Feature request for MQ2Map

Blujahz

Your spell fizzled!
Reaction score
I wonder if it would be doable to add a toggle feature to MQ2Map that will draw and keep the path of "walkers" visible on the map?

I figure the plugin draws a point on the map where a npc is located, but if the npc moves, the plugin will draw a new point in the new location and erase the point from the old location. Perhaps you could just not remove the point from the old location?

The advantage of this is that you can tell exactly where the "safe" spots are in a zone (to setup camp for example). Right now that is a very inexact process of seeing where mobs are at one instance in time (now) and guessing where mobs might path. With this addition, one could sit in the zone for a little while with this feature turned on and see exactly where the safe camps are (ones without any walkers moving nearby).

I can see how it could be done.

You would need to decide how long of a history to keep and how often to update a position.

I seem to recall there were some problems with the EQ map getting corrupted when too many elements were on it. This may have been fixed a long time ago.

I'd like to see a mapfilter option that functions similarly to "/mapfilter custom radius ##" except that the spawns would appear and disappear on the map depending on whether they were inside or outside of that radius. Right now, spawns will not reappear once they come back into the radius (or you move closer to them).

This would help a lot with the map corruption that happens in bigger, more populated zones like dewey2461 mentions above.