AFK Vxed Bard Macro

Interesting New Problem

Hi guys-

First off let me say a BIG kudos on the original vxed macro. I have been running it flawlessly for 2 months.

In the last 2 days, a new problem/occurence has surfaced for me twice out of nowhere...I have changed NOTHING in the last 2 months regarding how I run this macro. Somehow after kiting for several hours, the macro has twice targeted a venomous stonemite a bit outside of the room.

The first time this happened, I got caught in an endless loop of running in a circle with the stonemite caught outside the room on a wall (but aggroed)...just sat there running in a circle for a couple of hours not actually engaging the stonemite or targeting other MoBs like it should which had respawned in the room. The second time, it actually got the stonemite into the room, the macro engaged it, I got summoned several times and eventually it succored me to the zone entrance with 14% health (I have 14k HPs).

Has anyone else had this happen with a venomous stonemite?

This is really, really strange because I have run this macro for literally hundreds of hours and never seen this happen. Now two days...two occurences.

Thanks

it is possible you are killing them faster then they spawn and when only 1 is left it runs and agroes mobs down the hall. Stonemites are not always in the hall alot of times it is hynids or pookas. what I do is use my lvl 60's dots instead of the lvl 76-80 works good that way no problems.

I bet you a right

You know what...I bet you are dead on correct! I have all my rk. II DoTs now...I'll run 1 rk. II and the rest 65-70 DoTs.

Thanks.

I twist 4 dots and if I even use 1 above my 60's it still does it every once in a while. I don't have any rkII spells.

mitrestre is 100% correct. I havnt had a bard in a while but its around lvl 60 if you used just those your fine, but if you got a good drum and all the crit aa and such it can sometimes still peak dmg and kill to fast.

can anyone post their working vxed macro I could download? still having problems with "your toon name here is not a member of this expedition" when no one is in zone.

you started the mac in barindu?

Here is a slightly modified version of the macro that allows for people without a ninth spell slot to use it, it also auto loads your speed and will not target things outside of the room. It will camp you if you die (so as to be able to get a rez when you come back) and quick warp to succor point before fading you out ( /succor takes a second before your character actually dissapears which is a lot of damage from 1k hitting mobs )

All credit still goes to original creators this is just what works for me and have let it run for over a week straight on the 76-80 DoTs and no potions with no problems at all. I am only just starting to dabble in writing / editing so let me know if it works for you and if there is anything i can try to help you fix.

Attachments

• vxed.mac
    5.6 KB · Views: 37
that mac was really buggy, and errored so I'm going to stick with smarty's mac, but I keep getting the YOURTOONNAMEHERE is not a member of this expedition. (in red coloring) and the character is succor'd to ent. I have no one else in zone and everything else works perfectly, I haven't tried any method of fixing this if you have a sure solution for it smarty it would be alot of help

ya will take a look at it, just dont have a bard anymore so little harder to work hehe

Naw on my end everything works more or less but i cant test everything without a bard.

If someone trust me enough to shoot me some infoz to a bad i can test it 100%.

I've found out what it is I'm pretty sure Smarty, everytime #misguided_beludu_Creque00 named spawns in zone it does this, so sometimes it happens fast others take many hours to spawn him

anyone know how to change the script from succoring out when misguided beludu creque spawns into just changing targets and continuing to run the mac? I'm not killing fast enough to where it's the only mob left in area.

Great macro

Awesome work Smarty. Usually works great and have run for about 7 hours at a time with no deaths (pretty gimp bard), and usually the death is due to lag anyway...

Just wondering if anyone else has the problem where once you go to GL it doesn't quit out or end the macro... It just runs around the lobby looking suspicious as all hell??

Once I even came back to find my bard running around ABOVE the guild lobby trying to find a target... Hopefully that one didn't get seen by too many ppl >.<

Last time i ran it with someones bard it went fine on targeting, and it stopped when i zoned into pok on death, GRANTED i stopped the running with my keyboard by hitting back arrow. if anyone wants more work on it i need a bard again.

Yeah I think when I tried to kill my self it worked but then after 3 other times of it failing by its self each time it has had me running round up in the air above GL. lol...

Was trying to figure out a way to use events to maybe hit the Deftdance Disc, or a defensive AA when a mob spawned… Could not manage it though as kept spamming the button…

Tried chucking in an event like

#event Spawn "#*#ambers towards you#*#" (The spawn message of the mob)

And then having something like

Sub Spawn
/keypress 3 (Had the Deft dance disc bound to that key)
/doevents
/return

Anyone know a way to get it to use a Disc via an event?

Figure that if I could do the same for the 10 minute refresh AA that increases HP etc then when the new mob spawns (which is the likely point you will get hit) that you will be at optimal HP and defence when you get hit...

Deft dance only refreshes every hour but might give poor old gimpy and extra chance of surviving that 1/10 times.

That is the only time you get hit, when a mob spawns as you happen to run by. but mac should hit a heal pot pretty quick unless you got like 5k hp then chances are you are dead anyways.

Actually I have about 8K unbuffed, have the 6 ranks of boath Def AAs and have about 1.5K AC...

I even load nostun2 and nopushmelee...

So really it should be able to take a few hits but I still seem to die within about 2-6 hours of it running. although I have had it run for about 8 hours before with no problems. So it is just luck really...

Might just level to 69 or 70 so I can get some more HP and actually survive lol