.
It's the catch-all file for your character. settings for several plugins will save to it, rather than to their own ini. The above examples that htw and blitz provided go in that ini file.

been messing with thios this morning but havent had much luck getting it to auto purchase the aa i ask it to , seems it dont match the wiki much in the way it operates now, or im just slow on the uptake .
i posted the stuff from this thread into it for my class , then i picked a few that i wanted and it never did anything , i did check to make sure autospend was active and it said i had one in the array but it never purchased. brute force worked but of course i reallly didint need that aa atm as much as trying to get the aa i want.

I've only used classic version. From memory it's the following commands.

- Turn on Classic -
/aaspend classic

- Set AA Priority -
/aaspend setauto "Combat Agility" 1
/aaspend setauto "Combat Stability" 2
/aaspend setauto "Innate Run Speed" 3

- Turn it on -
/aaspend auto

This is from my ini file for my char.

Then you run /aaspend auto.

I would copy the list for the class you need up above and paste it at the end of the snippet below. Things do not need to be renumbered.

Good luck :)

Code:
[MQ2AASpend]
DebugLog=0
ClassicMode=0
SafeSwitch=0
AutoStartLevel=0
AutoStartHybrid=0
AutoStartAuto=0
AutoStartBrute=0
MinAutoStart=0
MinBruteStart=0
UseTypeOrder=0
TypeOrder=General|Archetype|Class|Special
1=Innate Metabolism|3
2=First Aid|3
3=Spell Casting Fury|3
4=Spell Casting Expertise|3
5=Natural Healing|3
6=Fear Resistance|3

The command /aaspend brute buys every AA available without bias, correct? I am pretty sure that's what I am interpreting from the threads! EQ just shut down for the night so I can't test it and won't be able to for a bit. Thanks!

Last edited:
The command /aaspend brute buys every AA available without bias, correct? I am pretty sure that's what I am interpreting from the threads! EQ just shut down for the night so I can't test it and won't be able to for a bit. Thanks!
Yeah, brute should just buy whatever the first available AA it finds that is purchasable.

htw

This requires a lot of set up, if you want to spend your AA effectively. Does anyone have a comprehensive list to include all classes; one that does not auto spend and purchase the AA that are not needed for a character to be high dps/defense?

Here is an example. I'm leveling a Wizard. I want the aa spend to push all aa in spell casting subt and high dps aa first.

Just use the auto spend feature instead of the brute feature. Read the wiki and it explains how to set up the AA's you want to buy.

I just wrote a little code I include which buys any line I've previously purchased at least a rank in.

Also turns on / off AA exp as your leveling.

After looking at this plugin, can this actually save a ini so im not always typing it in all the time? if searched the forums and didnt see or maybe ive missed it somewhere but can some one tell me if this is placed on an ini so it uses it automatically? i see the settings in mq2melee but i dont see an example of how it should be used if thats where to enter it. Thank you

I just cut and pasted the text into an existing ini file (saved by the melee plug-in), works fine. You'll probably want to modify it some though - the existing stuff is great to just buy every AA on the list, but sometimes you're doing AA's in a much more specific order, it's really easy to do too.