MQ2 Detection Thread

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
SoE has introduced a new MQ2 detection system that will at this time make any current version of MQ2 detectable.

A basic detour will trigger SoE’s detection and this is pretty much what MQ2 is built around. At this time we are still investigating it but we would recommend that nobody run MQ2 for the time being.

Let the questions begin and I'll see what I can do about answering them.

For those wondering why we don't just release MQ2-20070707 from Macroquest2.com. MQ2-20070707 is not safe. Basic chatwnd loaded triggers four detection checks.

This is a serious problem.

Fry, expound on this a bit? what checks did it trigger, etc/

interesting.
So just haveing the MQ2 window open triggers detections?

I would have thought that client side, and packet sniffers for map info would have been undetectable without scanning someone's active memory?

so basically using warp and what i have been im screwed and got a bann inc?

Along with that do you really thing SoE will ban every acc. using it considering its been parsed at 50-60% of general acc's?

Also....this detection can catch the map and all the "little" client side uses?

Last edited:
Having MQ2 loaded will "detour" EQ functions to be used by MQ2 which SoE can see by a check they have added.

From the information I have, I don't feel anyones going to be getting a ban from this, but we need to get the hole fixed to be safe.

This has nothing to do with warp and active plugins, it is to do with MQ2 as a whole.

So Fry honestly if weve used mq will it hurt to continue using? since weve already done that along with that soe should just give us our own servers to battle of the best hackers >.<

privacy

So your saying SOE is detecting MQ2 client side? If so would SOE not be violating privacy laws. Just curious :confused:

So Fry honestly if weve used mq will it hurt to continue using? since weve already done that along with that soe should just give us our own servers to battle of the best hackers >.<

Again I doubt you'll get a ban but I really recommend taking a day or two off using MQ2 and give us a chance to fix the hole.

So basically, if we have already used MQ2 since this last patch, we are pretty much hosed correct?

No don't go that far. Just delete and wait for a new download, don't stress the safety of your account for what you've done, but don't give any reason for it to be further accessable.

I totally agree.

-Quotes from actual gm chat
"Oh shit, we've got an exp bug that's being exploited."
"Ban them."
"There are a lot..."
"Ok, do manual rollbacks."
"No, there are A LOT."
"..."
"How many is a lot?"
"4000 accounts, give or take."
"Fuck. Ban the really obvious people on the progression servers, roll-back anyone that got petitioned, then post something generic about "determining the proper course of action", and pray no one ever brings it up again."

-More fun loving quotes from GM chat.
"Boss, we have a problem. Players are solo'ing raid targets using an exploit and we have no idea how to fix it!"
"Do we atleast know how to log the players using the exploit?"
"No, the best we can do is log them for warping to loot their corpses."
"Tell no one, ban anyone in any high end instance for more than an hour alone and hope that we accidently break it during one of our eight billion post expansion patches."

Not when they check their own code, within their own code.

htw

some of us aren't programmers, just macroing rpg'ers. more english, less jargon plz. :confused:

4kmsmj9.jpg

Added later:
some of my posts got deleted, but if they weren't, you would see that from the picture I completely understood the point. Also would like to thank Dragonthorne and Htw for making an effort to explain it to us. I only asked for an explanation because I wanted to be entlightened somewhat. Htw's explanation is like MQ-101. Thanks for your time. Game on. :cool:

Last edited:
3rd party software

I wish soe creates a server which allows 3 rd party software. I would play there. Whats the point. 3rd party software makes the game better, you do not have to wait for hours lfg, and I do not care if someone ealse is cheating, or cheating better than me.
I lost interest in everquest due to all the damm level increases and massive AA. I started playing when the cap was 45., and I been chasing that level cap ever since. I have a LOT of accounts, (and soe is about to lose that income). I chatted with someone online who told me how many AA he would get in an hour (using third party software). I wish I knew about this site 4 (even 6) years ago. I would have not wasted a 1,000 hours (it feels that way) exp grinding.
What I really wanted to say, I doubt I will play eq much anymore, and if I do not have the ability to cheat when those 2 year subscriptions come around, soe will loose 200 on each account....

good luck with the work arounds