Can't see guild tag

Nakedrogue

Reaction score
hi guys, as of updating on 3/24/16 now all of a sudden I can't see any guild tags including my own, not sure if it is a MQ2 thing or just some eq thing but I can't seem to figure out which or what it is. any help would be great, thanks =)

i use the /shownames option each night before and after raids, have it set to
/shownames 4 which is show everything, still only seeing first and last name and no tag. (

If you don't have MQ2 loaded, does the guild tag show?

good question! just logged all toons out and jumped one back in with no mq running, seeing tags just fine with no MQ2. but I can't seem to find any setting or anything in it to change that, had also always wondered how to make Prefix titles visable again too with mq running but that one wasn't such a big deal.

good question! just logged all toons out and jumped one back in with no mq running, seeing tags just fine with no MQ2. but I can't seem to find any setting or anything in it to change that, had also always wondered how to make Prefix titles visable again too with mq running but that one wasn't such a big deal.
Caption - MacroQuest Wiki

oodyn

Im having the same issue and i dont see how he deducted a fix out of the chat context. can someone fill me in on why im not seeing guild tag?. today is my first day back since july.

${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}

I am guessing this is the part of the caption script that should be displaying guild status and guild name. But the game does not show guild status or guild name unless that character is Officer or Leader status. The game shows no guild name at all for any other rankings like Applicants, standard Members, or Senior Members. Looks as if the player is not guilded at all.

You can do the command "/caption player4" to return EQ's "/showname 4" defaults. But then you get none of MQ's extra info like Group LDR status.

Just replace MQ2Caption section in your macroquest.ini file with this below
Code:
[Captions]
MQCaptions=1
Update=35
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),

${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),

${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If

[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),

${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If

[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},

${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus} of ,]}${NamingSpawn.Guild}>,]}
Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AARank},${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ,]}${If

[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If

[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Length},${If[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Left[1].Equal[,]},, ]},]}${NamingSpawn.Suffix}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, 

LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},

;Player5=
;Player6=
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - 

${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length},\n(${NamingSpawn.Surname}),]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - 

${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},\n(${NamingSpawn.Master}),]}

Just replace MQ2Caption section in your macroquest.ini file with this below
Code:
[Captions]
MQCaptions=1
Update=35
Player1=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),

${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player2=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),

[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}
Player3=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),

[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},

Player4=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Trader},Trader ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.AARank},${NamingSpawn.AATitle} ,]}${If

[${NamingSpawn.Invis},(${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}),${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length}, ${NamingSpawn.Surname},]}${If

[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Length},${If[${NamingSpawn.Suffix.Left[1].Equal[,]},, ]},]}${NamingSpawn.Suffix}${If[${NamingSpawn.AFK}, AFK,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Linkdead}, 

LD,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.LFG}, LFG,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.GroupLeader}, LDR,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Guild.Length},\n<${If[${NamingSpawn.GuildStatus.NotEqual[member]},

;Player5=
;Player6=
NPC=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - 

${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Surname.Length},\n(${NamingSpawn.Surname}),]}
Corpse=${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}'s corpse
Pet=${If[${NamingSpawn.Mark},${NamingSpawn.Mark} - ,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist},>> ,]}${NamingSpawn.DisplayName}${If[${NamingSpawn.Assist}, - 

${NamingSpawn.PctHPs}%<<,]}${If[${NamingSpawn.Master.Type.Equal[PC]},\n(${NamingSpawn.Master}),]}

Ive done that, and it seems that my guild tag is the only one not showing now....

The update fixed it even though the player4 caption code didn't change. Thanks for looking into it.