I need help with Troubleshooting

Fixxer

Reaction score
I have been away for several months, and I reinstalled the MMO Loader to play. The MMO Loader update window flashes on the screen, the MMO Loader icon in the icon tray also flashes, and is gone in the blink of an eye.

I suspect it may have something to do with me using Symantec, but I followed the instructions to make exceptions and it still won't work. I even disabled the Symantec AV program, and nothing changed. The problem still exists.

I am out of ideas on what might be the problem.

Windows 10 64-bit (not sure that matters)

Any thoughts on what I should do next?

Thanks.

Same problem on different computers.

Verified that it is NOT a Symantec AV problem...

Event Logs show:
Init(): Exception: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

Reinstalling doesn't fix it.

It seems my router is blocking my access to the link you posted, saying it is a malware site (using an ASUS AC-5300). I have to review how to make an exception which will allow access to the site.

What ports does MQ2 and the MMO Loader operate on?

That's the problem. The router was blocking the Loader's communications (I shut it off). If I can figure out how to modify the router settings to allow communication, I will make a write-up for it. As I said, I use an AC5300 router with the AI protection turned on.

Is there anything you can do, to communicate with them about the problem?

Thanks Fry.

It doesn't look like I can make exceptions through the router, but the AI Protection from the AC5300 and other Trend Micro services will challenge HTTP but NOT HTTPS...

So if I understand correctly, the loader only used port 443 (or other SSL ports), then the loader would no longer be stopped by it...

I'm using Microsoft libraries (.net) for that stuff. Not being a naysayer, or rude, but I really probably am not going to recode around it for one instance of an issue. I will look at it, but we'll see. If you manually update when needed, you should be fine - the server comms are HTTPS/443, only some of the update stuff uses HTTP.

I'll take a quick look and see what I can do for you, if anything, to alleviate this issue.

htw