hacker scamer issuse

bubdog

Reaction score
hey guys if anyone with some ideas takes the time to read this id be gratefull for some help. yestarday my acount was hacked i finnaly got eq to boot the toon after two hours and logged him on. changed passwords and so on, today my acount got hacked agian. now before i changed passwords i anti virused and adawared my comp like 3 times each to check for a keylogger. im puzzled to why this is happining and was wondering if anyone could help me catch this dush he took over 600k in plat and a few items. thanks for any help in advance the gm's dont do much.

I would

1. Format your computer.
2. Call up SOE and ask for a roll back.
3. Install a dedicated anti-virus product
4. Install a software firewall of some type
5. Change account password again once your computer is re-formated and secured.

Keylogger can really be the only way they can get your password unless your not telling us something.

Have you been running any MQ2 plugins that you didn't get from MMOBugs? Someone could in theory steal account passwords that way which is a stone I really hope never gets unturned.

Fry.

whats the easy way to format been so long since i had to. and is macafe a dedicated virus? also no that pc is mq free and on a seprate internet connection.

whats the easy way to format been so long since i had to.

The easy way of doing it would be running out to purchase a USB hard drive, back up everything onto that drive, boot up off the windows XP CD, format your hard drive from the CD, install windows then plug the USB hard drive back in and copy files off as you need them.

Most people are cheap and backup to DVD's though which is perfectly fine but personally I always seem to forget a file to backup and 6 months later when I realize this it's too late.

Fry.

wouldnt copying stuff to a USB drive just keep the virus if its attacked to a file?

just boot off your cd and do a new install.. If you wanna be cool do a low level format!

wouldnt copying stuff to a USB drive just keep the virus if its attacked to a file?

just boot off your cd and do a new install.. If you wanna be cool do a low level format!

Yeah you got a point JJ, really depends what kind of "virus" it is. Also if virus scanners can't pick it up then your really in trouble, but I guess thats what the firewall is for.

Fry.

I say run microtrend its pretty good free online virus scan. Your saying your accessing the accounts from 2 different ISPs, why not access it from the other computer and see if it gets reset again... He could just be calling and doing a reset or know the seceret question.

Call SOE have them change your SQ and then see if it happends again. They will also be able to track the location of the account if it gets logged in from something other then your location, and take action.

i asked them to trace the acount and they said they could not do that changed the secert ? a few hours ago after i raid tonight and see what happens. but i told him i want to know the ip because this has got to be somehow agianst some rule somewhere.

Microsoft emergency patch to plug Windows security hole

Microsoft Corp. released an emergency security patch Tuesday to plug a hole in several versions of Windows — including Vista, which the software maker has touted as its most secure operating system ever.

Microsoft was so worried about the hole — which allowed hackers to break into personal computers and install malicious software — that it pushed out the critical security fix a week ahead of a regularly scheduled update.

The Redmond, Wash.-based software company told customers last Thursday about a vulnerability in ".ani" files, which are used to change the cursor into an hourglass while a program works, or into a dancing animal or other animation on specially designed websites.

Security experts said the hole was actively being exploited by hackers to install keystroke-logging programs.

Ken Dunham, director of the rapid response team at iDefense, the research division of VeriSign Inc., said a group of Chinese hackers was using the security hole to steal and sell log-ins to the popular World of Warcraft multiplayer computer game.

Microsoft said it has known about the vulnerability since December.

Microsoft Corp. released an emergency security patch Tuesday to plug a hole in several versions of Windows — including Vista, which the software maker has touted as its most secure operating system ever.

Microsoft was so worried about the hole — which allowed hackers to break into personal computers and install malicious software — that it pushed out the critical security fix a week ahead of a regularly scheduled update.

The Redmond, Wash.-based software company told customers last Thursday about a vulnerability in ".ani" files, which are used to change the cursor into an hourglass while a program works, or into a dancing animal or other animation on specially designed websites.

Security experts said the hole was actively being exploited by hackers to install keystroke-logging programs.

Ken Dunham, director of the rapid response team at iDefense, the research division of VeriSign Inc., said a group of Chinese hackers was using the security hole to steal and sell log-ins to the popular World of Warcraft multiplayer computer game.

Microsoft said it has known about the vulnerability since December.

Continue Article

Users surfing the Web were the first targets, security experts said.

The Microsoft patch "will be a significant milestone in this attack," Dunham said. However, as businesses take time to test and implement the patch, and consumers delay downloading it, hackers will still be at work.

Customers whose Windows computers aren't set to automatically install critical patches can download the security update, MS07-017, from Microsoft's website.

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2007/04/04/tech-patch.html

cool guys thanks for all the help the trend found the file whomever it is was using. soe also found the ip and will be giving me that info sometime this week, i will post here in case this happens to anyone else the dudes ip. hack the system not the ppl lol

Just one more reason why everyone should use firefox.

Firefox rocks!!! Moving on, go to http://www.tucows.com and you should be able to find plenty of free firewall thingies. I used to use zone alarm. If you're using a high speed connection, pick up a linksys router, it default does masquerading IPs. Black Ice and Zone Alarm tell you every time that something is trying to hit the internet and let you make a decision...it can be a pain and tediuous, but it would fix anything like you're discussing.

Also, run Adaware and Spybot S&D and look for any BHOs or anything like that. If you have a BHO running he may have the password as soon as you reset it...