Issues using core

nils

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Been using the macro 'Core' from Macroquest2.com

MacroQuest - Login

Code:
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:00:07] Ini: Couldn't read from INI file C:\MacroQuest2\Macros\tc\core.ragefire.RNG.CharName.ini (section=Buffs key=NULL).  Not enough buffer space (too much data).
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:00:07] fixini.inc@100 (setINIVar(string _name, string _type, string _section, string _value)): /if (!${Bool[${Ini[${INIClass},${_section}].Find[${_name}]}]}) {
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:00:07] declare.inc@705 (set_declares()): /call setINIVar Buff${_count}chk       string  Buffs FALSE
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:00:07] tc/core.mac@331 (initialize_core(string _ini)): /call set_declares
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:00:07] tc/core.mac@138 (main(string _ini)): /call initialize_core ${_ini}
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:00:07] The current macro has ended.
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:15] Ini: Couldn't read from INI file C:\MacroQuest2\Macros\tc\core.ragefire.RNG.CharName.ini (section=Buffs key=NULL).  Not enough buffer space (too much data).
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:15] fixini.inc@100 (setINIVar(string _name, string _type, string _section, string _value)): /if (!${Bool[${Ini[${INIClass},${_section}].Find[${_name}]}]}) {
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:15] declare.inc@416 (set_declares()): /call setINIVar spireRaid            int   Buffs 0
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:15] tc/core.mac@331 (initialize_core(string _ini)): /call set_declares
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:15] tc/core.mac@138 (main(string _ini)): /call initialize_core ${_ini}
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:15] The current macro has ended.
CharName - [2018/11/05 20:01:19] Your integrity has been preserved.

this doesn't happen with a vanilla mq2 build I've tried to remove all plugins from the mmobuild still seems to happen any suggestions? It happens on the normal servers too.

nils

change the amount of buffs
Code:
 /call setDeclare BuffCount int outer 15
Code:
 /call setDeclare BuffCount int outer 13
the mac appears to work with mmobugs

This was put in to prevent just such an issue. The MQ2 core code (not the mac!) just silently truncates such an entry, by only reading the first 2044 bytes. Ours tells you to basically fix it (fix the ini, or whatever). This commonly is an issue with macros that read in an entire file or an entire section at a time, that there's not enough space for it. It can happen with huge key data also, but that's not going to be common.

However, I will change in next release that it will instead of failing, give you a MQ2Data error (warning) and continue execution, with knowing that your command didn't read in the entire file or section or key you asked for.

The real thing anyone would want to do is modify the macro to read in the data in such a way that prevents the issue - or at least makes it uncommon.

htw

thanks I'll send the info to the developer of the mac thanks for the quick response (as always) :)

nils

nils, did you hear back from the core guys? I tried searching the discord but didn't see a clear resolution.

is that nils from afcleric macro

man that was an awesome healer mac back in the day

anyone still use it?

nils, did you hear back from the core guys? I tried searching the discord but didn't see a clear resolution.

The easiest fix to work around the buffer limit is to
  • Modify core.ini and change SetMaxINIBuffCount to a value of 13 or less
  • Edit your core.server.CLS.CharacterName.ini files and remove the extra Buff items (Buff10=FALSE, Buff10chk=FALSE, Buff10self=FALSE, Buff10selfCondition=FALSE, Buff10Alias=|FALSE, etc)
After those two steps are completed you will be able to re-run the macro successfully.

The easiest fix to work around the buffer limit is to
  • Modify core.ini and change SetMaxINIBuffCount to a value of 13 or less
  • Edit your core.server.CLS.CharacterName.ini files and remove the extra Buff items (Buff10=FALSE, Buff10chk=FALSE, Buff10self=FALSE, Buff10selfCondition=FALSE, Buff10Alias=|FALSE, etc)
After those two steps are completed you will be able to re-run the macro successfully.

Thanks, tried that out yesterday, seems to have worked.