MMOBugs Membership Prices

How do you feel about MMOBugs pricing structure?

• Prices should be lower, I don't believe I get good value for my money.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • The Pricing is about right, leave it how it is.

Votes: 71 54.2%
  • Prices are too low for the services offered.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • Other - Please Post

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
A few members have talked to me about not agreeing with the subscription pricing structure offered by MMOBugs. I'm posting this poll just to see how the community really feels about the prices.

The current pricing is as follows:
$9.99 - 1 Month
$19.99 - 6 Months
$24.99 - 1 Year

Just a quick background. The one month subscription is so much higher than the rest due to the amount of people that used to abuse the low price for a quick MQ2 fix.

doh

Ok so I voted wrong Fry change mine from just righht to to low.

I would think that 39.95 is good for 6 months and 69.95 for a year sounds about right.

Inflation fry, think inflation LOL. the one month price is about right but the 6 month and 1 year should be higher. maybe with the rise in price you could share with the devs and mods. i think as far as pricing for what we get here it should be $10/mo, forget the 6 mo option and $100/year. but I have been known to be a bit greedy.;)

I would think that 39.95 is good for 6 months and 69.95 for a year sounds about right.

,,!,, :D

I think that depending if the profit is suffecient for you Fry the costs are good. Honestly I wondered why the 1 month subscription was so much different than the 6 month and year. I understand now, make sense. A small increase, I dont think, would chase off many subscribers but a major jump, like mentioned above, would scare off more than a few. Prolly reduce the number of new subscribers as well. All in all, the 6 month and 1 year aren't that bad, given the support given by other subscribers and the Admins/Devs. A small increase couple bucks USD wouldn't hurt subscription level or the bottom line either.

Thats my 2 cents...or have I lost my sense.

BB

I'd never be able to afford that. As it stands right now, IMO its perfect.

the 6 month and 1 year seem way to low dont get me wrong its was great when I was paying them but to be fair for all this site does and has its just to dang low. 1 month seems ok for it. think for 6 month like 39.99 and personaly if it was me i would drop the 1 year all togeather but then thats coming from a greedy bastard that runs a retail store lol.

From an economics standpoint, right now you are doing what I believe could be the best possible solution. From an MQ standpoint, not really. The current prices open your product up to a LARGE market (good for sales, bad for MQ) If your profit margins are meeting your sales goals, then I would say up the prices at the cost of losing a few members but having a smaller and tighter nit community. Also, I believe that with the addiction of MQ and online games, a lot of the members who complain about high prices will also change a lifestyle or an element of their life to fit this into their monthly purchases. 39.99 sounds a little excessive, or maybe not. Maybe offer a 3 month memberships as well. I know I looked at the price when I joined and went, holy shit....for this kind of money I don't have to compile MQ and I get warp? Wow.

With that out of me, FUCK YEAH. Prices are great, keep 'em.

keep the one month how it is up the 6 months and 1 year as well. Because you cant find information like you do on any other site like mmobugs at all and the staff is very helpfull.

I'm curious as to why those who are not currently paying subscriptions, would vote on what subscription prices should be. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm confused. You feel subscription prices are too cheap, so it lowers the value of the site for lifetime members, such as yourself?

Caprii, you don't have to spend money on something for it to be valuable to you.

As far as the prices, i like then like they are. For those of us that don't have much chance of getting Lifetime, and are on tight budgets, the low prices makes us able to still be a part of the community, even when we don't have a ton of money to blow.

Compared to any other site that offers compiles. MMOBugs is the best of the best. Gives out results right away. Devs do a Great job on updating plugins and fixing anything that is needed to make sure it is a safe compile. Redguides was the best for awhile till mmo started to bring out results. Now Redguides is just another site that just sits and sits without any new post compiles or plugins.

Value the work of the devs and donate/keep memberships coming

I think the problem here is that people either don't have the money to spend (and consequently, shouldn't be on here) or are too young to have money of their own and can't get their parents to pay for a subscription to a video game hacking site.

If you can't afford a subscription here, then you probably shouldn't be spending your money on an eq subscription either. You probably have prioritys in life to take care of. The service offered here is adequately priced, and service is good.

You also need to remember that Fry has overheads (bandwidth/developer costs) and needs to cover his expenses as well. Appreciate the pricing scheme and remember, you can't find value and helpful service like you have here anywhere else on the internet.

This subject is a tuff one. Honestly, there is no way in the world I would be able to afford some of these amounts people have mentioned. Do I feel the current prices are priced to low?..yes I do. If the subscriptions went up as high as some has stated, unfortunately for me I would no longer be able to be with this community. Then again, I do not even play EQ anymore, but enjoy coming here still to read up on things going on.

If you can't afford a subscription here, then you probably shouldn't be spending your money on an eq subscription either. You probably have prioritys in life to take care of. The service offered here is adequately priced, and service is good.

You are correct, but its none of your business what someone does or how they do things. Personally I do not have a job cause I am not able to work at this time. Some of us need a fix to not go crazy with current issues in RL.

While I enjoy how professionally run the site is, I personally wouldn't pay more than $30 a year for it.

Then again, I haven't downloaded a single cheat or macro, so I'm not even using what the majority of people probably are.

I'm not even playing any MMO right now, and I've essentially only used the site for buying and selling, which it is very good for.

I only joined the site because a messageboard I read got an old timer's EQ guild going, then it fell apart. I haven't played EQ seriously in 4 years, and I never will again. Too boring.

The bottom line is, if you're properly in the black, it's up to you what the price is. Double the price, and you may find yourself with less money, though.