Sony hacked....again

I wish they would grant me a refund for the remaining time left on my active accounts.

I can't stop laughing at Sony. I feel a little sorry for anyone who is a victim of credit card fraud from the hacks, but Sony is getting what they rightfully deserve.

They shouldn't have ever fucked with Geohots, and tried to make an issue out of people using hardware they purchased how they wanted to use it.

I hope they get hit a few more times before it's all said and done.

Greetings folks. We're LulzSec, and welcome to Sownage. Enclosed you will
find various collections of data stolen from internal Sony networks and websites,
all of which we accessed easily and without the need for outside support or money.

We recently broke into SonyPictures.com and compromised over 1,000,000 users'
personal information, including passwords, email addresses, home addresses,
dates of birth, and all Sony opt-in data associated with their accounts.
Among other things, we also compromised all admin details of Sony Pictures
(including passwords) along with 75,000 "music codes" and 3.5 million "music coupons".

Due to a lack of resource on our part (The Lulz Boat needs additional funding!)
we were unable to fully copy all of this information, however we have samples
for you in our files to prove its authenticity. In theory we could have taken
every last bit of information, but it would have taken several more weeks.

Our goal here is not to come across as master hackers, hence what we're about
to reveal: SonyPictures.com was owned by a very simple SQL injection, one of
the most primitive and common vulnerabilities, as we should all know by now.
From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING. Why do you put such faith in
a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?

What's worse is that every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored
over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just
a matter of taking it. This is disgraceful and insecure: they were asking for it.

This is an embarrassment to Sony; the SQLi link is provided in our file contents,
and we invite anyone with the balls to check for themselves that what we say
is true. You may even want to plunder those 3.5 million coupons while you can.

Included in our collection are databases from Sony BMG Belgium & Netherlands.
These also contain varied assortments of Sony user and staffer information.

Follow our sexy asses on twitter to hear about our upcoming website. Ciao! ^_^

So, there's that.

Last edited:
Rather they leave Sony alone and go after the oil companies.

Wed June 1 at 0930 gas price $3.79 / g
Wed June 1 at 1030 gas price 4.09 / g

Wed June 1 at 0930 gas price $3.74 / g
Wed June 1 at 1030 gas price 4.19 / g

Yet nothing is done about that.

As I drove home on Wed. I started to wonder. How much gas a bus uses for public trans. A 50 cent jump in gas costs us how much for that day ? Guess states can afford to pay an unexpected 2-3k a day in gas.

Because possibly ruining the financial security of millions of people is worth it to give Sony a little bad press. People need to quit this shit, you can give Sony shit for making the first mistake, but they didn't even give them time to get all of their systems secured. It's been what? Like 2 months? A complete security overhaul doesn't happen that quickly for a company such as Sony. The fact they didn't hack PSN again pretty clearly shows Sony has secured the areas that were hacked.

And this bullshit is 100% to show off, if they wanted to prove a point they would just need to show Sony and the Media the evidence they hacked, not hand it out to everyone and tell everyone their weaknesses. How about showing Sony the weaknesses and offering to help them fix it? No, that thought would never cross their mind because they are arrogant spiteful little brats.

Reminds me of butthurt 12 year olds. Oh and yeah, fuck Sony.

Last edited:
Would be nice if they wouldn't post up this data. I do want to say, shame on you Sony for storing data unencrypted, and especially for not protecting against SQL injections. I even know that you are supposed to protect against SQL injections.

Because possibly ruining the financial security of millions of people is worth it to give Sony a little bad press. People need to quit this shit, you can give Sony shit for making the first mistake, but they didn't even give them time to get all of their systems secured. It's been what? Like 2 months? A complete security overhaul doesn't happen that quickly for a company such as Sony. The fact they didn't hack PSN again pretty clearly shows Sony has secured the areas that were hacked.

And this bullshit is 100% to show off, if they wanted to prove a point they would just need to show Sony and the Media the evidence they hacked, not hand it out to everyone and tell everyone their weaknesses. How about showing Sony the weaknesses and offering to help them fix it? No, that thought would never cross their mind because they are arrogant spiteful little brats.

Regardless if they should have or shouldn't have hacked Sony, they did it. It's Sony's responsibility to at least encrypt the sensitive information. That's complete negligence on their part and doesn't take a security genius to know it should have been done long before any of this happened.

I can't keep people from braking into my house, but it's my responsibility to keep my belonging and family as safe as possible. IE security system, shotgun (love living in the South), dogs (I have 2 little dogs that bark anytime someone comes near the door or hear a strange sound).

I do what I can to minimize harm to myself. It's Sony's job to keep my information safe. So far they have been very lax and it's likely because they didn't put much value in their security team and either didn't give them much of a budge or hired the wrong guys.

This is what they posted on their twitter yesterday:

@Sony You forget? Linux sdk-pct06.station.sony.com 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 17 11:30:06 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Looks reasonable:

$ host sdk-pct06.station.sony.com
sdk-pct06.station.sony.com has address 10.30.61.11
$

You can say, "At least they didn't get everquest" and I agree, DemonH2! It clearly shows that the compromised areas that were resecured weren't compromised.

Regardless if they should have or shouldn't have hacked Sony, they did it. It's Sony's responsibility to at least encrypt the sensitive information. That's complete negligence on their part and doesn't take a security genius to know it should have been done long before any of this happened.

I can't keep people from braking into my house, but it's my responsibility to keep my belonging and family as safe as possible. IE security system, shotgun (love living in the South), dogs (I have 2 little dogs that bark anytime someone comes near the door or hear a strange sound).

I do what I can to minimize harm to myself. It's Sony's job to keep my information safe. So far they have been very lax and it's likely because they didn't put much value in their security team and either didn't give them much of a budge or hired the wrong guys.

Sure, its your duty to keep your house protected. That isn't my point.

What i am saying is, lets say you fail. You leave the door unlocked and someone comes in and robs your shit. You are an idiot for leaving your door unlocked. Clearly.

Now lets say before you can make it home to lock the door(you work 5 hours away), the first robber has told all his friends and has an open house. The second robber steals EVERYTHING. The community is supporting what the robber is doing because you are so fucking stupid for not locking your shit up correctly even after being robbed.. Your neighbor is telling you your daughter deserve to have her "my little pony" stolen because you are an idiot for leaving your door unlocked.

Think of that scenario and figure out why these dipwad hackers are douche bags and not some high and mighty being out to prove the corporation is dumb.

Are you at fault? Yeah, you left your door unlocked. Does that make these hackers any better than any piece of shit out that that steals identity information? Hell no. At some point you have to take the focus of leaving the door unlocked and put the focus on catching the fuckers who are committing the crime. When they are stopped and dealt with, you make sure you do what you need to do to secure yourself.

In Demontopia, these hackers would be found and shot 400 times starting with the toes and going up.

Last edited:
The hackers are hackers. Of course they were wrong, but if not them, then someone else would have done it. Sony, on the other hand, has an obligatoin to its customers to not let this happen. They being a public company should be held to a higher standard for PII and other sensitive data.

To sum up: hacker is as hacker does. FU Sony for being incompetent and letting them do it in the first place.

Ok bitches give me more free stuff on EQ (playtime um SC dunno) even though this seems to have been on PII, its for emotional damages by association suffered umkay.

Sure, its your duty to keep your house protected. That isn't my point.

What i am saying is, lets say you fail. You leave the door unlocked and someone comes in and robs your shit. You are an idiot for leaving your door unlocked. Clearly.

Now lets say before you can make it home to lock the door(you work 5 hours away), the first robber has told all his friends and has an open house. The second robber steals EVERYTHING. The community is supporting what the robber is doing because you are so fucking stupid for not locking your shit up correctly even after being robbed.. Your neighbor is telling you your daughter deserve to have her "my little pony" stolen because you are an idiot for leaving your door unlocked.

Think of that scenario and figure out why these dipwad hackers are douche bags and not some high and mighty being out to prove the corporation is dumb.

Are you at fault? Yeah, you left your door unlocked. Does that make these hackers any better than any piece of shit out that that steals identity information? Hell no. At some point you have to take the focus of leaving the door unlocked and put the focus on catching the fuckers who are committing the crime. When they are stopped and dealt with, you make sure you do what you need to do to secure yourself.

In Demontopia, these hackers would be found and shot 400 times starting with the toes and going up.

You and me have the same opinion of both Hackers and Thieves. I dislike both equally and believe they are some of the lowest lifeforms on earth.

However Sony is at fault not so much because they did get hacked, but because the information they got wasn't even encrypted. It doesn't take much effort to encrypt sensitive information. Hell everything on my work laptop is both encrypted and password protected from boot to the OS. I have private company information on it that would allow hackers to gain access to those companies. It's my responsibility to make sure that information stays safe, else I am liable for damages.

Same could be said for Sony. Just they probably have 10 times the amount of money spent on their legal department than their IT Security department. If I lose my identity it's likely my responsibility. The same goes for all other companies that I make purchases on-line with, like amazon, newegg, ebay, paypal, etc. You don't hear about them getting hacked because they would lose half their business and they put a premium on security. Even if they did get hacked, I bet they at least encrypt the client information.

Again I don't support the hackers, but their will always be hackers, just like there will always be thieves. I am more upset at Sony because of how they are handling my information and the risks I am not subjected to. Oh here's 1 free month of EQ. Thanks for your 14.99 gift.

Thankfully I had identity theft protection already, but it's still a bunch of my time spent canceling credit cards, checking credit statement for new accounts opened that I didn't open.

Again I don't support the hackers, but their will always be hackers, just like there will always be thieves. I am more upset at Sony because of how they are handling my information and the risks I am not subjected to. Oh here's 1 free month of EQ. Thanks for your 14.99 gift.
Big loss for them, considering how many people started playing again and how many people bought station cash last weekend.

/epic sarcasm off.

I'm not upset they did these things and profited, but it doesn't seem very heartfelt.

Rather they leave Sony alone and go after the oil companies.

Wed June 1 at 0930 gas price $3.79 / g
Wed June 1 at 1030 gas price 4.09 / g

Wed June 1 at 0930 gas price $3.74 / g
Wed June 1 at 1030 gas price 4.19 / g

Yet nothing is done about that.

As I drove home on Wed. I started to wonder. How much gas a bus uses for public trans. A 50 cent jump in gas costs us how much for that day ? Guess states can afford to pay an unexpected 2-3k a day in gas.

Not on topic but they dont pay the increases we pay. The city has a contract where they pay a premium price for gas. Basically say they buy guess in march they pay a lower price then us but close to what we payed in march but they buy gas for the entire year at that price. So a price increase during the year has no effect on a city/state budget.

On topic.

From my understanding this was not data taken from SOE this was another part of sony. People getting upset about personal information is laughable. Your cell phone companys sell your personal information for a profit every day they sell your text messages for 20$ to any citizen that wants it. Its amusing how much people just dont know these days about their personal information being sold for profit yet you get mad when sony gets hacked and they lose money for information that other companys sell.

Last edited:
again off topic

off topic i know, but this just in! Libia is having to pay up to $2.00 per gallon of gas compared to the normal price of .03/ gallon. "Because the refinery is right there"

I live in the NW we have 2, count them 2 refineries right here and we have the highest avg in the country. Gotta love paying $3.99/gallon!

off topic i know, but this just in! Libia is having to pay up to $2.00 per gallon of gas compared to the normal price of .03/ gallon. "Because the refinery is right there"

I live in the NW we have 2, count them 2 refineries right here and we have the highest avg in the country. Gotta love paying $3.99/gallon!

and it wont change until we get a president who forces it to change. opec holds the US hostage with oil prices while that company has record profits and we pay the price and the people the voters elected into office do nothing about it.

you're only paying $3.99/gallon? my $4.50/gallon for premium is jealous!