GorillaUK is a Scammer-do not buy from him

At this time, all his marketplace posting priviledges have been removed. We like to give everyone a fair chance to explain themselves, but this situation seems pretty open and close. The problem with banning a scammer - the people that are scammed no longer have a way to get in touch with them.

Yeah, I sent him an e-mail. I wont list his paypal address or real name, or e-mail hes using now, but if you mmo or any of the admins need it to further the investigation or compare I would be happy to. In my e-mail I basically stated I would be an idiot to continue a sale with him at this point and I think I will let the acct go back to him. I dont know if I will be reimbursed 50$ for the transfer, but either way I saved myself the agreed full payment. I neglected to use mq2 at all on the acct and only progressed it as an act of good faith to make sure nothing happened to it while currency was being moved. If he does not agree to reimburse me I think I will make a claim, if not for me simply to reinforce mmo's claim about the accts being scammed and resold.

So now I hope I can find someone legit to make a deal with.

Paypal doesn't cover virtual goods..Its not likely you'll get your money back from them.

I will if the goods I was paying for are technically stolen property from mmouser and there is a pending investigation into that claim. Mine only reflects his so I am going to call them in the morning and get my point across

if he offered the cd keys then you have a tangible item to recover.

I bought a cleric 3 years ago and the guy mailed me a printed page containing the original CC, CD keys and SQ via Certified US mail, which required my signature when I received it.

That was his proof of physical delivery of the product he was selling and I thought that was pretty cool.

I can go thru my bank, paypal , or credit company which is my bank, I will get my money back and I will make someones life complete hell to do it. I have been through this before and I will take care of it. For me all this bullshit is over til Monday am for a few then its finished. Speaking with someone now about an acct with a flawless rep and I'm confident the sale will go through without a hitch.

Frankly I'm frustrated with bad luck. Another bullshit birthday week :/.

Happy Fathers' Day to all you fathers out there taking care of your business.

Just a heads up on the most recent developments,

thanks

Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2008 1:53 PM
To: GorillaUK
Subject: RE: EQ Accounts

You are now trying to appeal to my humanitarian nature? is that a book you are reading that has instructions on "how to Scam"?

You know SOE is fully aware that the Accounts are reported stolen(by you) recovered(by you) sold(by you)
possibly multiple times' and Yet you desperately keep posting the same Accounts/Characters all over the Internet for sale even now.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/scams/10546-gorillauk-is-a-scammer-do-not-buy-from-him.html

http://www.egamingsupply.com/forum/...c-2-5-sk-2500aa-nice-equipment.html#post62846

http://www.buysellmmo.com/viewtopic.php?p=174827#174827

You have left incriminating evidence of your attitude and scamming all over the place, are you mentally Ill? or just not too bright as some other people suggested to you?

Please don't email me again except if you are prepared to admit to the truth for whatever this is worth to you.

Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:57 PM
To: MMOUserX
Subject: RE: EQ Accounts

Firstly, i'd like to mention i do not check my email every single day of my life. When i read your first email i was a little confused. When i read your paypal complaint i was still confused as to what has actually happened but understand that something had happened or you was trying to get the better of me. I am negative the full balance from my account now. I don't know who to trust, i don't know if it was the person i sold another account to or yourself trying to keep all accounts and the money...

I'd like to sort this out, but i can't do anything with negative money in my account. Without a job and so on...

The things said in that e-mail mimic a scammer so flawlessly its sad. I have had someone say the exact same things to me. They even told me they didn't receive my WU payment and told me to send it again. I was like this guy is so retarded and I didn't do it. But what i'm hearing here and in my pm's e-mails its all too familar. Its a desperation move, like a drowning person flailing for anything to hold on to.

I hope you get your money back mmouser

im confused. if he scammed you why wouldnt you post his personal information. THe more information you have the better. Maybe he will get unlucky and someone will browse the boards and put a few pieces together and he could have some identity theft. Scammers deserve what they get dont protect them post away.

Necroman

I know this : If you post someones identity and something happens to that person due to your posting you can be charged with a felony.

I am not claiming it is right or wrong, just stating a fact. Now of course I would love for GorillaUK dude to get a nice long hard one from a 6'8" black cell mate named Shirley, but just be careful.

This is coming from a different messageboard.
Thought it would be semi appropriate to post.

pvptwink said:
well i heard he had a warroir (boss) and a monk (woofu) that got banned like 2 months ago because of hacked gear.

whether its true or not. maybe this is the reason GorillaUK is trying to get rid of the accts?
I dont know. it adds much more twist to the whole deal going on with GorillaUK imo.

I can attest to that, the 10 days I got to use the Characters before he took them back I noticed they all had full Last Bloods, a great arsenal of weapons and items coming from the same Boss mobs, and that to characters with 200 to 600 AAs no MPG trials resist cap increase(I did that for them along with ~100+ AAs I added while playing them) , no DoN progression and several of them had less than 1 week play time. Only Kavorka I think was looking the part with full AAs and several flags/keys

I happened to use my Magelo subscription to capture Boss data at the time, http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1395668

GorillaUK has been IP banned from the site. After speaking with him, he intends to resell these characters and asked that I remove his Marketplace restriction so he could do so.

It is a well known fact he wants to sell these Characters, he sold them to me and I still have an Open Claim with PayPal involving 1244EU(1912$) my money.

Concurrently and after he made the sale to me he was in the market for more buyers for the same merchandise. Not to mention all the information regarding this ongoing incident is known to SOE.

I don't know how appropriate would be to accept him posting again for sale the same characters now, that he has in his possession currently in no doubt but are a part of the above dispute with myself.

For all we know he gets to keep the money(although I will raise the land and sea if that happens) and resell the characters....and happily keep doing that for ever after.

All we can do is keep him away from this site. If anyone notices these characters being sold again on here, please let me know and the responsible parties will have the same fate Gorilla did.

Not trying to be cold, but let the lesson be:

We are not really concerned about your financial well-being or lack thereof. If you scam or attempt to scam our members, we will handle accordingly. Sure, call me cold, but I could give a rat's ass if you cannot work because of your "breathing" problems, but you can sit around a computer, play a game, and scam people. In this case, I don't have any heart strings for anyone to play on :)

That chuck norris qoute is so friggin funny lol =p. I dunno gets me everytime.

I'm at lunch atm but when I get home from work I'm going to open my claim with paypal over the phone and take it from there. It's nice to know this site is so well run that a thorough investigation was done and responsible parties were dealt with accordingly on this site, lets hope it continues in the favor of those scammed outside of mmobugs. I think when my claim goes in involving with proof that the character I was being sold is part of another scam its gonna be no question to the outcome of mmousers' claim. Especially since the paypal, e-mail, name, address, everything for the seller is the exact same for both claims.

You scam on the streets your gonna get shot, online scammers should consider themselves lucky and take a hint that your ass is gonna get busted. I am all for vigilante justice.

Just a heads up,

PayPal's Response

Dear Kostas Halkias,

We have concluded our investigation into your case:

Case ID: Case ID #'s PP-491-063-134, PP-491-064-578, PP-491-065-857,
PP-491-066-723
Transaction Date: May 31, 2008
Transaction Amount: -1244.00 EUR
Seller's Email: wadeheames@hotmail.com
Seller's Name: Wade Heames

Unfortunately, we were unable to resolve this claim in your favor because
the item purchased was virtual or intangible. As a result, we have not
taken any action against the seller at this time but we have noted your
dissatisfaction in the seller's record for future reference.

If you still have concerns about this transaction, we encourage you to
continue to work directly with the seller for an amicable resolution.

Thank you,
Jonathan
Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If your
inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to the
Resolution Center.

My Response

Dear Sirs,

Regarding the comment " because the item purchased was virtual or intangible"
I clearly specified in my initial dispute claim " I have paid in order to receive the ownership of a Game Account in the Online Game Everquest. I have received partial information that didn't permit the change of ownership to be completed" The information I didn't received was the original CD/DVD Serial Numbers' I haven't received that either in electronic or tangible form. This is the information I am referring to here " The Seller waited a certain number of days passed from my payment at PayPal, and at 12/06/08 used the on purpose withholded information to take back ownership of the account and leaving me with no goods whatsoever for my payment"

He used the original serial numbers to claim he is the owner of the Accounts' and the at that time user(myself) was a thief.

I can't spell it more clearly for you really, do you want me to say he didn't mail me the original CDs? is this something your system can process and will understand? Anyway 1244 euro and more than a few days of my time in writing emails, forum reports, and talking on the phone are not going to go to waste because your so called experts are poorly educated in this field of electronic merchandise and unable to resolve this claim successfully, for transactions that your Company even now claims to protect, support, and promotes online.

Unfortunately your inability to discern the truth of this situation together with your non up-to-date and monolithic attitude towards software electronic products your system supports in selling but claims not to recognize in a legitimate dispute, forces me to prosecute this transaction with your company via my Bank and CC.
Furthermore I will have to publish a high visibility WWW site(Google paid advertisement)with the whole of the complete and indisputable information available in order to hopefully alert and protect other unsuspected buyers from same situations.

Sincerely

Stopped playing EQ will cancel my 20 accounts and started WoW 5 accounts lvl 70 and PvP BGs are great so far :)

Have your bank recover the funds. Paypal will prolly get pissy and close your account. Big fuggin deal, new email, new account.

ya, think like a scammer to beat the scammer.

After they close your account with a negative balance PayPal will send a collection agency after you . Will fuck your credit good.