Map HELP!!!

jestisp

Reaction score
Ok since I dont have MQ, I thought I might try playing the old school way....I zone into HoT and Have no maps. Hrm, I goto mapfiend download maps for HoT, unzip them to the map folder. Log off eq, log back on, still no maps....

Any ideas>?

You've done something wrong.

Redownload all maps from mapfiend, extract to the eq maps folders. Log into game and see if it worked.

Either zone into a non-HoT zone or log off entirely and re-unzip them into your maps directory. They will be there next time you zone back in. I have done what you did too many times to count :-/

Reloading UI will load new map files. No need to log out. if that didn't work. then Most likely the map files are placed in wrong folder or they are in a folder them selves wich was placed inside map folder wich still wont work. The raw files NOT folders have to be in the EQ maps foder

i recall having the same problem long ago what i did was remove old maps completly aka for the expantion in eq map folder then unziped new ones and worked

forgot to mention with win7 and vista Ive seen permission problems which wouldn't let me unzip directly to a folder (even to it told me it was done) i had to unzip it to desktop then move the needed files to the right directory/folder and click yes to the admin permission garbage until i changed user account permissions. Recently had the same issue with audio triggers saving them directly to my audio-trigger shared file. it would say it would do it but it wasn't there. I had to again save to desktop then move it there afterwords accepting the admin permission privileges tabs.

Go stand in the guild hall when you unzip the map pack into the maps folder. Accept the overwrite, then zone to hoT zones. It's not able to overwrite the files that are in use.