Verizon Droid Phones

I have an LG Ally. I love it. Little smaller than the droid and does everything I need it to. Rooting it was a breeze. I use an app called Universal Androot. Not on the marketplace but easily findable. One touch root, and unroot if you need it. That with Barnacle does what I needed.

For 119 I just got Droid X Droid 2 Droid HTC Incredible from www.wirefly.com. I should have them monday/tuesday. Ill give more feedback then.

Also are you already a verizon wireless customer ?

I have the original Motorola Droid and love it. The big sell for me was the touchscreen + keyboard. Can't remember which between the Droid 2 and X have the keyboard, but that's the one I'd get.

I have the original Motorola Droid and love it. The big sell for me was the touchscreen + keyboard. Can't remember which between the Droid 2 and X have the keyboard, but that's the one I'd get.

Droid X has no keyboard but it plays HDMI HD out + bigger screen + 8MP camera

Droid 2 has touchscreen and slide out keyboard but no kick ass streaming and normal camera

Also keep in mind that the rumor mill (include the Wall Street Journal) has been publishing a ton of articles about a Verizon iPhone come January.

I like the Evo, since it has the 8mp camera, but also a 1.3mp front-facing one for simple video conferencing, etc. The HD output is an ok feature, although I don't use it much. Having 4.3" screen is a winner though. Sometimes I miss my old motorola q9c for the keyboard, but if I turn the evo sideways so the keyboard swaps to wide, I'm fine. My family is fine with the keyboard straight up, but I am not much of a hunt/peck person lol.

htw

Didnt apple just re do the contract with AT&T?

Besides that the iPhone really is not all that. I have had one for the last 3 years. I could have upgraded to the iPhone 4 but with the crappy quality of the iPhone it wasnt really worth it. My mom and sister also have iPhones and are less then satisfied with them.

Also keep in mind that the rumor mill (include the Wall Street Journal) has been publishing a ton of articles about a Verizon iPhone come January.

CEO of Verizon shot the rumors down...

Personally, bias opinion here but with validity too, Droid X for both of ya. I know I think I may be late since it is sunday now. Just because the X is geared towards multimedia oes not mean it will not function above and beyond almost any other function you may need. I was for awhile hesitant about ditching a keyboard. GF has Envy touch and I hated it. Always hitting something else than what I wanted. The DX showed me my fear and made it poof. I can type just as fast on it as I could with my Env2 if not faster. Not put much faith in Swype, but will try it more sometime.

As far as things like office, there are a few free solutions that can hook you up quite easily. Rooting does wonders to the performance imo. Mine performs above the avg rooted DX as well as against most of the top phones according to benchmarks.

Main points that make it invaluable to me. Tethering, Remote desktop, high quality camera (dual LED... how many have that huh), Motoblur (Many do not like it, but I find it quite nicely setup).

Rooting it is just a must imo if you are anykind of poweruser. Even if you just do that to rename a few of the stock apps that always seem to load up without your consent. Renaming them stops them from loading, thus lowering battery consumption.

Any specific question on the DX, shoot them over. I will be happy to try to answer. I have seen a few "pretty" roms, but do not feel they are necessary. I run Launcher pro and it works quite nicely.

One thing I admit to being jealous about is the Iphone has IR, so being able to use the DX as a home remote and a few other options is out of its grasp.

Last edited:
No bluetooth app to use as a remote with the droid as a remote?

No bluetooth app to use as a remote with the droid as a remote?

Sure, even wifi... but no way to replace your regular remotes for tv, dvd, blue ra and such. May be able to do wifi to a ps3, but not replace the IR remote.

We ended up going with the droid x. I actually typing this.post.on it this thing is a breeze to type on, I mean simply amazing. I just quit.using a blackberry storm so this is a huge improvement. What exactly is rooting? I love this thing lol. Swype is neat but I turned it off.

Droid X is almost as good as the Evo (not personal opinion, I'm just going off specs & reviews - and not dis'ing the X at all, it's killer)... but WTF up with HTC, is the Evo a Sprint exclusive or something? If so, that's BS.

htw

How does the INCREDIBLEcompare to the EVO?

Evo is a 4G Sprint-only phone. I was wondering about the Epic versus the Evo. I wasn't overly impressed with the Incredible.

I got a Droid X the other day, and love it. The battery seems to last for 48 hours with moderate use. Biggest thing to saving the battery is the app killer (Advanced Task Killer Froyo). It turns off all the apps with 1 touch. Everyone is telling me that apps destroy your battery life. So being able to shut them off is great.

I got a Droid X the other day, and love it. The battery seems to last for 48 hours with moderate use. Biggest thing to saving the battery is the app killer (Advanced Task Killer Froyo). It turns off all the apps with 1 touch. Everyone is telling me that apps destroy your battery life. So being able to shut them off is great.

Do your research about task killers.

Task killers kill tasks that sometimes need to run. So, you have the tasks being started and stopped constantly which increase usage.