FAST PC and horribly slow when boxing..2FPS

prado1586

Reaction score
When running lavish software and 4boxing my supposidly incredible PC drops to practically a POS. to start, my pc is 4.0ghz, 32 ddr ram, 4gig gpu, amd 8350 processor. When i just run one everquest i am at 80 or so fps. I mean i bought this machine to be able to box EQ. But when i run lavish software and mmobugs and get in game with the 4 accounts, my fps drop from 80 on one account to 2-7fps when 4 boxing.

I have tried to set the affinity on each account to cpu 1 instead of it being on all processors. but yet it doesnt save the setting. also my cpu usage when doing ctrl+alt+del is running 70-100%.

Any help? my pc should be perfectly capable of running 20 EQs and not lagging, oh and im on 300mbs of internet, so its not my internet connection either.

PLEASE HELP

Unload MQ2FPS, think isboxer/winEQ fights with that.

I don't know. I had a problem with FPS and unloaded MQ2FPS and that solved it. If that didn't work for you, I have no idea. Sure Fry, HTW and crew can help though.

Bro
Try to put the settings of your CPU cores to -1 on all.
Scribe it all on your client ini and it should solve your problem.
It means all your sessions with use all your cores (split).
Some CPU focus on 1 Core only when you have 4.
Keep us informed.

Question though.
You dont need Lavish anymore, open your 4 regular sessions to the character login, start the launcher, then log them all. Your PC will love it.

I run wineq2 with Eqplaynice, makes a huge difference for me on lag. Without eqplaynice I run into the bottleneck of how many accounts I can load before I start experiencing video lag (the same issue that occurs when I try to load up accounts without wineq2+nice).

Without wineq2 + nice, I can only load about 6 accounts before I experience severe video lag.

Wineq2 only 6 accounts or so.

With wineq2 + nice, can load about 14-15.

Last edited:
Question though.
You dont need Lavish anymore, open your 4 regular sessions to the character login, start the launcher, then log them all. Your PC will love it.

I use isboxer so that I can see all my accounts at once. Lets me split the screens so that I get a big window for the actively controlled toon and smaller windows for the rest. I just mouse click whichever window I want control of. Also lets me multicast commands to all boxes at once. When MQ2 goes down, I can still box fairly well.......if I bothered to set-up my hotkeys for it. Think isboxer has eqplaynice in it and from my experience when running isboxer/eqplaynice+MQ2FPS, things would be really glitchy.

Last edited:
If you're using Innerspace/ISBoxer, try changing your CPU strategy to all for all. Run through the wizard to make a second profile like your first so you can have both and compare the two.

I was using round-robin cpu strategy for ISBOXER and had a buddy suggest I choose 15 background fps/50 foreground FPS, with master slot using core #0 and then choosing the option to choose no cpu cores, let the game pick it. I went from about 80% cpu useage to 40% with 11 games on one computer.

Also went into my video display options in EQ and made sure the pixel shaders are checked, as I've read it helps put some of the cpu load onto the gpu. Also went into my nvidia gfx settings and made it do max performance for everquest.exe..

just some tips. hope it helps.

Use EQ's native FPS setting and set background to 30fps on all and disable the FPS in IsBoxer. Any less and you will have stick issues.

Also make sure that wineq is off in one of the .ini. I believe its moveutils.ini.

If you want tips on boxing optimization go here. This is for EMU but is still relevant.

Everquest Tweaks and Settings for Optimal Performance

Last edited:
I havent had any issues with 15 fps on stick, 10 I did but 15 worked. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

edit: wow awesome link going to setup some of those tricks later.

Last edited:
I had a similiar problem that was fixed. In ISOBoxer setup program unclick make the game believe it is in foreground mode.

Boom, fixed for me.

Also at one time autologin was lagging my setup, although it seems to be fixed for me

ive gone into eqclient files and set all to affinity 0.
gone into lavish and run the wizard, have it set to round robin and all affinity's go to 1.
all pixels are showing in eq itself. not sure what is left to do.
once all 4 up with innerspace i hit 1-9FPS and the affinitys when i look at it are not staying at 1 or 0, they are hitting all cores. not sure how to save this correctly.
I use lavish to have all 4 windows visible at 1 time and be able to just click which one i want up. As of right now i cannot use this and it sucks, great piece of software.
with MQ2FPS running its no difference. seems a little buggier if anything.
i will pay someone to help me ha. im so desperate for my EQ fix its not funny

even if i dont run lavish software this shit is laggy beyond laggy. and i seriously just upgraded to 300mbs internet....should be no way. there is some setting that i have that i cant figure out that is causing all my affinitys to reset themselves and not run at max capacity

when i go into my Gefore experience, and run a game search, it doesnt even bring up everquest as an option. only games like starcraft or civilization. wont bring up EQ. not sure how to get into that either.

and i edit isboxer toolkit to run the wizard, set all affinitys to 0 then the round robin, click finish, file save. but it doesnt remember my damn settings.

Sounds like you need to determine if you have a hardware issue or software.
I recall having this problem and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Try another graphics card or switch to the on board one if equipped.

Oh snap! It was some bios setting, did you change something recently? New PC?

nothing changed other than windows 10. Use to box perfectly fine with no issues. Seems like since maybe windows 10 it wont allow me to box the same way