eqbc server broke

loyal

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I run 4 accounts on 4 computers with a fifth that hosts EQBC serve and have for over a decade.
Yesterday EQBC failed none of my game computers could connect to the server computer returning the error "gethostbyname error"
the name of the computer has not changed.

the only thing that changed that I am aware of is a windows 10 update Wednesday or yesterday

I have tried turning off firewalls no help.
I loaded eqbc serve on one of my game computers yesterday when I did it returned the same error but today it appears to have logged on requested names and found the account on the same machine but the other three either return the gethostbyname error or Could not connect.

I don't know what else to try

gethostbyname error means it's failing to get ip address from host name.

Try connecting via IP address instead of host name.

Reactions: EQDAB
gethostbyname error means it's failing to get ip address from host name.

Try connecting via IP address instead of host name.
I had to google to learn how to find my IP Address
I entered
/bccmd connect 000.00/0/0 using the IP address found when I did ipconfig in command prompt it showed
Connecting to 000.00.0.0 fopr maybe two minutes before returning could not connect.

• Sad
On the server computer:

For Wi-Fi connection
  1. Select Start > Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi and then select the Wi-Fi network you're connected to.
  2. Under Properties, look for your IP address listed next to IPv4 address.
For Ethernet connection
  1. Select Start > Settings > Network & internet > Ethernet.
That's the IP you connect to from your clients. As far as port, it depends on what port you are running the server on. The default is typically 2112

To connect would be like: /bccmd connect 192.168.0.46 2112

• Love
On the server computer:

For Wi-Fi connection
  1. Select Start > Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi and then select the Wi-Fi network you're connected to.
For Ethernet connection
  1. Select Start > Settings > Network & internet > Ethernet.
That's the IP you connect to from your clients. As far as port, it depends on what port you are running the server on. The default is typically 2112

To connect would be like: /bccmd connect 192.168.0.46 2112
thanks htw the information I needed in a way I could understand. I am now up and running

• Love