Zippzipp's Funland - Beta

Zippzipp

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Greetings guys,

Just figured I would toss out the invite to my EMU server. I'm still working on it but it is live on the server list of eqemulator and people have already started playing on it. I

There is a ton more i Plan to do with it but here is a breakdown of what it is:

• Dedicated Server
  • EXP is 3X the normal rate
  • AAEXP is 4x the normal rate
  • Progression up through POP at the moment.
  • Translocator
  • Spell Scriber
  • Custom Epic Quest
  • Bot Quests
  • Low level armor quest
  • Buff Bot
  • Deed Quests
  • Extended Bot Commands
  • Macroquest is welcome

Lets all have fun.

Last edited:
I played on it about three days ago.

You really need a custom start area to pull people in. Doing the generic tutorial missions didn't show any difference to the server, and I quickly got bored without seeing any of your custom content.

i have a hub area. You just didn't spawn there. I was testing the possibility of starting people in the tutorial but i turned that off.

Last edited:
Zippzipp bring back the good stuff for regular EQ!

Side note, I will have to check your place out. PoP, to me, was the golden age of EQ. I loved that era.

Guess you got bored since you finished your thesis? =-P

I may check it out when we finish the expansion.

Just started playing it this week, so far I am loving the old school style of play. I think this server is awesome! Come join us for some fun!

Ive been playing on his server also. Its awesome.
He has a deed system that allows you to get plat every 10 minutes you are online. All of the custom content is well thought out, and Zippzipp is almost always there lurking ready to fix any problems or discuss future ideas. He is putting alot of work into this server and it shows.

Have to agree. I realized how addicted i am to it when i found myself playing one account goofing off on a non legit server while using the other to check the status of Zips when he did the last update. :p

This server gets my seal of approval.

• The quests I've done are well thought out. I look forward to finishing these and seeing what ZippZipp will add in the future.
  • I enjoy all of the rules of the server.

• Not nearly the grind but definitely still challenging.

• Being able to freely use MQ is awesome.

• The bots available work better than mercs. And you have to quest to get the bots which adds depth.

• The progression is done individually rather than server wide which lets you go at your own pace.

• Resting is nearly instant which eliminates down time dramatically.

The only negatives I noticed are typical emulated server issues. Spawning isn't always exactly right (some mobs spawning under the world). Seem to be some issues hailing people (sometimes have to do it multiple times) and sometimes it takes a good while to attack a mob (occasionally it takes like 10 seconds to hit/aggro a mob).

Also a little more information would be helpful. Like it tells you what deeds are and how they work, but it doesn't explain where deeds come from (random spawn of trash mobs, or is it raid mobs?). And if there was something telling me to invite the bot to the group to get it to work then I missed it. Thankfully there seem to usually be a decent amount of people on that are willing to help. Including ZippZipp himself.

The server is already fun, so I'm eager to see where ZippZipp can take it.

Last edited:
The server has had a great reception so far. If you havn't had the chance yet I suggest you try it.

While MQ is down for the patch hop on my server and give it a go!

Server is really cool, but i've run into some problems. Posting them here cause its a mix of MQ stuff and server stuff.

I can't get /gate or /succor to work at all. They work just like /fade and put me back in the same position.

The wizard bot will not port me to plane of hate, gives me an error saying that I am not high enough level even though I am 51.

Bot res bugged out for me. I rezed with the bot but the option to pop back into place was still red and made me go to bind.

Some of the bots cast their buffs WAY too often. For instance, I don't need my wizard bot buffing me with a 2 min damage shield on all 6 toons =)
Also the bots in general seem to freeze up alot and don't take any actions. I know these are universal emu bot issues but it would be awesome if someone could fix them.

All in all the server is alot of fun. I only have nitpicky things here.

Would be nice to have a higher named spawn rate too. I killed some placeholders 3-4 times in solb and no named =(

Just started today, loving being able to warp again !!!!! lol Lots of cool stuff here, zipp put a lot of work into this and it shows. I just started so i cannot say for much but so far, good times!

I'm really curious about this but I'm afraid I'm not software savvy enough to use an EMU server. I need like an Idiot's Guide to EMU servers. I have really basic stupid questions like:

how do you load it?
do you start EQ then find a way to the EMU?
is there a special version of MQ2 that needs to be loaded?
I assume you start a new toon on the server but quickly level up?
do any files that reside on your computer for use in game transfer over? maps? UI? character info?

Sorry for all the questions and if they are just too basic please ignore.

EMU is really fun and not that big of a deal to get working.

The issue is you have to get the files. There are several versions of EQ that work. Titanium, SoF, and Underfoot are 3 of the client types. You need to get these installation files from somewhere. (torrent?) Soon Rain of Fear will be supported. You can download the RoF files from Steam.

MMOBugs has a couple of MQ compiles for the different compiles.

I need to get this figured out, gonna probably dig their forum a bit. Can log on to Grand Creation with RoF client but not others including yours... eventually I'll be checking it out!