XP nerf to tasks coing in a few days

I believe when I was in beta I read somewhere that sony was going to despawn ALL the corpses around EQ so people couldnt cheat to level

glad i kept a mage lvld and geared so now ill have to campfire a mage in if voa tasks are good xp and worth the hassle (side effect cost just went up >P if there is even a market left for em

I believe when I was in beta I read somewhere that sony was going to despawn ALL the corpses around EQ so people couldnt cheat to level
It wouldn't surprise me.

Although that would suck for those who left legitimate corpses for whatever reason.

They really are trying to drive people away.

it's not about challenge, as Dealings said. it's about tedium. I want to progress. i want to get into the expansion and be challenged by the new content. But making me spend weeks, as opposed to days, to get there doesn't make it more of a challenge. it becomes more like a punishment than a challenge.

all corpse last year were del. I just petition and gave them some bull shit reson why i have 50 corpse, and ended up with a gm dumb enought to belive it

Just cancelled my subscriptions for the time being. Gonna save my cash while all this bs pans out.

Think its about time they stopped going WoWgay and went back to what made EQ EQ.

so what UF tasks are worth doing to get some exp when VoA goes live??

NO UF quest is worth doiing. I was bored and was doing some for my alts and I got i believe 2 aa's for almost everything.

1.) The end game is balanced around people having AAs now. There are at least 2 THOUSAND AAs needed to be fairly competent in end game.

3.) There are so many required AAs that it looks entirely daunting to any new player that unfortunately stumbles into this game ran by whiny veterans. This is probably the cause of #2

That's just simply not true. They put a 2500 AA curve into the game for a reason. Most classes >NEED< 500-750 aa's to do their job. The rest are fluff, or bonus abilities, and aren't required to do your job - and furthermore, players without the fluff/bonus abilities can easily outdo those with the bonus stuff by simply learning their class better (not that anyone bothers to do that anymore, /wave @ the 90 rogue with 2k aa's in SS the other day that didn't know what evade was).

4.) WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NUTJOBS ASSOCIATING DIFFICULTY WITH GRINDING. That isn't difficulty. It isn't difficult to make 200 cheeseburgers, but it is mind numbing menial labor. This is what you are asking for. Not better content, not harder raids. WE WANT MORE GRINDING /stroke

I've never claimed that difficulty = grinding. I am saying that being able to sit in the guild lobby and blow a million plat to be level 90 with 2k aa's is a really, really shitty thing.

The reason these taskadds make things fucking cake is the OVER inflation of reward. Above 2500 aa's on a non-RAF account, you get 4-5 aa's per taskadd. That's how it should be. Period. There is NO reason people should be getting 25 aa's at level 90 for a 9 minute task. It turns AA's into talent trees; devs base difficulty off a toon with an average amount of aa's, and from UF to HoT, that average has gone up significantly more then any previous expansion, and HoT wasn't intended nor balanced around this. If you feel it's unfair that you should actually have to do some ounce of work to progress, in all seriousness, maybe you should try WoW.

Then again, these days, wow is more challenging then EQ. Atleast you have to leave a city to level in WoW.

Last edited:
Think its about time they stopped going WoWgay and went back to what made EQ EQ.

Indeed. This easy mode sit in lobby and buy taskadds bullshit should have ended long ago. I don't understand why people are complaining so much tbh, this change will force people out of the lobby and actually playing the game.

Indeed. This easy mode sit in lobby and buy taskadds bullshit should have ended long ago. I don't understand why people are complaining so much tbh, this change will force people out of the lobby and actually playing the game.

You mean I'll have to work for my xp? Blasphemy!

Can debate all day long if a player "needs" tons of AAs to do his job "right" on raids. But there's NO doubt that a toon with 2000aa's is a LOT stronger than a toon with 500. Higher DPS, better healing, more surviveability, more utility abilities, etc. and seriously more/better. And 4000aa's is significantly better than 2000aa's, altho probably not as big a leap as from 500-2000.

It's pretty damn easy to get 500aa's, with the current AA boost at the low end and I don't think that's going away any time soon.

The real problem is if they make it very easy to get to 90/2000aa's, then new players won't really learn their toon because they won't spend enough time levelling in order to acquire the knowledge. There's a lot to learn about a high-aa level 90 toon. And the killer is a lot of the info just isn't "out there".... there are AA's and even spells for classes I play regularly that I still don't fully understand and very little info on them out there. Even allakhazam and Lucy don't provide answers.

Meh I still don't know why people are crying about being able to sit in the lobby and level all day. This is called Everquest, go out quest some get xp the real way. This isn't called easyquest, Sony wants people to get out of the lobby and play toons more. It will be easier to find groups and I think will be much more enjoyable for the game.

Nah, instead of going out and exp'ing, the people who didn't really have a ton of time to go and gring a 2 hour mission (plus an hour or more to find a group) will now simply not login. That means the people who were grinding tasks and selling task adds are out AND the populations will likely go down at least some.

If anyone thinks this change will make more people login or more people branch out I think you're going to be disappointed.

Well damn if it takes you 2 hours to do shit, your doing it wrong lol. I can log in for an hour and get a shit ton done, and easy to find a group.