IRC Bots

JimJohnson

Forum Jackass
Reaction score
Why do we keep getting more IRC bots to spam the channel with?

fml / sex dices for example?

quote / weather / timebomb not so bad but if you want random stupid shit can we at least put them in a different channel besides #MMOBugs?

Last edited:
So instead of asking IRC where the same 22-30 people hang out everyday, you bring it to a public area where roughly 95% of our userbase that never uses it gets to chime in on it.

That makes sense to me!

[14:28] <Kodilynn> !sexdice JimJohnson
[14:28] <MMOBugs> [SEX DICES] Kodilynn rolls the dices
[14:28] <MMOBugs> [SEX DICES] Kodilynn, you have to do anything you want to JimJohnson on the lips!

How could you not enjoy that?

So instead of asking IRC where the same 22-30 people hang out everyday, you bring it to a public area where roughly 95% of our userbase that never uses it gets to chime in on it.

That makes sense to me!

[14:28] <MMOBugs> [SEX DICES] Kodilynn, you have to do anything you want to JimJohnson on the lips!

LOL I really hope you make that a bot...
as far as the IRC bots... I really enjoy them... in fact weather and igoogle are quite useful... timebomb is good fun as well as quote and fml

*puts on his tinfoil hat*

I believe this to be a sneaky ploy to get more people on IRC!

Its all the same bot. And its true , it is in

!sexdice Rob

I thought this was a better one.

[14:14] <Kodilynn> !sexdice MissTerious
[14:14] <mmobugs> [SEX DICES] Kodilynn rolls the dices
[14:14] <mmobugs> [SEX DICES] Kodilynn, you have to lick MissTerious anywhere you want!

That makes sense to me!

Yea 20-30 people who are half afk and the other half would probably miss it with the retarded fucking spam bots.

grinch_santa.jpg

JJ

Dont know about you but I actually read the back log most of the time when I get a chance, reason I stay in the channel when not home. Makes it sorta hard when you have to scan through 30 spam messages just to see what is actually said.

Then I cannt actually see the links / weather the useful bot functions.

Well, looks like your options are watching Anthrax be instructed to lick your nipples, or see the weather. Your call.

<htw>: ok, jj may get mad at me, but I gotta save this to quotes
<htw>: !addquote (Forum Quote) kirbanmanaburn: Can we get a JJ bot? One that just complains spontaneously?
<MMOBugs>: Quote has been added to storage file.
<htw>: !lastquote
<MMOBugs>: Last Quote (458): (Forum Quote) kirbanmanaburn: Can we get a JJ bot? One that just complains spontaneously?

yes!

I'll admit, I've recently stopped reading backlog of messages in #mmobugs channel due to partly all the bots. But with that said I think I get a chuckle from them at least once a day, especially when you wake up and see a backlog of dudes making out. My master plan of turning MMOBugs into a gay cybersex site is finally coming to fruition.

I really do like all the bots but I guess it comes down to personal preference and a limit does need to happen so we don't have 500 of them spamming all day.

What's the solution? I guess we need a balance between bots and chat. How so? I have no clue. I'm open to suggestions. We could have one serious bot that does weather and other useful commands, and another retarded bot with all the other stuff if people don't want to read can be stuck on ignore?

Most IRC clients will allow you to ignore certain people, phrases, etc.

I had mentioned to JJ in IRC today, I'll set up a 2nd bot. Basically I'll put the general "spam" commands on it (e.g., bash, fml, etc.), while the standard ones such as google, urltitle, weather, et.al. I'll leave on MMOBugs.

I also set fml minimum use to 5 mins for now. There is no functionality to that in most of the scripts, but I could add it I guess. ;)

htw