what happened to mq2?

homeydc29

Premium Member
Reaction score
ive been looking all over the forums trying to find information on the latest patch that changed mq2, nothing is working for me any longer. iam very confused and dont know how to resolve any problems. getting

couldn't open macro file c:/change_me/macros/zbot.mac

and couldn't open macro file c:/change_me/macros/afcleric.mac

Your Macroquest.ini file got clobbered and overwritten by the default.

I've seen this happen to me a couple of times.

ive been looking all over the forums trying to find information on the latest patch that changed mq2, nothing is working for me any longer. iam very confused and dont know how to resolve any problems. getting

couldn't open macro file c:/change_me/macros/zbot.mac

and couldn't open macro file c:/change_me/macros/afcleric.mac
Looks like you installed the update in C:\CHANGE_ME instead of where you have your MQ2. Fix your shortcut to mmoloader to launch the one from your MQ2 directory.

When/if it wants to run the updater, READ that box that tells you in red that you should pay attention to it - i.e., it's an upgrader, and it tells you to point it to where you have MQ2 at (and that's not going to be CHANGE_ME)

htw

i feel foolish, i fixed it in a matter of seconds. thanks for your time and patience

when i saw the disclaimer with the red words i thought to myself "pfff of course i trust these guys!" and clicked accept without and hesitation.

i feel foolish, i fixed it in a matter of seconds. thanks for your time and patience

when i saw the disclaimer with the red words i thought to myself "pfff of course i trust these guys!" and clicked accept without and hesitation.
LOL no problem man, unfortunately that's what we all do to software installs... I would put up a better message on that install if I could. :)

htw

I had the same issue as above and fixed MQ. But I now have a blank screen on my main character that was logged in during the time of the mistake. I can see all my UI screens text bars buttons you name it. I recreated the problem by loading my characters settings onto another character but switching the load settings back still keeps a blank screen. Does anyone have an idea of how to identify the problem and correct it? My other characters that I have not changed settings on work. thanks

Last edited:
I had the same issue as above and fixed MQ. But I now have a blank screen on my main character that was logged in during the time of the mistake. I can see all my UI screens text bars buttons you name it. I recreated the problem by loading my characters settings onto another character but switching the load settings back still keeps a blank screen. Does anyone have an idea of how to identify the problem and correct it? My other characters that I have not changed settings on work. thanks
Maybe mq2viewport hosed your viewport? Try to reset it?

htw

I have to leave in a few minutes. I will check that as well... thanks for the suggestion.

not to continue w the teasing

one time i wasnt sure what was going on, nothing was working, no macros no maps, but when the power came back and the puter turned on the problem was fixed :p