Its driving me nuts

DemonH2

Lifetimer
Reaction score
My right clickage is freaking out

Like if I right click and drag to look around, it flickers, and each flicker counts as a right mouse click and im doing some insane amount of inspecting lol. Either I have Parkinson and I don't know it, or something is amiss.

If anyone knows why it is doing this let me know.

Last edited:
I had a Dell D630 that had a bad touchpad. It would randomly click a thousand times at once....just moving across an excelle spreadsheet would cause all kinds of havok. The touchpad had to be replaced. Odd thing was, it happened with a mouse or the touchpad.

Have you tried a different port or mouse?

Sorry, I only entered the thread because I thought it was a joke about a pirate with a steering wheel in his pants.

Opps my bust this is about click problem not movement. Nothing to see here ... move along please.

Open the mouse, remove the ball and clean off the contacts the ball activates. :) They collect link and crap on the rollers too. If not that take $10 and buy new mouse :(

Last edited:
Is it a wireless mouse? On past bluetooth mice that I've used, they tend to do this when they connection starts to go bad. If that's the case, it could always be worth contacting the manufacturer to see if it's still under warranty.

On a semi related matter I have the same issue but it is not just EQ, lots of other stuff. Left or Right click, and only when I am not really paying 100% attention that I am not clicking twice lol.

Using a Logitech G7 wireless.

Nope it is a optical. Wired. Only effects EQ and it just started.

Still doing it btw =(

I am having to learn to run without holding in right click because I inspect everyone/loot everything. Life's tough, life's tough

Games generally detect the OS driver & communicate with it in a 'generic' manner, otherwise a game would need to understand how to talk to a kazillion different pointing devices.

I've seen a few of these issues with people at work, and it's usually one of:
- Multiple mouse drivers installed (or mouse software) due to a mouse change, e.g., having Logitech SetPoint & Microsoft IntellMouse software installed, or having an old mouse driver still showing up in device manager, etc.
- Mouse being changed enough times (3+) that the registry has some old entries that other software detects and tries (improperly) to use.

A few other things that people can check, just in general, would be:
- Wireless transceiver getting interference.
- Wireless keyboard interfering (check batteries, etc.)
- Shitty mousepad for the mouse type (laser, optical)
- Crappy USB hub or port (try direct connection to PC usb port, or different port)

And finally, maybe the mouse is bad, or just a POS. ;)

Maybe none of these are your issue, but figured I'd throw a few ideas out there, in case you see any you have not tried.

htw

You can turn off right click to inspect in the options window. I know it's not really solving your main problem, but it will at least help get rid of some of the hassle. You can still inspect somebody by targeting them and typing /inspect.