safe AFK spots? 85 - 100

I didn't think HAs or instances would be good for this as mobs don't respawn. What XP and which instances have respawning mobs?

The mobs do not re-spawn but you get a ton of xp per run. if say one had a mac that ran through the task zoned out and re-quested it again.... that would be win

What XP and which instances have respawning mobs?

none that are relevant or any good xp (guardian instance maybe) but bleh

which mission in Shards Landing has the re-spawns in it?

I don't think there are ever 100% safe spots. I tend to roam zones one expansion previous of my gear. Find one thats empty with plat loot and afk. Like this time around I did OBF for diamonds, Grounds for Diamonds, then Shards landing for gear etc.

Instances are 99% safe...

Im following that thread afk botting in brother island, and guys, there are multiple instances to chose from, so what if they don't respawn? make your macro request a new instance after 6 hours of killing in it... invest some time in making your macros idiot proof, and by that I mean, safe from idiots who don't know how to mind their own buisness...

U can actually add functionality to send u a text if someone snoops around or send u a tell if you REALLY have to afk in open zones...
BUT is it worth getting banned over? Get some peace of mind and just make your toons request an instance with lots of mobs in it, kill there for 6 hours then reget the mission, thulisaur island has a good one given by #praetoria with mobs enough for hours of killing, and that just one example... you can rotate the Dead hills missions, or any other instanced mission, just have to take the time to get it setup, but I promise you that when you do, you will sleep better at night.

I have botted for YEARS without ever getting suspended or banned..., my bots answer tells, camp checks, send me text messages and I can monitor them from my phone, I have come back to my computer on a few occasions and seen my bot have had conversations with other players and a GM one time even, they all where satisfied with the bots answers and went on their way...

Last edited:
I have come back to my computer on a few occasions and seen my bot have had conversations with other players and a GM one time even

thats fucking bad ass :)

I can't think of anyone else that would have that tight of a macro, lol.

That's a real neat trick if a macro can fool a non-idiot GM. I say that because it means the macro's design passes The Turing Test, a challenge which AI developers have struggled for decades to meet. Either that, or the GM was an idiot.

I venture to say I could tell in 5 minutes if a box group was running afk. Maybe a little longer if I wasn't allowed the tactic of training them and then seeing if they start screaming at me afterwards.

:rolleyes:

I am thinking GM's and definitely people are on the lookout for afk botters.
Just don't do open zones, especially now with posts being made on EQ SOE forums about that botter group and the GM that caught them, "just wanting a hug".

I was solo in a very old school zone last night running a stationary macro and got a shout in a zone, then a tell in zone asking me a question.
I happened to be at the keyboard and responded.

Right after I responded, toon msgd me back and said thanks and sorry to have bothered you. Then the toon was gone and had logged.

I found it strange since it was a quest-related question and then the toon was immediately gone from world.