Will MQ2 in Beta Help a Faster MQ2 Live Release?

dadada

Reaction score
Heya, was just wondering since MQ2 was available (at times) for beta, if that means a working compile of MQ2 on expansion release might come faster?

I'm hoping it will since I assume most of the new structure changes and windows etc.. might already have been figured out?

I'll probably be getting a guild group on expansion release, but it sure would be nice if not to be able to fire up my bots :)

does the pope shit in the woods?

Probably not the current Pope. But many moons prior to MQ2 I'm sure the Popes did!

To answer your question. Yes doing the beta and test server does help. Especially with plugins if they work on test nothing in live should change to break them.

As William12 has said. Keeping test server compile updated has helped dramatically in reducing MQ2 downtime for live.

EQMule pretty much knows whats coming for this upcoming EQ Live patch so shouldn't have much troubles updating base MQ2, though they do randomize a few data structs/opcodes which still requires some time to fix.

What's "faster" anyway? Compared to what? My usual live updates? ETA is 8pm est on the same day for any patch no matter if it's beta,test or live. So if you are asking if I will release earlier this time, probably not but there is always a chance it depends mostly on how many donations I get (joke) ;)

Last edited:
EQMule is currently at 12 of 25 donations for month with a few days left until the end of the month. MQ2 update for expansion is pretty much all in his hands. If you use MQ2, please consider helping him reach the goal of 25 donations for the month. A $5 donation is an awesome gesture to say thank you for the time spent working on MQ2 and help give him a reason to do fast updates.

See signature above my post for details.

Yes thank you all for the efforts I did work extra hard and released a little earlier than usual to show my appreciation:)

It did look pretty grim there for awhile lol expansion patch and all I got was a tshirt or whatever it should say hehe

HAHA thanks eqmule for all the hard work