bat file to run multiple EQ

wunaye

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm trying to make a bat file so it opens up 4 everquest games. I use autologin so it will auto login my characters.

My current attempt at making the bat file has it starting up 2 or 3 but not all and not a consistent 2 or 3, it's random. I added a delay in it to see if that would help but it hasn't really.

Here is what I'm using:

Code:
@start D:\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe
timeout 20 /nobreak
timeout 20 /nobreak
timeout 20 /nobreak

Nevermind. It seems using call instead of @start fixes my problem!

Damn it! It worked the first time now it's back to starting 2 or 3.

Im using mq2autologin, enable it then edit the ma2autologin.ini file to set it up. Let me know if you need help with it.

Just a little confused... Doesnt EQLaunch already do this for you? or are you trying to avoid downloading Wineq?

Isboxer also does this. Its super cheap and you can use wineq or interspace I highly recommend it

EQLaunch

Plugin Mq2Autologin and configure eqlauncher to launch however many sessions you want for free. There's a logon ini to put in station name and character to log in. My only complaint about this is if you have a crash and only need to login just 1 you have to bypass eqlaunch or disable it to get the 1 character back in game.

Plugin Mq2Autologin and configure eqlauncher to launch however many sessions you want for free. There's a logon ini to put in station name and character to log in. My only complaint about this is if you have a crash and only need to login just 1 you have to bypass eqlaunch or disable it to get the 1 character back in game.

ISBoxer + MQ2AutoLogin = Single shortcut even if one crashes.

I can run anywhere from 3-5 toons at a time. If one crashes, I just hit the shortcut for that character set, and it logs in only the ones that are not currently logged in.

This is my .bat file contents for loading 5x EQs with MQ2AutoLogin (I don't use EQLaunch or ISBoxer)

Code:
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\EverQuest\" eqgame.exe patchme
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16

Just tried it twice and it worked both times so hopefully it continues to work!

Thanks heaps!

This is my .bat file contents for loading 5x EQs with MQ2AutoLogin (I don't use EQLaunch or ISBoxer)

Code:
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16
PING 127.0.0.1 -n 16

What does the -n 16 do? not a command line person but learn when I see something interesting

Yeah it's basically a 16 second delay but only needed on older systems like XP since vista onwards came with a command called timeout.

Specifically, with ping -n provides a number of times to ping the target address. Ping on windows defaults to sending 1 ping per second. Thus, pinging 127.0.0.1 (your own machine) 16 times will stay on that operation for approximately 16 seconds before moving to the next command.

edit: doh, 3 day old post. whoops~