/Announce

Pepper

Just Some Noob
Reaction score
This isnt really a cheating question at all more so a general EQ question.

anyone know if its possible to have /announce to where you can set it on by default just by loging into eq? Maybe changing a INI seting somewhere?

Ive looked and dont see crap myself but maybe someone else will know if can or not. So annoying to have to type /ann everytime i get in eq.

just said announcing is now on

I then turned it off again

well thats no fun man :(

Its nothing really. If your not in chat channels you cant see it.

All it does is tells you when someone joins or leaves a chat channel your in.

something like this

*Pepper has joined MMOBUGS, 1
*Pepper has left MMOBUGS, 1

Ya supposedly but I'm still trying to figure out how it's done, there's a way to auto execute commands on mq2 startup tho

I thought the command was /auto announce or somthing along that line. I remember when it came out I had it on always but turned it off cause it got annoying. Did you try a /help normal ?

/auto will toggle the sharing of coins when looting corpses.... IIRC it doesn't matter what follow it only toggles that 1 property.

Made a quick plugin for ya Pepper. At work so cant compile it. Booges if you find out how to do commands on startup let me know plz been searching for it myself.

Code:
#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"

PreSetup("MQ2Announce");

// Called once, when the plugin is to initialize
PLUGIN_API VOID InitializePlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Initializing MQ2Announce");
}

// Called once, when the plugin is to shutdown
PLUGIN_API VOID ShutdownPlugin(VOID)
{
   DebugSpewAlways("Shutting down MQ2Announce");
}

// Called once directly after initialization, and then every time the gamestate changes
PLUGIN_API VOID SetGameState(DWORD GameState)
{
   if (GameState==GAMESTATE_INGAME) 
{
   PCHARINFO pCharInfo = GetCharInfo(); 
   DoCommand(GetCharInfo()->pSpawn,"/announce on"); 
}
}

oh!

Thanks Rusty. Will give it a shot tomorrow. Slacked on coming to the forums tonight till after raids hehe.

Gets a thumbs up. Works great.

1 suggestion though.

Is it possible to have this check gamestate only 1 time? At start up of eq rather than spam "announcing on" everytime you zone. Since announcing stays on till you log off or switch toons, this would reduce some spam if thats possible.

Found it

Code:
autoexec.cfg - Executed on the first pulse (when you reach character select, or when you are in game) 
charselect.cfg - Executed when you reach character select 
zoned.cfg - Executed after you finish zoning, but right before the map-specific config is executed 
<server>_<character>.CFG - Executed when this character enters the world 
<mapshortname>.CFG - Executed when you zone into this zone 
<pluginname>-AutoExec.CFG - Executed when this plugin is loaded (after its initialization is complete) 

Examples of file names: 
tallon_lordsoth.cfg - character 
oot.cfg, soldungb.cfg, soldunga.cfg, take.cfg - maps 
MQ2Map-AutoExec.CFG, MQ2ChatWnd-AutoExec.CFG - plugins

So if you wanted, make a file <server>_<char>.cfg:

/delay 5s
/announce on

YOu can either put this file in your Release folder, or you can make a folder called Configs and put all your cfg's into there, whichever.

Booges said:
YOu can either put this file in your Release folder, or you can make a folder called Configs and put all your cfg's into there, whichever.

does the "Configs" folder go in the release folder? Im assuming so

would this work for the Defaultsetting=On for the /docracks?

this way it wouldnt spam /echo every time you zone??

Awesome thanks booges thats two plugins i can get rid of :) . For those that are having trouble like me making a cgf file. You can do a search for .cgf in your everquest folder copy the file and rename it. This is my server_charname.cgf edited.

/delay 5s
/announce on
/delay 1s
/join mychannel
/delay 1s
/bind INSTANT_CAMP shift+c
/delay 1s
/docrack noencumber on
/delay 1s
/bccmd connect
/delay 1s
/if (${Spawn[pc mybot].ID}) /invite mybot
/delay 1s
/macro clickies

Yes Pepper, Confis folder goes inside the Release folder or where your mq2.exe is at.

As a side note on "Zoned.cfg" if you put a delay in this cfg it won't process, but the commands will, HOWEVER, if you are running a macro, everytime you zone your macro will pause for the duration of the delay.

I had a 15delay in my zoned.cfg and it took me 2 weeks to realize it was affecting my macros.

kick ass. i'v been trying to find something like this for a long time. someone gave me a tip tho on another way. something along the lines of make a file called autoexec in mq folder. and have to type stuff u want it to load up. sometimes it works, sometimes it don't but this works real nice.

fathead said:
would this work for the Defaultsetting=On for the /docracks?

this way it wouldnt spam /echo every time you zone??

You could... if you want to do that, don't use DefaultSetting="on" for any of your docracks, and put the commands in autoexec.cfg. Also you can use the MQ2 /squelch command if you want, i.e., instead of:
/docrack noencumber on
use:
/squelch /docrack noencumber on