IRC Bots

as long as we can toss it on ignore without killing the useful functions like we talked about in IRC I'm fine with no timer on it.

Thanks htw

As much as it pains me to say something like this. I agree with JJ 100% all that fucking Bot spam is annoying as shit. 70% of my log is Bot spam.

JJ made a good suggestion, why not take the Bots out of main chat but put them in an alternate channel?

Making a second Bot for the "entertainment" bots is perfect. if you don't want bash or fml or those things, put it on ignore.

As much as it pains me to say something like this. I agree with JJ 100% all that fucking Bot spam is annoying as shit. 70% of my log is Bot spam.

JJ made a good suggestion, why not take the Bots out of main chat but put them in an alternate channel?
More people (at least for fulltime irc'ers), actually asked for and/or like it, than not. It comes down once again, to personal preference, and everyone is going to be different. That's why there are always options. Besides ignore, if your irc client is any kind of decent application, it will have other filtering options, including filtering out stuff like fml, etc. Again, you can always ignore any individual as well (including any bot). Hell, my personal annoyances are the pages long convo when they start about shit like FFB, or erepublic. I don't go start enforcing my personal preferences on everyone though, by adding a kick and/or kickban 'badword' filter, etc.

Back to my post (previously) again though, there is not any problem. Having separate bots gives you yet another option... ignore the one you feel is for "spam".

Having an alternate channel makes no sense, to be honest; we don't have enough users/traffic to warrant it. It'd be a ghost channel, like the others are (#trivia, #radio...).

htw

You could potentially change the output of the bot for certain functions to either private message them a response or i think you can notify a single user in a channel.

You could potentially change the output of the bot for certain functions to either private message them a response or i think you can notify a single user in a channel.
You can, easily. Then IMO, most of those functions (which are social in nature) are a waste of time and effort. They can just go to the website.

The functions provided are just that, for fun. Some will inevitably not feel that way, but that's the way of the world, unfortunately.

htw

All done.

MMOBot has fml, bash, sexdice.

MMOBugs has weather, google, tb, seen, etc.

Put MMOBot on ignore, and no more extra info, like you wanted. ;)

htw

All done.

MMOBot has fml, bash, sexdice.

MMOBugs has weather, google, tb, seen, etc.

Put MMOBot on ignore, and no more extra info, like you wanted. ;)

htw

which has Quote? mmobot?

MMOBot has all the newly added stuff, and no MMOBugs has the quote script