GM's reading group chats

Matthinson

Reaction score
I know all the stuff gets filtered through there server, butt... i was talking to someone in group earlier just me and him in /group and we been sitting in an instance for 4 hrs doing nothing... and i was talking about MQ stuff... And i just had a GM pop on my face, illusion and just start running around circles in the room.... he didn't say anything. just ran in circles.....Are they really starting to crack down on people saying MQ??? lol

I know all the stuff gets filtered through there server, butt... i was talking to someone in group earlier just me and him in /group and we been sitting in an instance for 4 hrs doing nothing... and i was talking about MQ stuff... And i just had a GM pop on my face, illusion and just start running around circles in the room.... he didn't say anything. just ran in circles.....Are they really starting to crack down on people saying MQ??? lol

That would seem extreme if they are doing that...

The initials MQ are often used in place of Multi Quest and many people in my guild use mq when talking about hot key macros. I doubt Sony could do much even if you stood in the middle of PoK and shouted and ooc'd that you use MacroQuest. It's just talking. It would seem they need some sort of proof you are cheating before they could do anything.

Most likely, he could have been curious why two people were sitting in an instance doing nothing for 4 hours...

or he was trying to train you , don't even know why a gm would become visible if you was watching you

More then likely one of you had an open petition against you or for you.

As for reading chat, yes they can emulate your screen so they see what you can see.

Being why its recommended to not talk about it in game.

I try not to use MQ related stuff in chat , I prefer to use ventrilo (voice chat)

2 options if cant or wont vent

1) say f em if they need help they need to get vent up and running

2) break up words or use other words MQ= stuff Mojo, juice
plugin = PL ug in etc etc (rather not even have to do this but have at times)

i refer to it as our helper and never say plugin or MQ in any form

My assumption is you had an open petition and he was popping in on you. If he didn't say anything to you it could have been a guide as well..

The real question is why he'd run around the room in circles like a lunatic...

anyone ever accidentally mistyped an MQ2 command (forgot the / or something) and let it slip to your group,guild or even worse general?

When I first started using mq2 i was with another compile site, and as far as I knew there was never anything preloaded, so you had to load each plugin by typing it and I let one slip to group.

Now with mmo its all loaded, plus i have hot buttons , but I used to always be scared In would do it again by mistake

we are mostly humans so we all make a mistake once in a while

petiton

no active petitions from me. It would be either someone has one against me, or he was just bored. and that could be the possibility but me and my friend thought it was weird tho like 5 mins after us talking about mq, setting up some holyshits and downshits in group and he pops RIGHT on my face. lol. he just sat back watching us and ran around and watched us more.. then poofed

/gate

Haha

I did /gate in Guild chat back in the day... I deftly did "You are looking for a potion of major translocation" in GU right after that... /save

i have my default channel going to a chat channel that only i join .... that way if i forget the / it just goes into that channel

i refer to it as our helper and never say plugin or MQ in any form

HAHA Public and I used to refer to it as pizza when we talked in guild chat.

We used to call it cake years ago. Plugins were frosting~

The running in circles thing was probably to see if you tried auto-targetting/following/attacking him or something goofy.