Limit on registering Station accounts?

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
So this morning I decided to make some new Station accounts. I registered 2 just fine, then for the 3rd I got an error "Unable to create an account at this time. Please contact customer service for further trouble shooting.". No matter what I tried I was unable to register any more from my computer. So I tried on my phone - it let me register 2 accounts, then I started getting the same error message.

So my question is, has anyone else noticed if Sony put a limit on the amount of accounts your IP can register, perhaps in a set amount of time? If so, do you know when the timer expires?

I had same thing when i was making some. I had to click a link to verify address and whatnot after the second one. and log them in to prove i wasnt a bot i guess.

Had this error last week and called customer service about it. They said that they have indeed put a limit of registering two new accounts per 24 hours and said I would have to wait until the next day to register anymore. Tried an alternate email address with same error but not a different computer. Could they have this bound by mac address somehow?

eqisdead

Its to stop the planetside 2 hackers from registering right away after they get banned.