eqbc alternative ?

seashadow

Reaction score
I've been having all kinds of issues with eqbc staying connected lately. Is there another plugin taht is similar that will allow me send commands to my bots on two differnt computers? thanks.

I've been having all kinds of issues with eqbc staying connected lately. Is there another plugin taht is similar that will allow me send commands to my bots on two differnt computers? thanks.

InnerSpace

I have never had that problem and been using EQBCS for years.......

Try running it on a different machine that isn't one your playing on.....any crappy PC / Laptop will do.

You can also unload mq2netbots and that typically stops crashing of EQBCS

My EQBC keeps crashing now as well. I have to disconnect, unload plugin, launch eqbc, reload plugin and then reconnect.

what is the disadvantage to unloading Netbots?

My EQBC keeps crashing now as well. I have to disconnect, unload plugin, launch eqbc, reload plugin and then reconnect.

Well... it doesn't crash, it just doesn't handle the load well and chokes. Same effect for you though eh? I have it mostly rewritten, but like a lot of other shit, it is on the TODO list.

htw

You only need netbots if you are using modbot or some other custom macro. Most dont need to even have it loaded.

Well... it doesn't crash, it just doesn't handle the load well and chokes. Same effect for you though eh? I have it mostly rewritten, but like a lot of other shit, it is on the TODO list.

htw

Thanks HTW! Ya I use Modbot 3.49 and its frustrating when EQBC "chokes" Also having some minor issues unloading mq2eqbc this causes me to CTD sometimes. Perhaps there could be a link to the two problems? Here is what happens:

/bccmd connect blah blah blah port

After awhilre it "chokes"

/bccmd quit
/plugin mq2eqbc unload (sometimes crashes)

/plugin mq2eqbc
Launch EQBC
/bccmd connect blah blah blha port

I sometimes have to do this a few times to get them to "really be connected" it says they are connected but do not accept commands.

I mainly use EQBC w/ Modbot for follow, stop, heal routines, debuff routines.

Other Plugins I Load
MQ2Melee
MQ2netheal
MQ2netbots
MQ2Cast
MQ2Moveutils
MQ2Advpath
MQ2twist
MQ2mmofastmem

And the basic pre-loads!

If there is anything else i can provide let me know. I'll do what I can to help resolve this!

This problem is detailed a lot more in the EQBC thread on www.macroquest2.com. netbots spams info every pulse I think is what the post said. Someone else was working on a rebuild as well.

Thanks HTW! Ya I use Modbot 3.49 and its frustrating when EQBC "chokes" Also having some minor issues unloading mq2eqbc this causes me to CTD sometimes. Perhaps there could be a link to the two problems? Here is what happens:

/bccmd connect blah blah blah port

After awhilre it "chokes"

/bccmd quit
/plugin mq2eqbc unload (sometimes crashes)

/plugin mq2eqbc
Launch EQBC
/bccmd connect blah blah blha port

I sometimes have to do this a few times to get them to "really be connected" it says they are connected but do not accept commands.

I mainly use EQBC w/ Modbot for follow, stop, heal routines, debuff routines.

Other Plugins I Load
MQ2Melee
MQ2netheal
MQ2netbots
MQ2Cast
MQ2Moveutils
MQ2Advpath
MQ2twist
MQ2mmofastmem

And the basic pre-loads!

If there is anything else i can provide let me know. I'll do what I can to help resolve this!
Hmmm... have you tried just reloading the server, and then reconnecting each account? I thought unloading the actual plugin was not necessary. That at least might make it easier on you, to eliminate any kind of crash.

htw

Everysince i stop useing Netbot i have not disconnected. There is a new thread on the Macroquest forum, where they are looking at redoing netbot as it is causing some issue's.

I gotta agree, I unloaded netbots after reading that thread, not a single crash/choke after that.

Hmmm... have you tried just reloading the server, and then reconnecting each account? I thought unloading the actual plugin was not necessary. That at least might make it easier on you, to eliminate any kind of crash.

htw

Yes! Doing it that way sometimes takes me closing and re-launching eqbc 4-5 times. When I unload and reload the plugin it seems to help 1 try.

Coulple things I have noticed:

1. When I minimize EQ and launch Internet, this sometimes "chokes" EQBC.

2. If i try /bccmd reconnect it may say I am connected but unless i see 'Echo ON" I am not really connected.

Problem Found but not solved

Ok! SO here is what is happening MQ2Netbots is overloading the EQBC server causing it to stall. As JJ said you can unload MQ2netbots but this is only a bandaid. Also poeple like myself who use Modbot 3.49 (Requires mq2netbots to run) are up shit creek. I know an alternative is MQ2IRC however I have not used it and am not familiar with exactly how it works. Can anyone suggest a server for IRC? Do you have to download a standalone program for this?

/iconnect <server> <port> <channel> <nick> is what it asks for when you load the plugin.

Where can I download IRC Chat?