GorillaUK is a Scammer-do not buy from him

MMOUserX

Reaction score
I recently made a purchase from him of 4 Accounts that included the particular Characters he is posting here for sale. I paid 1244 Euro via PayPal for all of them and enjoyed them for exactly 10 days. After that he took the Characters back using an excuse with SoE and his complete information of the Accounts.

I know I am new to these forums and I actually was prompted to join here by himself during our negotiation of the sale
I will quote parts from our emails during the sale negotiation, I have changed the names and real email addresses to the aliases we both use here as a civilized gesture, also removed actual account information exept the character names, I have PMed the emails to the board administration together with a request for his registered email address here in order to use it in my ongoing PayPal Claim.

----- Original Message -----
To: MMOUserX
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 12:25 AM
Subject: RE: EQ Characters

OK, if you want to check some prices you can look at www.mmobugs.com at the character sales there.

Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 00:21:27 +0300
Ok will check Magelos in detail tommorow at office and let you know/make an offer.
I am not prepared atm cause I never realy thought to buy a char(thus so many original owned accounts) and havnt done any research yet(prices, what is available etc.)
but I can see a great tank/cler will let me try more encounters for fun.

Bloodlord Kavorka = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394716 (EPIC 2.5, Armour i was going to make soon, he has some Demi/TSS armour instead of elegant. He has the Last Bloods in the Bank).

This char he now posted as Epic 2.5 SK / 2500AA / Nice Equipment he changed the Magelo ID but is the exact same character, I even scribed some RKII spells he was missing during my 10 days

Myrmidon Doomer = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394720 (Haven't finished making the magelo yet, but its correct on items)

This char he now posted as Ogre Warrior 2.0, CoA/ToB/Elegant Armours he changed the Magelo ID but is the exact same character exept he was level 78 when I had him, he leveled him to 80 to get a better price.

The complete list of characters he sold to me

Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:35 PM
Subject: EQ Characters

All on Antonius Bayle:
Myrmidon Boss of the Daybringers = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1392399
High Priest Pisjka = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394793 (Not anywhere near finished making this magelo, 600AA's, EPIC 2.5)
Woofu Foofu = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1392400 (Not 100% accurate but the items are correct and he doesn't have many AA)
Bloodlord Kavorka = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394716 (EPIC 2.5, Armour i was going to make soon, he has some Demi/TSS armour instead of elegant. He has the Last Bloods in the Bank).
Myrmidon Doomer = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394720 (Haven't finished making the magelo yet, but its correct on items)

Seventh Hammer Server:
Bloodlord Vung = http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1393089

and his information of the price he was going to ask as given by him when I was negotiating the price for the whole of them

Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 12:12 AM
Subject: RE: EQ Characters

This is what i was going to list them for on a forum:

Boss (Iksar Warrior) = $600
Doomer (Ogre Warrior) = $300
Pisjka (DElf Cleric) = $400 (if i was to wait and get him some solteris gear, i would sell it for $600 with better equipment).
Kavorka (Ogre SK) = $500
Vung (Iksar SK with solteris gear) = $600
Woofu (Monk with full elegant/sublimes/last bloods) = $300

My active Claim at PayPal atm

From Buyer: MMOUserX#2
I have already informed the Company that publishes the Game the Accounts sold are used, SOE(Sony Online Entertainment) appropriate department, about the scam and fraudulent behavior involving the Seller and this particular transaction. Also asked my Bank and a Lawyer's office to proceed building a legal case against the Seller if possible. I would like an email and/or Postal address so I can forward all the pertinent information that proves the Sellers' a Fraud and this transaction from his part is a Preconceived and possible Repeated Scam.

From Buyer: MMOUserX #1
I have payed in order to receive the ownership of a Game Account in the Online Game Everquest. I have received partial information that didnt permit the change of ownership to be completed. The Seller waited a certain number of days passed from my payment at Paypall, and at 12/06/08 used the on purpose withholded information to take back ownership of the account and leaving me with no goods whatsoever for my payment. He commited a preconceived fraud, possible to others also. I am filling a complain also with my Bank asking the payment to be challenged and void. I would like this to be resolved ASAP.

The letter I wrote to SoE

Dear Sirs,

With this and the corresponding active Service incident with details :

Reference #
Product
EverQuest
General
Category
Account / Billing
Login / Password
Forgotten / Invalid Password
Date Created
06/12/2008 02:00 PM
Last Updated
06/12/2008 11:35 PM
Status
Updated BY Customer

I make known to you the following facts.

I was contacted in Game at 24/25-05-08 by a Character named Kavorka, he
offered to sell me his Everquest Online Accounts because, he claimed, he was
quitting the game.
We followed the conversation via emails, in which he identified to me as a
person named GorillaUK, and advertised for sale
the following Characters

Quoting from his original email
"
All on Antonius Bayle:
Myrmidon Boss of the Daybringers = <http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1392399>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1392399
High Priest Pisjka(renamed by him to Diavol prior the sale) =
<http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394793> http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394793
(Not anywhere near finished making this magelo, 600AA's, EPIC 2.5)
Woofu Foofu = <http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1392400>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1392400 (Not 100% accurate but the items are
correct and he doesn't have many AA)
Bloodlord Kavorka = <http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394716>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394716 (EPIC 2.5, Armour i was going to make
soon, he has some Demi/TSS armour instead of elegant. He has the Last Bloods
in the Bank).
Myrmidon Doomer = <http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394720>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394720 (Haven't finished making the magelo
yet, but its correct on items)
Seventh Hammer Server:
Bloodlord Vung = <http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1393089>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1393089
"

Following more emails and advertisement of the Characters from his part. I
finally decided and at 31-05-08 I made the purchase from him of the
following 4 Accounts,

Station Name:
Password:
SQ Answer:
Character:Woofu

Station Name:
Password:
SQA:
Character:Boss

Station Name:
Password:
SQA:
Character:Kavorka/Doomer

Station Name:
Password:
SQA:
Character: Pisjka (Diavol),Vung

paid via PayPal the money total of 1244 EURO plus transaction expenses. 3 of
the Accounts had a non running subscription and I reactivated them by adding
my Credit Card details for a reoccurring monthly Active subscription.

On 11-06-08, as the above correspondence with your representative TSR SoE Rep.
indicates, he contacted you and claimed he lost access to his Accounts used
his, withhold during the sale to me, information and changed the passwords
of all the Bought Accounts so I couldn't use them.

My Credit Card details and personal data are available to him now and I
already informed my Bank about the incident . I would like my own
information wiped out from the Bought Accounts history in order to protect
my financial integrity, failing that I will have to cancel my Credit Card
which will prove time consuming and disrupting to the ongoing monthly
subscriptions tied to this Credit Card.

I have already completed a dispute status with PayPal regarding my original
payment to him and I will keep you updated on any correspondence regarding
this incident.

His behavior during our Online Chat and subsequent e-mails combined with his
attitude (actions to take back the accounts immediately following my payment
clearance from PayPal/hisBank, and his response to my PayPal dispute)
indicate a preconceived fraud and well thought out scammer and I am afraid
he may repeat/has already his actions again, I am willing to post this whole
incident to several associated online forums in order to warn and hopefully
protect others from same misfortunes.

I am in your disposal to provide any further information you deem necessary
for a expedient resolution of this issue.

Also I would like to bring to your attention he uses many aliases on Antonius Bayle Community Forums on which he has the worst reputation possible, his aliases I know are Ceritus, Jegger, thewong, RZECH_AB, Emineox and possibly others

Sorry that happened to ya bro. I know how that makes ya feel, has happened to me too.

Trust me on one thing, it will come back to bite him. Maybe not now or real soon, but I can assure you it will come back around.

Keeping this thread open so information can be posted. Have contacted both members. All gorilla's sales have been put on hold pending the outcome.

That's alot of fuckin information.
Sorry that happened to you. All this scamming is getting ridiculous.

I recently, 2 days ago purchased an account from GorillaUK with a iksar monk, who was on AB named Woofu, I had it transferred to Tribunal with a name change. I paid 50$ for the transfer with the rest of the payment to be paid on monday was the agreement. He has allowed me to play the acct while he holds sq answer until final payment is received. Fair enough for me.

I am only stating this because it may or may not be relevant to this case. I am not choosing sides or trying to snitch anyone, just trying to speed the process of settling this. Thus far, GorillaUK has been fair, quick, easy and pleasant to deal with.

50% scam rate instead of 100% still doesn't sound like someone who deserves a spot in our community.

I agree with shade, one (still possible atm) scam is still bad enough imho to boot a person from the site.

Plus the fact he waited 10 days to complete his scam the first time...so what seems to be favorable for Kantjj at the moment, may not stay that way.

Scammers are scumbags and their punishment should be loss of monies plus an actual address/name to find them for personal retribution :)

That really sucks, I hope you're able to resolve it with PayPal.

He also sent me a PM because I was looking to buy a warrior, he offered his Iksar Warrior to me, Boss. But, just so you know, he is still around here and trying to sell his toons still.

Good thing I declined =)

Gorilla's access to the Marketplace has been suspended pending the outcome of this situation.

I thank you all very much for the concern and good words.

It really was a sad experience considering the possible monetary loss, the time lost in game and in writing to various agencies afterwards, but worst of all is the feeling that you have been the recipient of an elaborate scamm and the victim of a repetitive and competent liar. Someone only has to follow his AB postings to witness what lies and intrigues this person can create.

To Kantjj:

I recently, 2 days ago purchased an account from GorillaUK with a iksar monk, who was on AB named Woofu, I had it transferred to Tribunal with a name change. I paid 50$ for the transfer with the rest of the payment to be paid on monday was the agreement. He has allowed me to play the acct while he holds sq answer until final payment is received. Fair enough for me.

I am only stating this because it may or may not be relevant to this case. I am not choosing sides or trying to snitch anyone, just trying to speed the process of settling this. Thus far, GorillaUK has been fair, quick, easy and pleasant to deal with.

Be extremely cautious around GorillaUK, he was very polite, informative, and seemingly truthful during his contact with me before the sale, he stopped totally the communication after my payment, which was fine by me and didn't arose any suspicions. Apparently while I was using his sold characters he was already in the Marketplace advertizing them again and took them from me as soon as he felt it was safe and he had another prospective buyer.

From my original post you can see that Woofu was one of the Characters he sold to me originally, I was using him those 10 days as added DPS as I was trying some CoA named.

When later on I confronted him via email with evidence he stole the accounts back and he was a scammer he didn't even bother to answer me until PayPal removed my payment to him from his account.

After that he tried to start this trick with me...

The most recent correspondence with him follows, I have removed my letter to SoE which is the same as the one posted in my original posting and changed the real names and emails with the aliases used on this forum.

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 10:04 PM
To: 'GorillaUK'
Subject: RE: EQ Accounts

What you are saying is simply not the truth.

Explanation and proof:

Immediately upon finding out the accounts were not accessible and lost to me I talked with a SOE chat representative that told me they were "recovered" for someone else

following that I did send you the following email,

"
----- Original Message -----
To: GorillaUK
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: EQ Accounts

I have lost access to the accounts, I will wait until tomorrow for a response.

after that lawyers"

I was already gravely suspicious of a fraud at that point and yet waited the better part of a day to initiate only a Dispute case

I still get no direct respond from you , but you respond to the PayPal Dispute case with an answer that on purpose quotes only parts of our email correspondence and accused me of been the wrong party,

By reading that answer and having the facts already by speaking with SoE , that the original owner(you) claiming his accounts were taken asked them back, I immediately recognize the attempt at fraud and only then I escalate the PayPal dispute to a claim.

Still I had no contact from you until a few hours ago starting with this series of emails, and you now try to alternate between I am wrong or a third person did it.

In the original series of emails we exchanged before I decided to go on with your sale, I asked in the best possible intent and terms to have a single login inside the Game in order to check them out. You refused categorically and explained your grievous concern that I may "steal" the characters before paying for them.
You now want me to believe you actually did that with even more accounts for someone "a person" else before our transaction, and also you want me to believe that' that other person somehow deciphered the secret answer and the extra information, posed as the original owner, and prompted SOE to take back the accounts from the "taking" owner me.

What you actually try to do here is try and shift the blame to a imaginary "a person" third person

I include my letter to SoE legal department here for you to review

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 7:26 PM

In your first email to my self you didn't explain to me what had actually happened, and before i had a chance to reply to you, you had made a complaint via paypal. My account is now negative 1,200 euros.

I am still unsure as to what is going on here, either you have transferred the characters and now want to get your money back as well as having the characters. Or if what you are saying is the truth, then it is possible that a person i sold one of my accounts to 1 week before i sold those one's to you has taken them.

He seen all the accounts that were for sale and he logged them into game to see them. After buying my one account he had all the information he needed to reset these accounts it seems, by pretending to be myself.

If you can sort out this negative 1,200 euros in my account then i will be more than willing to try and get the accounts reset and help you move the characters to new accounts in your own name. However, i am still negative 1,200 euros...

Thanks.

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:02:41 +0300
I was extremely friendly, generous and punctual to you, I asked you to be a gentleman and you proved to be a fraud.
There is no way you will get away with this fraud and scheming.

I have from yesterday that I tried to log in unsuccessfully done the following and in order,

Send you an email and asked for an explanation regarding the situation-got no response whatsoever until now
I talked with SoE and was informed the Accounts(all of them) were reported as stolen and claimed back by the original owner who had extra information available
I talked to my Bank for a course of action
I initiated the PayPal investigation and rightfully claimed the transactions as a fraud done by your part
I wrote a letter to SoE customers support and the legal department explaining every detail in absolute truthfulness
more than 20 pages worth of information is logged by my bank regarding these transactions already and also asked my Company's resident Layer to see if he can build a legal case or/and find pending charges against you
I just hang up on the phone with PPal Ireland and asked them to expedient this process and not wait the 2 days out because you submitted null tracking information and tried to manipulate the system to buy time.

We done a transaction I paid you and the facts show you are trying to take advantage of me and commit a fraud

Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 1:38 PM

Are you serious that you cannot log into these accounts? OR have you transferred the characters already and want to try and keep the money also?

That really sucks, I hope you're able to resolve it with PayPal.

He also sent me a PM because I was looking to buy a warrior, he offered his Iksar Warrior to me, Boss. But, just so you know, he is still around here and trying to sell his toons still.

Good thing I declined =)

I was shown "Boss" by a user here "The Korvorka". Think I'm spelling the user name correctly. I had a gut feeling somethign wasn't right and didnt buy.

BB

is the ban you do a IP ban guys ?
these toons belong to a well known scammer on AB, i PMed Fry a few weeks ago about another user who is this guy for sure, Fry banned him and obvisouly he's back again on the forums, so.....
if you need the name of the MMO user who is the same scammer and was banned a mod can PM me.

Yeah we IP ban, but unfortunately it's not hard to get a different IP and bypass it. PM Fry, DT, or myself and we'll do what we can. This one is currently being investigated.

If all of this is true, which is sounds like it is, then I am going to go ahead and contact paypal and include the fact that this person is scamming other people. Hopefully some REAL solid legal action will take place if they see how widespread this is. Luckily I haven't forked over any other money at this point except for a transfer fee, but if by chance this turns out against his favor then I will be pretty happy to have avoided losing a lot of money.

I will keep checking back and also try to talk to him again before I send a paypal dispute allowing him to refund my money and sell the new acct on his own.

Go figure I find what I wanted and it goes sour. SOooo If anyone that is really a decent person with a iksar monk with at very least has coa gear or better then shoot me a msg I would love to finally have one I can keep :/

People really need their heads examined picking this community to try and run an ongoing scam with. People here are so quick to alert the rest of the community here that at best, someone might get over on one person...and even then people here are not exactly without the sophistication to go after them and get their money back. Some people are just spawned from a shallow gene pool I suppose. MMO I hope you get your money back...dam thorough job you are doing in following up.

This guy has registered on another site with the name Bobby1234. I have already called him out and contacted site admins lol~

Hmm investigation still pending....I see he is still a member here?

you get the $ back from pp?

This is my first PayPal Claim and it appears they have a well thought out system that , when Disputes/Claims are involved, it focuses on giving the luxury of time to the participating parties to settle it down on their own.
In this case ofcource this isn't possible, since we are talking about someone that apparently can use the word truth only if it furthers a scam of his' That or he is desperate about some fast cash and thought to use the same few Accounts/Characters over and over again and sell them to everyone he can find.

Although I have to admit PayPal were quick enough to remove 1200EU from his account after I spoke with a live representative and explained the situation in detail. I haven't been credited my 1244 Euro back as of now though.
The real resolving of the Claim will take place on Monday I guess and I hope there will be no complications whatsoever.

If someone else, like Kantjj mentioned, has further information or details about his fraudulent actions to add that can be used to make my case with PayPal clearer, and let's them know about it I realy would appreciate that gesture.