Cheap TBM upgrade?

Only thing I can see is if close to 5% of the population bought keys this way and got banned; if its a large enough dent in the amount of people getting hit by the bans, they'll have to revert it or explain to Columbus Nova why their financials are way down this year because people will chargeback, quit playing entirely, or cancel their subs.

The ban stance was really stupid on this , these were keys from Steam, if anything it should be Steam banning the guy not Daybreak.
My thinking exactly - why would Daybreak even know if they were paid for with a bogus card, or a chargeback was made? They wouldn't have been the ones charged - Steam would have been. Unless Steam in turn reversed their payment to Daybreak for the keys somehow it's not DBG's loss.

9 accounts all gone!

If I cant get them back, how easy is it to do full chargebacks on them? I have used the same credit card's ( about 4 different) over the last 10-15 years. can I only charge back so far?

If I am being banned I want to get something out of it!

Burden of proof on chargebacks I've done for other (RL) stuff is ridiculously low.

Looks like the ones I got through PA and used was also hit after ~ 1 week.

4th of July weekend too. The anger and frustration over this is going too be pretty heavy if a reversal or a "keep your customer happy" solution isn't in place swiftly.

when was the last time DBG did something swiftly other than this mass ban?

Not an "I told you so..." because I didn't say anything, but some third party seller of new expansions/account keys, especially at prices far below what DB/Steam charges just did not seem a good idea to me so I never bought any. I had to wonder how are they getting these keys and under-cutting DB while still making profit? I just thought maybe they were hacking into DB and getting it that way as I have no idea how this crap is done. But I did know buying into this is not "cheating smarter". It's saving a few bucks and linking your account to something that cost a lot of $$$ loss to DB.

Seriously, $1.40 for a new expansion versus $30ish(?) from DB themselves. I might "cheat" while playing Everquest, but I don't steal. You guys didn't actually steal the goods, but this was like paying $15 for a $3000 TV out of the back of someones truck you met on the streets.

Good luck to you all, I really hope you do get your actual accounts that you've spent years playing back. I know I would hate to lose mine. Although when I came back not even a year ago, I started a completely new set of characters (same old accounts, new characters), although I did have a ton of plats to gig them out. Now all max level max aa x13. Just saying it's not really that hard to get back in the game. I understand you guys might feel DB did something against you and maybe even take that personally, but from DB's viewpoint, the people you bought those keys from stole from them.

Actually, the people who sold the keys stole from Steam. Not DBG. DBG sold/sells the keys to Steam and these guys used some sort of bot, macro or bogus card to buy them and then resell them on PA.

So no, DBG hasn't really been hurt by this.

And yes, your post is a big long I told you so, I knew better than you post. Thank you for stating the obvious. Guess you're just better than the rest of us who were taken in by a scam. Feel all warm and fuzzy now that you told us how much smarter you were?

Steam/DBG, it's a DBG product. I doubt you buy keys FROM Steam, you buy it through Steam. ITS not like Steam buys a bunch of DBG keys and tries to sell it, more like just another place for DBG to sell their stuff . Ever notice when they restock some stuff at stores and it's not store eployees restocking it, but people of the actual.manufacturer. Steam is just another shelf for DBG to put their product on.

Regardless, good luck. With how widespread it is, I'm thinking they are going to unban you all.

Charge backs- how to

9 accounts all gone!

If I cant get them back, how easy is it to do full chargebacks on them? I have used the same credit card's ( about 4 different) over the last 10-15 years. can I only charge back so far?

Call your credit card company and file a complaint, basically requesting a payment reversal. Tell them you did not get the services you paid for.

Woohoo!!!
Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name: xxxxxxxx has been issued a warning due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:

On Thursday, June 30th, Daybreak Games identified and suspended a number of accounts across EverQuest, EverQuest 2, PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online. These accounts had redeemed content via keys sold on third-party key selling sites. Those keys had been invalidated due to credit card chargebacks, which is often indicative of fraudulent purchases. Players should always beware of keys sold outside of Daybreak Games or our official affiliate partners like Steam.

Daybreak understands that some players may not have known that they were purchasing invalid keys. We will be reversing the suspensions through the holiday weekend so players can continue to play and enjoy our titles. However, we want to emphasize that players should be wary of any game keys purchased from sellers other than Daybreak or Steam, as those keys may not be valid, and we cannot provide any refunds for keys that were purchased from third-party sites.

We do not take situations like this lightly and are informing you that future incidences could result in further action against you, up to and including permanent account ban. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

9 accounts all gone!

Call your credit card company and file a complaint, basically requesting a payment reversal. Tell them you did not get the services you paid for.

Helping someone commit fraud is a felony :)

Especially fraud of a financial institution... You go messing with banks and the secret service gets involved... It's ugly...