Running Everquest over Network

Zero0003

The One Who Sees All!
Reaction score
Hey All,

Want to pick some of your brains and get your thoughts on it.

With several of us that run EQ on either 1 machine or several machines its always a pain to update either macro files or updating UI with the everquest folder. You have to goto each computer or backdoor into it from 1 PC and update it as needed.

Anyone tried maybe running everquest over a network share where it is in 1 location and everquest runs from it? Maybe run MMOBugs from it?

I know there has been discussions around running EQ on VM machines, did SOE make it clear that they will ban any account that runs on VM's?

A couple years ago I ran MQ off a shared network drive and it was fine most of the time. I did run into some issues with multiple machines all trying to read/write MQ2Hud.ini which caused some major stuttering.

Given how much more crap EQ reads/writes things like the maps are likely to get trashed.

What I would suggest you look at is a way to more easily sync your machines to a master rather than running from the network share.

I installed Free File Sync and have my EQ drive, Myseq and MMObugs all sync'd to a network drive. Copy the Freefilesync INI over to each computer, and it makes all directories the same on all PCs its installed, and the network drive you have it sync'd to.

From there, just setup/update EQ/MMObugs on one PC, it sync to the drive, then run the sync on the other PCs in your house and it pulls only the changed files.

I've only begun to play with it, and I am sure someone can explain better than I.