Returning player (yet again)

marius13dk

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello guys

I am returning to everquest yet another time… I am going to 3 box, I would like your input on how to get the most out of it.

Group possibility 1
Tank: SK
DPS: necro or berserker
Support: Mage
Healer: merc

Group possibility 2
Tank: Warrior
DPS: mage/wizard
Support: Enchanter

Group possibility 3
Tank: Mage pet
DPS: Necro
Support: Enchanter

Group possibility 4
Tank: Mage pet
DPS: Monk
Support: Shaman

I would like to be able to do normal group content and group progression, with fast kills.

-marius

Reactions: smith8454
The best 3 box combo is:
1. SK
2. Bard
3. Shaman
Add Healer // Rog // Rog merc
Power leveling TOON;
FROM 1-65 BLIGHTFIRE MOORE, in under 10 minutes with my level 93 Shadow Knight.
You can use this method to level your newbies to 65 withing a day.<swarm zone and let beat on SK and have PLtoons AE mobs cast or throw stones>
Thought i would share how i power level my char's since i am always power leveling new ones.

1st off i use a higher level druid or ranger to start with, then I switch to a high level shadow knight.
I damage shield power level all the way, also will need an AoE (area of effect) on the char you are power leveling
if it doesn't have an AoE you can go to Nagafen's Lair also known as sol B and buy oil of fennin ro from
Zordak Ragefire near the fire giant's but they are rather expensive so be prepared (cost about 1049pp each)
or you can do what i do and just make a free account and level a AE class with the other. when pulling with
the Shadow knight always remember to not do any damage to the mob's. when I pull I try to put non weapons
and shields in primary and secondary to help not do any damage.

1st I start in crescent reach.
i keep the highest level damage shield, hit point buff, regen, and sow on that the dru or rgr can cast
(to start the highest that can be casted on a lvl 1 is the level 40 ish spells none higher).
after buffs run around melee or cast to do at least 1 point of damage then move to the next mob
rinse and repeat while the DS takes care of the mob. do this on the 1st and 2nd parts of CR.
(drakes and spiders then bear's and puma's)
once the puma's and bear's are light blue i move to the 1st undead area and change tactic's slightly.
i take the dru or rgr and set him/her in the middle of the undead area and buff with all DS's available
i take the char that i am power leveling and do at least 1 point of damage then pull to the dru or rgr the mob almost
always agro's the dru or rgr and the DS kills it and the char that is being power leveled gets the xp.
i do this till 20 to 25.

Next i head to blightfire moor's.
head to the undead area in the NW corner of the zone. There i switch out the
dru/rgr for the Shadow knight. at this point you are going to need the AoE (area of effect).
then i load 2 to 3 AE agro spells on the SK. the spells work best as they hit all mobs around the Sk as the AA ones
only hit up to 8 mobs. then i use the Sk run around the undead area and pick up as many mobs as possible
WITHOUT doing any damage with the Sk. i pull close to where the char that is being power leveled
is just sitting and waiting. cast the Sk's agro spell's 2 to 3 times to get agro all on sk
then run the char being power leveled to the group of mobs and AE them may have to do this a few times depending
on resist's then let the DS on the Sk kill them all and boom xp a plenty. rinse and repeat till about level 35 to 40.
these mob's respawn rather quickly

Next i head to Goru`kar Mesa,
EDIT I found something better here the pack of green legion by sunderrock springs zone line use the sk and pull them
near your power leveling char or group let the last one run from you and as the others respawn they will run to
the sk I did this and it was non stop until I decided to stop it.
do the same tactic as above with giants or any mob's that are ready to attack
aka kill on sight it makes for faster leveling and pulling for the Sk. the dromek giants are in the
north area near the steppes zone. I do this till about level 56

Next i head to the steppes.
I go to the gnoll area in the NE corner of the zone and once again use the SK to
pull then cast the AoE agro spells and have the char that's being power leveled AE and let the SK's DS kill the mob's
and gain mass xp! (also here you will make very good plat while at it). rinse and repeat till about level 70 to 75.

Alternately if you are 56 crypt of decay is a better place to go.

Next i head to Fortress Mechanotus.
here you can do the same tactic as we have been to 80 or 85 then you should be able to group with the Sk and
continue to wipe out the zone or group the power leveling char with a box team or friends and level the rest of the way.
you can also get a lot of tinkering trade skill mats and very good plat here.

Lastly in Frontier Mountains (EoK version)
Now I take the 85's to EoK's Frontier Mountains group with my 110 ranger find a spot with
plenty of mob's and head shot power level the rest of the way to 110 as the mobs here are
mostly dark blue and respawn rather quickly. I like to raid them together and also use my
2 other 110 rangers for headshot as it goes amazingly fast.

All this can be done with free to play accounts and don't need the newest xpan's either!
It usually takes a day or 2 to level up to 80/85 if not less. a lot of times i do this
i am power leveling a group at a time either mine or i let other's join me as well.
this is how i like to do it but I'm sure there are better places than I go to and better way's to do
this, this is just a guide hopefully to help. i will be more than happy for advice/changes or other things to
help this go more efficiently. please feel free to add anything and thank you for taking the time
to read this and i hope this helps many out there.

72 -80 Hotzones
75 Gribbles till 100, also for ( for AA's)
80-85 Sathirs tomb for 4-7 days // Start overseer 2 times per day
100 -110 then Do Progression... GMM mission + you can gearing toons // ToV // FT mountain // overthere // Eastern waste //
Great Divide // Western Waste
115 -120 Finish Progression, then do these raids, but start event, and only kill trash: Restless Assualt (kill wurms in
cave's <rinse and repeat>), Finish all progression
113 Zlandicar // Aaryonar
115 - 120 COV, TOL,
Easy exp/aa repeatable zero kill quests every 30 minutes:
this will give you GEAR !!!!

THEN
HOT https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:House_of_Thule_Overview (this will take you to LVL 100)

Then DO ONLY THESE MISSIONS!!!
Tier 1
Shard's Landing
Portal Activation
Eastern Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening Portal Activation - solo task from Leopold Crunchbasher (southwestern part of the crater: 170, 380, 1)
The Breeding Grounds Portal Activation - solo task from Vdrakii (in a tent in the southern part of the crater: 120, -45, 1)
Evantil, the Vile Oak Portal Activation - solo task from Bygral Tamescale (northeastern part of the crater, by the portal)
Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth Portal Activation - solo task from Vaytok (eastern part of the crater: 200, -640, 1)
Chapterhouse of the Fallen Portal Activation - solo task from Sir Delvas (northwestern part of the crater: 880, 75, 1)
Valley of King Xorbb Portal Activation - solo task from Soulbound Construct (west-central part of the crater)
Chelsith Reborn Portal Activation - solo task from Camellia Spiretear (northeastern part of the crater)
Plane of Shadow Portal Activation - solo task from Sister Fealcrest (north-central part of the crater)...this will make it so you do not have to RUN THE LONG WAY AROUND Everquest when zoning

Tier 1, then only DO these mission
1. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5978
2. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5989
3. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5979 In the Tome, combine the Quill and Copied Notes until the step updates and you produce "Translated Notes"
(as you do this, your Alaran will progress to 100). that is all for now. you will eventually return to Shard landing

Next XPAC to do; https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_Veil_of_Alaris

Now we RETURN TO SHARDS LANDING, this will take you to 105 - 106.
GET CONFLAGRANT GEAR

Then go do TBM https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_The_Broken_Mirror
How to make/buy gear,

*note* TBM IS A PAIN IN THE ARZZ, but rewarding. u will get a KICKBUTT mount (flying lion)
then progress on normally to the very last Expac NOS or beyond.

spells progression:
90-95 Argath
95 - 100 Shards landing / Etheria Karana
100 - 105 Katta deluge (DS) / Lceanium / Tranq (TBM)
105 - 110 Overthere (ROS) / Stratos (TBL)
110 - 115 Eastern Waste (tov) / Western Waste (COV)

The best 3 box combo is:
1. SK
2. Bard
3. Shaman
Add Healer // Rog // Rog merc
Power leveling TOON;
FROM 1-65 BLIGHTFIRE MOORE, in under 10 minutes with my level 93 Shadow Knight.
You can use this method to level your newbies to 65 withing a day.<swarm zone and let beat on SK and have PLtoons AE mobs cast or throw stones>
Thought i would share how i power level my char's since i am always power leveling new ones.

1st off i use a higher level druid or ranger to start with, then I switch to a high level shadow knight.
I damage shield power level all the way, also will need an AoE (area of effect) on the char you are power leveling
if it doesn't have an AoE you can go to Nagafen's Lair also known as sol B and buy oil of fennin ro from
Zordak Ragefire near the fire giant's but they are rather expensive so be prepared (cost about 1049pp each)
or you can do what i do and just make a free account and level a AE class with the other. when pulling with
the Shadow knight always remember to not do any damage to the mob's. when I pull I try to put non weapons
and shields in primary and secondary to help not do any damage.

1st I start in crescent reach.
i keep the highest level damage shield, hit point buff, regen, and sow on that the dru or rgr can cast
(to start the highest that can be casted on a lvl 1 is the level 40 ish spells none higher).
after buffs run around melee or cast to do at least 1 point of damage then move to the next mob
rinse and repeat while the DS takes care of the mob. do this on the 1st and 2nd parts of CR.
(drakes and spiders then bear's and puma's)
once the puma's and bear's are light blue i move to the 1st undead area and change tactic's slightly.
i take the dru or rgr and set him/her in the middle of the undead area and buff with all DS's available
i take the char that i am power leveling and do at least 1 point of damage then pull to the dru or rgr the mob almost
always agro's the dru or rgr and the DS kills it and the char that is being power leveled gets the xp.
i do this till 20 to 25.

Next i head to blightfire moor's.
head to the undead area in the NW corner of the zone. There i switch out the
dru/rgr for the Shadow knight. at this point you are going to need the AoE (area of effect).
then i load 2 to 3 AE agro spells on the SK. the spells work best as they hit all mobs around the Sk as the AA ones
only hit up to 8 mobs. then i use the Sk run around the undead area and pick up as many mobs as possible
WITHOUT doing any damage with the Sk. i pull close to where the char that is being power leveled
is just sitting and waiting. cast the Sk's agro spell's 2 to 3 times to get agro all on sk
then run the char being power leveled to the group of mobs and AE them may have to do this a few times depending
on resist's then let the DS on the Sk kill them all and boom xp a plenty. rinse and repeat till about level 35 to 40.
these mob's respawn rather quickly

Next i head to Goru`kar Mesa,
EDIT I found something better here the pack of green legion by sunderrock springs zone line use the sk and pull them
near your power leveling char or group let the last one run from you and as the others respawn they will run to
the sk I did this and it was non stop until I decided to stop it.
do the same tactic as above with giants or any mob's that are ready to attack
aka kill on sight it makes for faster leveling and pulling for the Sk. the dromek giants are in the
north area near the steppes zone. I do this till about level 56

Next i head to the steppes.
I go to the gnoll area in the NE corner of the zone and once again use the SK to
pull then cast the AoE agro spells and have the char that's being power leveled AE and let the SK's DS kill the mob's
and gain mass xp! (also here you will make very good plat while at it). rinse and repeat till about level 70 to 75.

Alternately if you are 56 crypt of decay is a better place to go.

Next i head to Fortress Mechanotus.
here you can do the same tactic as we have been to 80 or 85 then you should be able to group with the Sk and
continue to wipe out the zone or group the power leveling char with a box team or friends and level the rest of the way.
you can also get a lot of tinkering trade skill mats and very good plat here.

Lastly in Frontier Mountains (EoK version)
Now I take the 85's to EoK's Frontier Mountains group with my 110 ranger find a spot with
plenty of mob's and head shot power level the rest of the way to 110 as the mobs here are
mostly dark blue and respawn rather quickly. I like to raid them together and also use my
2 other 110 rangers for headshot as it goes amazingly fast.

All this can be done with free to play accounts and don't need the newest xpan's either!
It usually takes a day or 2 to level up to 80/85 if not less. a lot of times i do this
i am power leveling a group at a time either mine or i let other's join me as well.
this is how i like to do it but I'm sure there are better places than I go to and better way's to do
this, this is just a guide hopefully to help. i will be more than happy for advice/changes or other things to
help this go more efficiently. please feel free to add anything and thank you for taking the time
to read this and i hope this helps many out there.

72 -80 Hotzones
75 Gribbles till 100, also for ( for AA's)
80-85 Sathirs tomb for 4-7 days // Start overseer 2 times per day
100 -110 then Do Progression... GMM mission + you can gearing toons // ToV // FT mountain // overthere // Eastern waste //
Great Divide // Western Waste
115 -120 Finish Progression, then do these raids, but start event, and only kill trash: Restless Assualt (kill wurms in
cave's <rinse and repeat>), Finish all progression
113 Zlandicar // Aaryonar
115 - 120 COV, TOL,
Easy exp/aa repeatable zero kill quests every 30 minutes:
this will give you GEAR !!!!

THEN
HOT https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:House_of_Thule_Overview (this will take you to LVL 100)

Then DO ONLY THESE MISSIONS!!!
Tier 1
Shard's Landing
Portal Activation
Eastern Wastes: Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening Portal Activation - solo task from Leopold Crunchbasher (southwestern part of the crater: 170, 380, 1)
The Breeding Grounds Portal Activation - solo task from Vdrakii (in a tent in the southern part of the crater: 120, -45, 1)
Evantil, the Vile Oak Portal Activation - solo task from Bygral Tamescale (northeastern part of the crater, by the portal)
Grelleth's Palace, the Chateau of Filth Portal Activation - solo task from Vaytok (eastern part of the crater: 200, -640, 1)
Chapterhouse of the Fallen Portal Activation - solo task from Sir Delvas (northwestern part of the crater: 880, 75, 1)
Valley of King Xorbb Portal Activation - solo task from Soulbound Construct (west-central part of the crater)
Chelsith Reborn Portal Activation - solo task from Camellia Spiretear (northeastern part of the crater)
Plane of Shadow Portal Activation - solo task from Sister Fealcrest (north-central part of the crater)...this will make it so you do not have to RUN THE LONG WAY AROUND Everquest when zoning

Tier 1, then only DO these mission
1. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5978
2. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5989
3. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5979 In the Tome, combine the Quill and Copied Notes until the step updates and you produce "Translated Notes"
(as you do this, your Alaran will progress to 100). that is all for now. you will eventually return to Shard landing

Next XPAC to do; https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_Veil_of_Alaris

Now we RETURN TO SHARDS LANDING, this will take you to 105 - 106.
GET CONFLAGRANT GEAR

Then go do TBM https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Progression_Through_The_Broken_Mirror
How to make/buy gear,

*note* TBM IS A PAIN IN THE ARZZ, but rewarding. u will get a KICKBUTT mount (flying lion)
then progress on normally to the very last Expac NOS or beyond.

spells progression:
90-95 Argath
95 - 100 Shards landing / Etheria Karana
100 - 105 Katta deluge (DS) / Lceanium / Tranq (TBM)
105 - 110 Overthere (ROS) / Stratos (TBL)
110 - 115 Eastern Waste (tov) / Western Waste (COV)
how do you get a level 20 toon to not get resisted from the undead mobs ? cause i PL with my sk , and those mobs resist my PL toon all the time.