Sharing your MMOBugs account

Status
Not open for further replies.

htw

Developer
Reaction score
Once again, it's time to mention this.

Quite a sizeable bunch of members have been sharing their account, which has been made clear many times, is not allowed.

These people end up getting banned, and even if it's temporary (in most cases it is), there are restrictions that can (and usually are) placed on their account, that limit their choices here in the future.

Some of those even try to shrug it off, by just creating a different account to use here. A separate report check does match up those who have been banned vs additional account names, and ban evasions such as this generally result in an IP / multiple IP ban from the mmobugs site in general (including the loader/compile).

Please don't share your account with others.

Thanks.

Fry
Anthrax
htw

damn

i play EQ from 2 different IP's one at work and one at home. do i need 2 accounts?

i play EQ from 2 different IP's one at work and one at home. do i need 2 accounts?

Your use is reasonable wilbunk. Your work location is within a reasonable distance of home, and you are not actively playing from both locs at the same time, and your ISP / subnet backs up what you say.

So you are fine, you do not need multiple accounts. :)

htw

Completely ridiculous, and even more so because many of them are lifetimers. All lifetime members have previously been warned, many times, that you could lose your complete account here for sharing. Per htw's message, I'm sure you can see the frustration that he and the other developers here have with sharing. It might be time to renew the warning.

Since you all have warned people so many times I say just start banning them. You all have warned people so many times, and still people are being stupid, and I bet its the same people each time thats doing it. I think you all have warned them enough and its time to start banning.

2 computers

i use 2 computers, i run 1 name for both, becuase nither of my 2 computers can handle 2 boxing, this ok?

I do want to make everyone certain that if you are using two or more computers in the same location, you are fine. If you are using two or more computers from different locations, NOT at the same time (as in, you are traveling), you are fine.

If you are using two or more computers, from completely different locations, at the same time, with EQ up and running consistently from these different locations, you are a bastard, should have your head shaved, and called "Curly Sue" for the rest of your life - oh...and you will be banned.

DONT USE THE SAME PW FOR YOUR MMOBUGS ACCOUNT AS YOUR EQ ACCOUNTS IF YOU SHARE THE EQ ACCOUNTS WITH OTHERS!

This is no longer going to be a valid reason, the security of your account via your password is your responsibility. If your using it in multiple places, you should be aware of who your giving it to. Be internet smart folks, password sharing between sites/accounts is very dangerous, just think if MMOBugs.com was your bank account.....

Gonna see a lot of pink names through lines with them today.

I agree ban the fuckers who do that shit. The devs and mods work hard to give you a compile. If you share it you are slapping them in the face, therefore you are a bastard and should not be welcomed here anymore.

P.S. This is not pointed at kodi LOL I am agreeing with him haha

I am a lifetimer and have never been warned but I am interested in finding out if my account is used in multiple locations. I dont wanna be lumped up in an over generalized statement! Thanks

Message is clear enough always has been, examples prove most effective. Byebye to the thieves.

I am a lifetimer and have never been warned but I am interested in finding out if my account is used in multiple locations. I dont wanna be lumped up in an over generalized statement! Thanks

You're fine.

htw

All lifetimers have been warned, check your forum stickies in the Lifetime Section.

When people subscribe, just make them click a specific box saying they acknowledge that any account sharing will be grounds for an immediate ban (this might already be in place, it's been a while since I resubscribed).

There's your warning for the new members.

This is your warning if you're not new (but you should fucking know better anyway).

Done.

Im using it on 2 (next on 3) computer - but they are all in my homenetwork - so 1 IP - i think this is okay ?!
I often have a strange message "MQ2MMOBugs :: You have been logged out."
I´ve done something wrong ?

( it´s possible to upgrade from premium to liftime and how mutch $ for that ? )

If you are using two or more computers, from completely different locations, at the same time, with EQ up and running consistently from these different locations, you are a bastard, should have your head shaved, and called "Curly Sue" for the rest of your life - oh...and you will be banned.

So if i leave my home computer on in bazaar mode and travel overseas(or anywhere else) with my laptop to play I will be banned?

Zepher

So if i leave my home computer on in bazaar mode and travel overseas(or anywhere else) with my laptop to play I will be banned?

Zepher

It depends. But even if not, it would be the exception, not the rule. You should see some of the excuses we get.

htw

Hmm, I run MMO bugs on my computers at work (multiple at the same time, but same room) then I have my laptop at home (which is prob a 8min drive) I've been getting on with just 1 char and doing faction with my Merc when the GF is here. Hope I'm not rolled up in all this, cuz I leave the other accounts on at work, usually at char screen.

It depends. But even if not, it would be the exception, not the rule. You should see some of the excuses we get.

htw

It would seem that what htw is saying is that if you have a special set of circumstances and inform the administrators of it in advance they will be able to assist you. Otherwise I'm sure it looks likea steaming pile of crap whenthey ask you about IP addresses across the globe that are loged in at the same time.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.