Emergancy Patch Incoming To Fix This Bug

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
First, Props to Drellisdee for finding this first, and thanks to the few others that informed me afterwards.

Ever since TSS was launched there has been a huge flaw in the way AA XP is gained.

Sony found out about this flaw about a day ago by someone posting about it on the offical sony forums,. The post has since been removed.

AA xp now scales depending on the groups level. If you group a level 1 with a level 65+, do a quest with the level 1, the level 65+ will get the same xp a level 1 would normally get scaled up. If you find the right quest this can scale up to over 71aa’s a turn in. You can group 5 level 65+’s with a level 1 and get the full group the same amount of crazy AA’s. You can max any groups aa’s in less than an hour if you know the right quests to do.

I have no idea how sony is going to handle this so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. With that said, I would suggest staying away from Kaladimb bonechips hand ins and the red wine hand in at all costs. These are the well known spots at this time, and there is way better spots than this. Muffins quest sucks too as it only give 1%aa a turn in, so stay away from that.

Just think about a quest you can do on a level one that will give decent xp for a level one, and do that quest over and over.

BTW This only works on AA's, not normal XP.

The patch to fix this bug is in a few hours. I’m not sure how sony is going to handle punishing people who used it. We have seen GMs watching a few quest npc's in kaladim so please be careful.

Fry.

you have 3 quests in RV that are a 15-2min quests that cost nothing. How much does the bandage quest in Misty Thicket give? You also have Bonechip quest for cabilis.

That's pretty cool, I was wondering what the bone chip exploit was.

350 AA's on 2 chars in 2 hours lol Thanks much Fry
I do however smell roll back! And a shit ton of bannings. (wont be surprised if i lose 3 accounts tonight haha

davidd said:
350 AA's on 2 chars in 2 hours lol Thanks much Fry
I do however smell roll back! And a shit ton of bannings. (wont be surprised if i lose 3 accounts tonight haha
Holy Moly! That's pretty nice... I don't even have 350 AAs...

About 2500 total across multiple accounts in roughly 4hrs

wished i would have known about it............that just makes baby jesus cry.

The way this was so widespread and the fact that you didnt even need 3rd party programs, makes me feel that SoE may only issue Rollbacks, if anything.

yeah im sure we will be looking at a 12 hour rollback

just logged in and see no evidence of a rollback....then again, I had no idea about this exploit....so I didn't take advantage of it.

Maybe they only touched the people who messed with it?

looks like rollbacks on a per character basis, some of them as much as 2-3 weeks

If it is then Im safe. Last I used this was a week ago.

Awesome, just log in and no roll back. still have all the aa i earned. Might have been due to the fact i didnt know about this till 3hrs before patch so had no prev history of doing quests. about 1300 bone chips later and 65 aa's later i passed out with a swore wrist lol

so far no roll back so I dont think they doing anything about it for the people who did it.

my toons got rolled back to 10-9-2006 although i didnt take advantage of this exploit. I havent checked yet to see if I lost anything, b ut it will be a bummer if i did loose some AA.

found this on eqlive about it

Raghnell
EQ Producer

Reply 22 of 28

Viewed 246 times

We have no plans to do a rollback but we are currently investigating a solution that will result in selective corrections of the those that exploited this bug.

Sounds like if you got more then20-30 aa from quests exp within the last week you have a good chance to lose your AAs from that.