Desktop brightness jacked after playing EQ.

ou8122

Reaction score
After I play EQ and alt-enter to go into windows mode, when I return to my desktop, the brightness is a LOT higher than it was prior to playing.

I'm using an Nvidia video card with up to date drivers. Does anybody else experience this and know a way to reset the driver or anything like that? Is annoying. Only remedy I know of is to reboot. When I reload EQ, EQ looks fine, but desktop is still overly bright when shelling out (via alt-enter) or when shutting down EQ.

This is just using the standard EQ client + MQ2/MMO Bugs, no WinEQ or anything like that.

Many thanks.

I get the same thing. Although with WinEQ its the other way around (its dark as hell as opposed to light)

From what I can think of it normaly goes away once I get out of EQ and MQ2. I just deal with it while I'm playing eq though.

i get that effect too. My wallpaper gets blured and distorted. I have to reboot to clear it up.

I notice that when EQ is active (in windowed mode, at least), the computer screen around the EQ window looks washed out and faded. However, upon closing EQ it reverts to its normal appearance. I figure it probably has something to do with the brightness option in the EQUI options menu.

If using WinEQ2 then it usually helps me to just turn of WinEQ2 after quitting EQ.
WinEQ2 have an option to lock brightness so EQ doesn't change it, usually get's pretty dark in EQ then.

yeah, i get thsi too...

just lower the brightness setting to the minimum before you exit eq and it will fine after you log out.

My problem is just the opposite. When I log into EQ, and go to windowed mode, my screen gets very dark. Can't adjust the gamma to make it any better either. Did a search on the SOE Knowledge Base, and it says that in windowed mode, you can't adjust the gamma. But, I may need to update my drivers to.

My problem is just the opposite. When I log into EQ, and go to windowed mode, my screen gets very dark. Can't adjust the gamma to make it any better either. Did a search on the SOE Knowledge Base, and it says that in windowed mode, you can't adjust the gamma. But, I may need to update my drivers to.

Just use WinEQ2 Lite, it will allow for gamma adjust in windowed mode.