Would you quit?

What would you do if MQ did not work with EQ?

• I would quit.

Votes: 179 51.1%
  • I would not quit.

Votes: 51 14.6%
  • I would not play as much, but would not quit.

Votes: 92 26.3%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 28 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if you could do that if you say payed for a year and had an account banned in month 3 have it transferred to eq2 or somthing else.

Is the ban tied to the entire station account? That's how I always understood it to be. In that case, I'd imagine that they probably couldn't do anything. It sounds like they'll transfer it from one game to another on the same account, but I'd be surprised if they transferred time from one account to a fresh one after the first account was banned.

I wouldnt quit since dont use during raids, however I would use guild banner alot more and prolly never do anything outside of raiding......Maybe free up some time for a actual life

While I was playing, if this had happened...yes. I 100% would have quit. I can't speak for the people who just use the program, but for at least a year before I quit EQ, the coding aspect of MQ2 was the only thing that kept me in the game. Deciphering structs, reverse engineering the exe, writing plugins and macros -- THAT was what kept me enthralled with the game. I sorta enjoyed raiding, but the honest truth is that I never enjoyed raiding anywhere nearly as much as I enjoyed raiding in GoD -- after that, the raiding stuff just went down hill for me.

While I was playing, if this had happened...yes. I 100% would have quit. I can't speak for the people who just use the program, but for at least a year before I quit EQ, the coding aspect of MQ2 was the only thing that kept me in the game. Deciphering structs, reverse engineering the exe, writing plugins and macros -- THAT was what kept me enthralled with the game. I sorta enjoyed raiding, but the honest truth is that I never enjoyed raiding anywhere nearly as much as I enjoyed raiding in GoD -- after that, the raiding stuff just went down hill for me.

If you liked raiding in GoD come back and raid in underfoot since its GoD 2.0!

haha amazing how much you can rely on a program in everyday playing i use it mainly to help me 4-5 box and i deff cancell my 3 accts

Forced to quit....

Running mutliple characters would make it very difficult for me to continue botting them. I'm not a very good player to start , but with MO running it has enabled me to at least to stay somewhat up to an average player..

EQ - DOA WITHOUT MMO

I told a GM, during a warning when he saw me warping years ago, That after the 7 years that ive played, i didnt deserve to waste my time running from zone to zone....and without MQ id quit. He told me to make up my mind....Nothing since then has changed...10yrs now....over 4 with MQ....never without.

Death to EQ without hacks.

So many things that MQ gives should just be standard in the game: auto-clicks, taskkill, macro skillcast. Having to ask an entire raid to drop task, or fumbling around with bags and clickies in main inventory is so redundant. I guess the formula is "the more chars you box with MQ active, the more likely you will quit if MQ is removed."

I wouldn't quit because I haven't been using this program that long (although I would play less) but since you mention the map, there is always MySEQ. (http://www.showeq.net/forums/forum.php)

You have to update the offsets yourself, but it's incredibly easy to use. I actually use MySEQ and MMObugs simultaneously (looking at MySEQ to where I wanna go to make sure no one is there before I warp, or if someone is coming near me if I have a macro going) as well as using it just to know where mobs are. Even playing a ranger for YEARS, I still preferred MySEQ over track.

If, and I stress If, Sony made a patch that would prevent MQ2 from working, MySEQ would also not work. They use the same overall concept.

It would definitly make EQ suck hard! I would probably drop down to one account and maybe just raid or quit. I cant even imagine not having my HUD now, nevermind things like warp and zone.

12 accounts would go away from me. usually only have 4 or 5 subbed at any time though.

I've almost quit now. Getting ready to PCS in a couple months, looking for a new home and a new SUV. EQ kinda went unplayed for a while and I feel little urge to log on. Doesn't mean I'm quitting, just on an extended leave.....already been through this too many times.

I have 12 accounts, if MQ was done away with, I'd cancel 6 accounts and go back to 6 boxing. I might have done 12 boxing without MQ before, but even with my hardware set-up, it took alot of effort. 6 boxing with my hardware, not too bad.

they wouldnt even have to get rid of mq just get rid of the map again like they did for a while back a year ago or so and i would be gone

think all i really use mq for is the map and not even to look for named or anything lol

i think they could take all the graphics away from eq minus the map and i would still play since i probly have the map up 95% of my time playing eq lol

12 accounts would go away from me. usually only have 4 or 5 subbed at any time though.

Yeah, same here. I'd probably quit altogether though. I have too many other MMO accounts open. Between lifetime in Champions and LOTRO, two years left on two accounts in CoH, a year left on two accounts in Lineage 2, etc, my EQ accounts are already in jeopardy. Over the last year or so, I've taken to just buying accounts and gear outright instead of PLing/AAing/gearing classes I want to add to my cartel so I already have one foot out the door. With my server being nearly devoid of any significant activity, it's easy to come and go whenever I get or lose the itch.

But with no MQ, I and my now 38 accounts would be gone for good. I don't even bother to log in when post-patch compiles are being developed. I usually don't play more than six at a time but, as I learned the hard way, if I want to turn my home office into a dutch oven, I can play up to 36. Never had more than 26 accounts active at one time (and that was last Feb to May) but with my typical rotation, I almost always have at least 8 up and running at any given time. I can't do what I like to do to keep EQ fun without MQ so.......

but, as I learned the hard way, if I want to turn my home office into a dutch oven, I can play up to 36...

If you can, put your computers in a different room and get really long DVI cables, USB and/or PS/2 cables to where you actually have the desk and screens. Was the best thing I ever did. My A/C on full blast couldn't keep my computer room cool when I had all my computers in the same room that I stayed in, lets not even get into $$. Now that I have em in the room next door, I stay cool and it's cheaper. $35 for 50ft of DVI or whatever you need here

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209

If you can, put your computers in a different room and get really long DVI cables, USB and/or PS/2 cables to where you actually have the desk and screens. Was the best thing I ever did. My A/C on full blast couldn't keep my computer room cool when I had all my computers in the same room that I stayed in, lets not even get into $$. Now that I have em in the room next door, I stay cool and it's cheaper. $35 for 50ft of DVI or whatever you need here

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10209

Casca, don't be that person. You are an enabler. My sponsor told me about people like you!!! :p

Main problem is, my home office has little in the way of ventilation. I have a skylight. That's it. In today's real estate parlance, it qualifies as a bedroom only because it has a closet in it and was used as a nursery by the previous tenants. That should give you an idea of how small it is. If I could be bothered to blow a wall out, I could create an open concept living & dining room but that's too much money to spend on a space I don't own. :p

I've fit six puters in here once (boxes on the floor, monitors split between my two desks) to do a PoTime raid and it was like New Orleans in August up in here. I really don't want to go full bore like that in EQ again. :)

I switched to ITX machines and they use less wattage and put out less heat. If I only ran 6 of my ITX boxes, heat issues weren't too bad. It's when I also ran my big gaming rig, my back-up big gaming rig, 2 or 3 other smaller, but not ITX small desktops and my little multiplicty master laptop that it became a problem

Here is a pic of four of my ITX machines next to a mini-tower desktop.

img1215ol.jpg

I have two somewhere else and 2 more that I haven't built. They all are e5200 cpu's or better(or an AMD build) and GTS250's or better and they all can be used in a massive PoTime style raid with little lag. When I only ran the ITX, heat wasn't an issue. However, my other desktops are monsterous. If you are running full on desktops, three of these builds I did will be about the size of one regular desktop, slightly wider, but much less depth. Stacks great too.

Should note I use one account per box. However, that case can fit very decent vid cards, you can put on better CPU's and the stock ST PSU can still run it, trust me. I have used that little 300w psu to run a GTX285 with no problems.

Last edited:
I wouldn't quit because I haven't been using this program that long (although I would play less) but since you mention the map, there is always MySEQ. (http://www.showeq.net/forums/forum.php)

You have to update the offsets yourself, but it's incredibly easy to use. I actually use MySEQ and MMObugs simultaneously (looking at MySEQ to where I wanna go to make sure no one is there before I warp, or if someone is coming near me if I have a macro going) as well as using it just to know where mobs are. Even playing a ranger for YEARS, I still preferred MySEQ over track.

If, and I stress If, Sony made a patch that would prevent MQ2 from working, MySEQ would also not work. They use the same overall concept.

Glad someone else said it first. Assuming you are only in it for the maps and the info that is available through that and similar routes, ShowEQ is, as was said, not going to work anymore if MQ2 couldn't. The concept is, in essence, yes, very similar. It takes information the servers make available to the client, although the base game does not show you that info b/c the devs want it that way, MQ exposes it, same with ShowEQ essentially. Honestly I don't see how they could permanently disable all "Hacking". The inevitability of any computer program is, no matter how well you "secure" it, there is always a way around it, it may take allot of time, or take more effort than anyone may want to put into it, but it is always doable. The only way I could see for them to disable it permanently is to put more responsibility for the data processing on the client, and use the server to monitor this, the server could encrypt these packets in a way that if they were tampered with, it could detect it and boot the connection, basically firewalling EQ. But from what little I know about how sony's servers operate, and how eq runs, I don'[t think this is feasible, nor likely.

I would stay

Played fine before this ...and i'll play fine if it ever goes away. i would miss this but eq life goes on :)