safe AFK spots? 85 - 100

kazill

Reaction score
hello,

does anyone know of any good safe AFK spots to level 85 - 100 ??

i am leveling a 85 enchanter boxing a mage, wizzy, necro, shaman all who are 105 plus a healer merc.

thanks!!

just do it in rof somewere and set it to pause if someone comes by?

is the ha macros still around or just lifetime? which I cant even buy?

There are no safe spots.

The best you can do is pick an instance that has a bunch of mobs so you can kill for a long time before having to get another one.

The best exp seems to still be the DH HA's.

I discovered spots deep inside Plane of Shadow are pretty safe, if your group can handle risk of adds. They're kind of hard to get to because of see-invis mobs and the times I was there NOBODY and I mean nobody (in terms of other players) seem to ever be in zone. I won't discuss specific spots but I'm sure you can find your own. Getting TO them can be a bit of a challenge but once there it's usually pretty easy to hold them.

The XP was pretty good at 100. Not sure how it would be at 105. But with AFK XP-ing you're more interested in STEADY XP even if it isn't top-notch in terms of quantity. Right?

Valley of King Xorbb has some nice out-of-the-way tunnels that might work.

But as people have said above, no "open" zone is really completely "safe."

Last edited:
If you are looking for "safe" as dewey said nothing exists outside of instances.

There is a instance in morells that has level 85-88 mobs that respawn. That's the last instance that I know off that has respawns with high level mobs.

Shards landing instanced was good, but with 101+ xp nerf it's not worthwhile.

Pretty much, don't be a douchebag, and don't take a camp with named, and you'll be fine anywhere you go.

Now before people jump on me for any reason, I say this because I've done shards landing, grelleths, etherene tainted west karana and The Grounds and I've yet to run into any problems, even being there for months at a time.

There is a great mission in shards that I used for levelling and AAs. Mobs respawned and you could setup and run it 6hrs at a time.

Pretty much, don't be a douchebag, and don't take a camp with named, and you'll be fine anywhere you go.

You are still a WHOLE lot safer if you afk grind in an instance. All it takes is something getting pissed because you're doing something they don't like or can't do ....

Shard's Landing - the lake area with "a coralspine goral" as the primary mob you will be pulling. There is a flat area to the south side (I think) were you can set up camp. Plaguespine is the namer that will pop from this camp and it isn't much tougher than the normals. Add Iremaw to your alert/do_not_pull list.

Good:
- mobs are spread out and there are enough of them that until you get really powerful, a new one will spawn at or before you clear the lake's shore of them
- the area is pretty secluded
- no wanderers
- fairly flat area (key for stressless automated pulling - just make sure you have levitate on)​

Bad:
- open zone
- some mob warping happened to me pretty consistently (they usually pathed back far away enough from camp to not be a problem)​

You are still a WHOLE lot safer if you afk grind in an instance. All it takes is something getting pissed because you're doing something they don't like or can't do ....

This is so true, especially the "can't do" part. I had to laugh when the conversation in my guild came around to one member complaining cuz he "thinks" a group in the zone he's in is having great success pulling mobs he can't handle. Because nobody in the group would respond to his requests to join (which means they'd have to drop a member to let him join, of course) he assumes it's a boxer AFK-XPing and starts asking whether he should petition them. The irony is I know other people in the guild use MQ2 and I also know the guy he was complaining about is a boxer who's usually at his keyboard and just doesn't care to respond to random begging tells. So this whiner was dissuaded from causing trouble. But this goes on a lot IMO among the clueless.... particularly those who complain that even 2-boxing has "ruined" Everquest and seek any reason to make their opinion known.

Shard's Landing - the lake area with "a coralspine goral" as the primary mob you will be pulling. There is a flat area to the south side (I think) were you can set up camp. Plaguespine is the namer that will pop from this camp and it isn't much tougher than the normals. Add Iremaw to your alert/do_not_pull list.

Good:
- mobs are spread out and there are enough of them that until you get really powerful, a new one will spawn at or before you clear the lake's shore of them
- the area is pretty secluded
- no wanderers
- fairly flat area (key for stressless automated pulling - just make sure you have levitate on)​

Bad:
- open zone
- some mob warping happened to me pretty consistently (they usually pathed back far away enough from camp to not be a problem)​

I am a noob, i don't know how to setup auto pulling.... could you explain how to do it? =D

thanks

the ha macro was at MQ site all u had to do was donate to it for vip access, its the same author, i saw it when it came out and modified it for my use when it was new

red guides may have modified it some more but not sure, author is an admin out there i think not sure

Never seen them for HA's in all this time. where are they?

The Bot macro has ample documentation to setup different pulling options. Check out the wiki on this site for it.

I did the simple that had options in the macro. With lev on your puller, the script will just run your guy out to the mob (minus the range for the pull song/spell/range item). I had a bard and used boastful bellow AA. This was before there was the plugin option: MQ2Bot. In your .ini file for your character, you just fill in some data in the puller section of it.

The good thing about the bot macro is that it will make a very basic .ini file for you. Then, you can keep tweaking it and looking at other people's customization on how to get the most from each and every character you play.