Zippzipp's Funland - Beta

Why doesn't his macro work there?

The emu build of MQ2 is missing some functionality that his bot requires. I could be wrong here, I'm working 65+ hour weeks and haven't been able to log in all that much recently.

Do you have to have the UF client or is titanium enough? I have a copy of titanium on my pc but not UF.

titanium works but isn't well supported, especially if you plan to use MQ2. Your best bet is to use the UF client.

From experience you can use titanium, but a lot of MQ2 won't work.

Now, the steam F2P is the UF or the RoF client? I've been trying to figure out why I can't get MQ2 to work while playing, since i normally dont have this type of issue lol.

Steam's Free to play is Rain of Fear. MMOBugs does not yet have a compile for that version of emu.

Perfect, thanks Zipp. Time to look for a UF version so I can get my MQ back up and going lol.

Going to be looking for help/group for Fennin, Coirnav, Xeg.. and events in PoEarth.. hopefully someone can help me knock em down over the next few days. Been having lots of fun on the server

My Feedback

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinions and feedback of the server. Even if my opinions or feedback is based off my own stupidity it is there of my own.

Let's start off with the good.
  1. Server Up Time - I haven't seen the server go down once yet.
  2. Resting - The implementation of not having to rest/med is awesome. Sit for a few seconds and you are good to go.
  3. Bot Concept - Don't have to pay, can get your own small team together quick and easy. Makes checking out content nice and easy.
  4. Buff Bot, Custom Epic Quest (easy/fun), Translocator - All good, cost some time or plat.
  5. Actually, oddly enough, a very friendly community. Becoming more populated and active as well.
  6. Encourages MQ2, I don't have to hide my macro fuckups and shit. Warp and piggyzone work.
  7. Increase Exp/Loot/Mob spawn rates. Don't have to worry about walking into your favorite old school zone and not finding your favorite dragon up, he'll be up.

Now some of my bad:
  1. Bots - I hate these mother fuckers when I'm trying to do something serious. They have particular bugs that you slowly learn over time. An example: if you get raid buffs, your buff slots become 100% filled, yet your dumb ass shaman bot wants to cast regeneration on you over and over and over and over until he runs out of mana, then he meds enough for 1 regeneration and casts it (rinse repeat) until one of your buff slots become available. Fix: remove some pointless buffs from yourself.
  2. Bots - No idea how they're trying to heal shit. My cleric bot tries to cast complete heal on me at 95% health when I've lost 5% health over 30 seconds. I've tried different stances, none seem to have an effect.
  3. Bots - Gearing these guys up is pretty annoying. I enjoy gearing my own self up, but not trying to keep track of what my bot has and it's upgrades are or should be etc.
  4. Spells - In general, beyond 50 spells are annoying. Since you don't have the spell scribe anymore you are forced to farm your spells (this might be the point of the server, which is ok, I just hate it).
  5. Bot Spells - No idea how these guys ever get upgraded spells, my mage bot uses the same ol shit from level 49.
  6. Bots - Too many commands to keep track of and not enough documentation to go with it. I feel like if there were a wiki page to spell out common scenarios for usages would be nice. I mean like I've tried to setup a healing rotation before but not even sure it ever worked. No idea why there is group options for bots, is this suppose to fit into a raid of some sort?

An example - #bot resurrectme states something like the bot can rez you. When in fact the bot can never rez you because when you die he dies (even if nothing is attacking him). However, the command is very useful for forcing the cleric to rez the targeted corpse, but the documentation doesn't specify that very well.

Aside from the bot stuff I listed above I really like the server. Here is a list of what I would consider be nice to haves:

1. Spells for 50+ without farming.
2. Standard Bot Gear Sets. Instead of pimping out my bot with the most epic gear maybe choose to purchase a par set of gear from a merchant, but I don't have to bother with "Is this an upgrade for my Bot?" and just know he is not the best geared but he isn't naked etc?

Conclusion:
Awesome server, for folks who want to solo/group/box/raid it will all work out. If anyone needs the assistance of 24 mages let me know.

Thanks Zipp!

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Bot

Also, spells, are easy. Kill progression mobs and they flow like candy. Doing the earth ring, you'll see literally 40 runes drop. Maybe 100. Spells aren't really an issue as a whole.

The only complaint I have as an SK is my lvl 65 pet is a lvl 46 necro pet. That is crafted. Needless to say, i'm not getting my 65 pet.

Glad to hear that the Spells can be easy. But the wiki link provided is literally just as bad as the in game descriptions :)

Stuck at a point where I can no longer progress.

Due to the lagging / mob stuck at set percentage I can not kill Vulak.

Every time I have tried, even with help from other players I just lag out to the point where the game D/C's me.

This is no doubt due to my location in Australia, nothing I can do to change this.

Hey Yoda sorry I got lagged out also (Tunex) When I died he was around 40% and I just sat at the rez screen till I eventually had to end task. When I came back I logged in right under Vulak. Ill be on again tomorrow. Hopefully the lag will be better.

Yoda, he's dead and you're still in zone. I think that means you got the flag. Zipp has some stuff planned hopefully in a few days we'll see a nice update that will help the lag a bit.

Thanks for the flag Rob, yeah I did get them. Not really the most ideal way to get the flag (stand at zone-in and let someone else kill it)

Hopefully the updates will sort it out.

I was thinking about it this afternoon and was wondering if it had something todo with the amount of mobs in the zone. Zones of issue I hear about are ToV, Tactics and Time. All zones have quite alot of mobs, be interesting to depop the whole zone bar one raid mob that people are having issue with and then test that.

I'm definately enjoying this server far too much

Pros:

-Availability of bots/mercs etc. Makes it much more convenient to not have to stress about plat over the use of a total of 4 mercs, rather than a bot for every class.

-Health/Mana Regen: LOVE IT! The lack of downtime makes the server alot more enjoyable, because you don't have to sit there for 5 minutes waiting on hp/mana.

-Custom Quests: Very well done and thought out, and makes for a nice change to the game from the standard stuff we see from sony.

-Community! This server has plenty of it. People get involved with one another and the lack of paranoia while using MQ2 is bliss.

Cons:

-Some lag when casting / looting / etc.
-Maybe its just my filters that I've overlooked, but I've seen some skill messages not show up at use.
-Without MQ2, there are a few bugged out areas you cannot access to progress. Matriarch room (giant ice room before ice giants) in Permafrost for example, the door to enter it won't open. I've tried shrinking/illusioning but to no avail.
-I haven't found any UF client torrents out there that aren't corrupted in the last few days, so unless you had it prior to the big hype of Zipps server, your SoL on MQ2 until the RoF client is supported by MQ2.

Thats about it, I'm loving the overall play on the server. Its been a different pace that doesnt require the overall time sink.

-I haven't found any UF client torrents out there that aren't corrupted in the last few days

The one on PB works minus a few files. The missing zone files can be imported from other builds such as RoF. I had to do this for PoStorms and BoThunder as the files are missing... so it's doable, just a bit more work.

Yes but he is transferring to a much better server, so never fear.