12 boxing.

sasuke-kun

Premium Member
Reaction score
So I started up a second box group. And very quickly realized that with 1 laptop running 12 toon's is chaotic and unorganized.

I use either WINEQ2 or innerspace (depending on how many times innerspace crashes).

I was curious as to how people stay organized or efficiently load up their toons. 12 station names is a pita to enter everytime especially if i have to identify which one crashed lol.

I've never had success in setting up mq2autologin I suspect that would help.

Somewhat tempted to add another monitor so I can split 6 toons to one screen and 6 toons to another screen.

Just trying to get some feedback it's doable right now but I feel like what I'm doing is just terribly inefficient.

thanks in advance to any suggestions or help.

I echo the poster above. MQ2autologin is amazing. I wouldn't even hassle with 12 boxing without it.

I will 2nd (3rd?/4th?) what has been posted above. Take the time get to WinEQ2/ISBoxer and MQ2AutoLogin working. Key things I rely on.

#1. Set the window title of each instance to the name of the character.

#2. Keep the order you get them logged in the same each time.

#3. Get your scripts for each character working to the point where you don't have to interact with them.

#4. Use a 2nd machine and run half the team there an use something like Input Director - Software KVM to Control Multiple Computers to seamlessly switch keyboard/mouse inputs between machines.

I got mq2autologin setup it helps ALOT. I do plan on getting a second computer.

I'm thinking about going desktop, it's either that or ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K Gaming Laptop 6th Generation Intel Core i7 6820HK (2.70 GHz) 64 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 512 GB (PCIEG3x4) SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8 GB GDDR5 17.3" Windows 10 Home 64-Bit - Newegg.com

which is the bigger brother to what I'm currently using?

Just not sure if I want the extra expense of a monitor / keyboard and speakers if I go desktop.

greatly appreciate the feedback thank you guys.

I run 13 accounts on one 17" laptop with a second 17" screen just above the laptops screen. I have the account on my laptop screen (warrior) pretty much maxed out for quality and the rest toned down a bit, but still pretty nice looking and everything works smoothly. Although no idea how it'd work in a raid. The laptop is just this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T7EXKLG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 upgraded to 32gb of ram.

I use to run 16 accounts each with it's own computer and monitor. I don't ever want to go near that again. I like the simplicity of what I have now a lot better and it works great. My laptop screen only has my warrior on it, which I usually play myself unless I afk camp something. My second monitor has 12 accounts on it with little windows for each account on the bottom and a big window for the account currently chosen above. My bard is a floater window, my enchanter is far left, then my #1cleric, #2cleric, shaman, mage, #1wizard dead center, #2wizard, #3wizard, rogue, ranger and the far right is my paladin. They always load this way with autologin/isboxer.

My bard's HME window is bright orange, so I can easily pick him out from where he is on the tiny windows or I can just double click any window and he'll be in the big control window. My #1 wizard's HME is blue, so I know where dead center is visually and that my mage is just left of that if I need to manually CoTH.

I have a crap ton of hotkeys for my warrior. Some of which is just to control him and some is to issue eqbc commads as well as custom macro commands to the rest of my accounts. I have 1 whole hotkey set for all bots and one for just bots grouped to my warrior since sometimes I run one team in a completely separate camp. Honestly I see no need for a second computer if have all other accounts always running a macro/plugin. I just play my warrior and issue commands to the rest from my warrior's screen.