Crashing with Alt Tab

Silverfoxoliver

Reaction score
Everytime i use alt tab i crash on one of my toons. and when i zone i also crash on atleast 1 toon everytime. i currently just got pc back from the shop. So i have eq fresh installed. however i did move my ui files/config files from my laptop i was using while pc was in shop to this computer. could it be the ui files causing the crash? or anyone know anythign that might work. i already reset all my uis to default and still same issue
any help would be greatly appreciated. im not to pc savvy so bear with me

Everytime i use alt tab i crash on one of my toons. and when i zone i also crash on atleast 1 toon everytime. i currently just got pc back from the shop. So i have eq fresh installed. however i did move my ui files/config files from my laptop i was using while pc was in shop to this computer. could it be the ui files causing the crash? or anyone know anythign that might work. i already reset all my uis to default and still same issue
any help would be greatly appreciated. im not to pc savvy so bear with me

try it with default UI files. Simply move the UI Folder out of the EQ Folder and run the patcher. If the problem persists then you know it isn't the UI.

If not then it could be any number of things causing the issue. You could start by providing a list of plugins that are currently loaded. You can also do
Code:
/plugin list
then start removing them one at a time doing an Alt+Tab or zoning between the removal of each one until it stops happening. Once it stops happening confirm by adding it back in and trying to zone/alt+tab.

Also, if the crash occurs you should get an option to send the report to dev team. Make sure to send it.

Last edited: