MQ2EQBCS and Mobile Hot Spot

topcik

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm having a issue connecting to my EQBC Interface through a mobile hotspot.

Main computer (networked) is running EQBC.

2nd computer is connected to the internet through my phones mobile hotspot. I cant get the 2nd computer to link up to the main computer using the /bccmd connect {my ip address} 2112 command.

Is there a certain trick or something I'm missing?

I don't have this issue when I connect through a VPN, just when connected to a mobile hotspot.

Last edited:
I'm having a issue connecting to my EQBC Interface through a mobile hotspot.

Main computer (networked) is running EQBC.

2nd computer is connected to the internet through my phones mobile hotspot. I cant get the 2nd computer to link up to the main computer using the /bccmd connect {my ip address} 2112 command.

Is there a certain trick or something I'm missing?

I don't have this issue when I connect through a VPN, just when connected to a mobile hotspot.

A bit of information would need clarification to be sure, but I can give you an example of how I've done it in the past.

If the main computer is located on a home network and connects via Modem + Router, you could set the router up for port forward to forward port 2112 to the home computer.

If you are connecting to the IP address to the modem and the network doesn't have a router, then it should just be punching in the direct address and since it's the only computer on that network, it should just connect directly.

If you have to setup port forwarding for your router, each router is different and I cannot say the steps that are needed. But I can say that a mobile hotspot is likely going to be considered an external connection.

If you're going to setup port forwarding I can say that you will need to hit start > type in "cmd" to start a dos prompt, then type "ipconfig" which would output the information related to your computer, such as your local IP address on the router's network. You would then need to go to the settings for your router and tell it that you want to forward port 2112 to the IP Address of the computer that is hosting the EQBC.

IE: If the computers local IP address is 192.168.0.15, then you would forward port 2112 to the IP address 192.168.0.15, and name it anything you like, but something descriptive such as EQBC Server would be helpful for knowing what it's for later. I can't recall if you want TCP or UDP ports forwarded, you can try each individually, or select both. However for security of your system it's best that you only open ports traffic to your system specifically for what you need open. You can use "Both" to ensure it works, then change it to UDP and TCP individually to see which is the correct one.

I've used this method to connect to a computer in Virginia while connecting from the internet in Afghanistan while I was deployed back in roughly 09-10. So I know that would work to connect two systems which are on different connections.

What you have explained is what I have already set up.

I have the Port Forward set on my IP and the 2112 port, on my main computer.

My 2nd computer is connected to the internet through a TP-Link (TL-WN722N) that is receiving a WiFI / Bluetooth signal from my Samsung phone. The connection is great and It allows me to connect to servers that limit one connection per IP.

However, If I try to connect MQEQBCS on the 2nd PC, through the phones connection, to the main computers EQBC, it will not connect. It tries to connect, but times out.

Did this for years and finally got a 1Gbs connection instead of 2 separate connections.

Things that took me a bit to hash out.

1. Network addresses. Make sure you don't have the same subnet on both of them. Nonroutable IP subnets cause havoc with next gen firewalls.

2. Turn off your Firewalls on both PC's. OR go into Adv settings on both firewalls and change the Public interface to allow 2112 from everyone.

3. Use the Public IP address from your remote machine then forward to your internal IP via NAT.

Good luck!