Mage Rod / Orb Assistance Needed

ColdSimon

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been using MQ2 for about a month and greatly enjoy it for assistance with alts.

There is 1 issue I'm running into that I could not find an answer to that I'm hoping someone can assist me with.

How can I make it so that my mage stops casting Mass Ethereal Transvergence in gem 1? Even when not memorized.
How can I make it so that my mage starts casting Summon Molten Komatiite Orb in gem 1? Even when not memorized.

https://www.mmobugs.com/forums/index.php?threads/mq2bot-common-problems-and-answers.34182/ has helped greatly but I could not find the answer.

My mage is casting a spell that I do not want him to (Mass Ethereal Transvergence), and he is also not casting a spell that I would like him to (Summon Molten Komatiite Orb).

I know that normally, the solution would be - don't mem the spell. However, it is one that my mage mems on his own when /bot is turned on.

Added pictures below for assistance.

[2021/03/11 16:39:42] [CheckMana:10939] - Modrod available #23 (Summoned: Radiant Modulation Shard).
[2021/03/11 16:39:42] [CheckMana:10939] - Modrod available #17 (Wand of Restless Modulation).
[2021/03/11 16:39:42] [CheckMana:10939] - Modrod available #8 (Rod of Ethereal Transvergence).

[MQ2Bot]
Debugging=1
BotVersion=20210311.0005
BotCommandsOn=
BotCommandsOff=
AlwaysCheckAdds=0
RestrictedZones=,344,202,151,345,
BuffPassword=NULL
AuthorizedUsers=|guild|group|netbots|
CycleDelay=3
DefaultGem=1
AnnounceEcho=1
AnnounceEQBC=0
AnnounceAdds=1
AnnounceMezBreaks=1
AutoInvisDistance=0
AssistAt=100
AssistRange=100
UseManualAssist=0
AssistName=
MercAssistAt=100
MercAssistRange=0
MeleeAt=0
MeleeDistance=40
DoPetSwarm=1
PetAttackAt=100
PetAttackRange=60
RepositionIfSummoned=1
MedStartAt=10
MedStopAt=100
MedToFull=1
MedDuringCombat=1
EndMedStartAt=0
EndMedStopAt=0
EndMedToFull=0
MinManaToNuke=5
NukeToTAt=80
ManaToSummon=100
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1
AACutoffTime=10
AAStopAt=25
AggroAt=70
AutofireAt=0
AutofireDistance=100
DebuffAdds=0
DebuffAt=100
DebuffStopAt=10
DebuffAEAmount=3
DotAt=99
DotStopAt=10
FaceAngle=360
FadeAt=20
GrabAdds=0
GrabPrimary=0
InterruptToHealAt=0
HealAt=80
HealToTAt=80
HealSelfAt=80
HealDelayedAt=95
HealDurationAt=95
HealGroupAt=80
HealPetAt=80
ImHitAt=50
JoltAt=70
KnockbackAdds=0
KnockbackPrimary=0
LifetapAt=80
LootInCombat=0
LootRadius=0
ManaAt=80
NukeAt=99
RezRadius=100
RootAdds=15
RootPrimary=0
SnareAt=10
SwarmAt=99
UseAutoFire=0
UseAENukes=1
UseAura=1
UseClickyBuffs=1
UseClickyNukes=1
DebuffsSpellFirst=0
UseFightBuffs=1
UseMainTankBuffs=1
UseManaInCombat=1
UseManaOnOthers=1
UseMez=1
UsePet=1
PetReagentCheck=1
PetIllusionItem=NULL
CustomPetSpell=NULL
UsePetBuffs=1
StandOnPetAttack=0
UseSelfBuffs=1
AutoFollowLeader=0
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer
UseNetBots=0
NetBotsName=NULL
DoDebug=0
PullingDistance=0
PullingMaxZ=30
PullingLOS=1
DoPulls=0
PullSkillName=
AnnounceBehaviorChange=0
AttackCommand=/killthis
DSClasses=|WAR|MNK|ROG|BER|CLR|DRU|SHM|RNG|BST|PAL|SHD|BRD|ENC|MAG|NEC|WIZ|
SafetyInvisOnWarp=0
SafetyCommandOnTell=
SafetyCommandOnGM=
SafetyCommandOnMyWarp=
SafetyCommandOnOthersWarp=
SafetyCommandOnTooFarFromCamp=
PulseCycle=100
PullingFilter=1
MinPetsOfMany=5
IgnoreTheseSkills=
LootWithAdds=0
MaxNavPathDistance=0
PullSkillRange=0

1615504522410.png
1615504138976.png

1615503579345.png

1615504061779.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1615504086370.png
    1615504086370.png
    445.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1615504107296.png
    1615504107296.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
Change these to 0 should solve your modrod issue

Code:
SummonModRods=1
UseModRods=1

Could you tell me what "Summon Molten Komatiite Orb" is an upgrade for? I see code for "Firebound Orb III" and "Blazing Orb", is it an upgrade for that?

I don't believe code is added to handle Summon Molten Komatiite Orb yet.

Thank you for the reply.

I tried Code:
SummonModRods=0
UseModRods=0

This does stop the bot from casting Mass Ethereal Transvergence which is great, however, it also stops the bot from casting Summon Modulation Shard AA ID: 596 and Spell: Wand of Frozen Modulation Rk. III which I would still like to be casted for mage. Is there a way to just remove the 1 rod?

Yes, "Summon Molten Komatiite Orb" (level 114) is the newest upgrade spell for the "Firebound Orb" (level 102) and "Blazing Orb" (level 94) line. It would be great for /bot to check and create it when ever it is depleted like the mod rods.

I have updated MQ2Bot with Molten Komatiite Orb. Let me know if it works.

Here are how to disable individual modrods in your ini

Code:
ModRodSelfIf=0
ModRodMassIf=0
ModRodAltIf=0

1=on
2=off

You'll just want the Mass one I believe and leave the other two on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marnan
Code:
ModRodSelfIf=1
ModRodMassIf=0
ModRodAltIf=1

This worked PERFECTLY! It's exactly what I've been needing. Thank you!!!

I didn't notice any change in the Orb. I did not have it memorized hoping that he would add it to slot 1 and cast but no luck. I turned bot off, memorized spell in slot 11 and turned it back on. Bot still did not cast it. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help the progress.

If you have Firebound Orb or Blazing Orb spells memorized, does it pick either of them up as a spell to use when you start the bot and does it cast them? If so, under what heading is it listed.

Could you also confirm if you have a Molten Komatiite Orb already summoned, will it click it during downtime?

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response. I've been testing a few different things and it's getting pretty complicated.

Rod: Works perfectly if I do not have any mod rods in my inventory. If I have Summon Modulation Shard AA ID: 596 and Spell: Wand of Frozen Modulation Rk. III in my inventory when bot starts, he creates the unwanted Spell: Mass Ethereal Transvergence. Not a huge deal, I'll just make sure to delete rods before I turn bot on, just thought I'd mention it.

If you have Firebound Orb or Blazing Orb spells memorized, does it pick either of them up as a spell to use when you start the bot and does it cast them?
No

Could you also confirm if you have a Molten Komatiite Orb already summoned, will it click it during downtime?
It will not click during down time. Only when an enemy NPC is engaged. It is attacking PC and not NPC though.

Orbs: Both the "Summon Molten Komatiite Orb" (level 114) and the "Firebound Orb" (level 102) seem to be set up incorrectly. They both are working like Mod Rods and are targeting self instead of NPC. Bot does not create either orb, but it recognizes them in inventory and uses against player.

1615632097401.png

1615632116262.png

I tried:

Code:
Clicky0=Molten Komatiite Orb

That seemed to only make it worse and mage would click on self when ever it was available so I removed it.

I did notice a new issue with mage bot. Not sure if I should make a new post or add it here.

If there are swarm pets from mage/shaman/necro (Host of Elements and Riotous Servant for mage) they will automatically attack an enemy NPC when pulled to the group which is great. However, when 2 enemy NPCs are pulled, the bot will send pet/swarm on 1st enemy, but once that's dead, it only sends pet on 2nd enemy and the swarm just sits there unless I manually click /pet swarm button. Any way to fix that for my swarm crew?

I'm so sorry for being so difficult. I can manage the way that it is currently set up, I was just hoping to maximize the damage output for my group and all users out there.

Thank you for your time.

Not at all, your observations and details are greatly appreciated. I'll take a look as soon as I can, and get back to you.

htw