Quillmane or Fabled Quillmane

New macroer

I dont understand how you put this into your macro folder and run it...i dont know if you save it then label it quillmane.mac to get it to work. I dont know what the commands are to get it to go. Perhaps i am looking over things too rapidly and not paying attention to the small details. Please, help me, i am going crazy on this cycle (non-tracker). Good Day

copy and paste it into notepad. save it as something.mac

in game, type /mac something

(something is whatever you want it to be.)

Should work fine from there.

If not, I'll post a version for you in macro format...heading out now so it'll be later.

i'd suggest not using this

whenever i need or want one of the cloaks i wait til around 11 at night and fire up the hunter no warp mac by splitpaw, adjust the radius in the mac cuz it is a pretty big zone, add the loots you wanna keep and make sure their typed correct or you will destroy the items, another small bonus in loots is adding in high quality pelts you can make a little ching off of in trader as well

i wake up with atleast 2 cloaks on me in the am (their not lore)

mrktwiz quillmane macro

this macro for some reason kills 1 mob then gets hung up on corpse looting. Is there anyway to loot the corpse (dont care about items) and then move on to the next target. Also, thank you bear for helping me out with that simple command...i knew that but thought it would be more complicated.

not lore, but no trade..

AlwaysBeth,
You might also look at MQ2Cursor. Be sure and read about how to turn it on and off, else you may end up having bad results(ie: destroying your items by accident). What's great about this is that you can specify the loot you want to keep, how many to keep(*IE:no point in having 2 Cloaks on one toon, unless you're going to do an MQ for a mage, I guess $), and it ties in well with most hunter macs. In game, just type in /plugin MQ2Cursor , then if you need reminders on functions, type /cursor , and a list will pop up. Hope that helps.

on a side note: you can buy a 20 dose stack of lev potion in baz for usually under 200p.http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=96936 It casts lev, has a 20 min or so, better than cloak, and cast time is 1.5 sec vs. 6.0.
It would be an amazing number, if calculated, how much time people have wasted trying to figure out how to get Quillmane to spawn, posted questions on how to get macro to work, avoid trees, etc...over several years.
Google searched Quillmane just out of curiosity. "Results 1 - 10 of about 5,150 for Quillmane."
Perhaps time spent reading up on C++ for dummies or just contributing to a learned pro (like many on this site, btw) would be better. I know I personally wasted many hours, and probably other people's time chasing this mob/cloak/macro etc. Not trying to be mean..I understand your frustration.

If you're looking for a timer for the 78 sec respawn routine, one I used in the past is similar to one you can download here(or implement one in a macro, even better): http://www.keir.net/timer.html

Good luck~!
~Hurl

Last edited:
6 Step process to spawning Quillmane (Fabled or Normal)
1) train as many pathing mobs from north/south side as you can.
2) kill whole train at same time (unlimited target aoe for best results)
3) wait 70 seconds and do /maph npc a
4) IF you got the correct placeholder you will have a new placeholder pop on southern half of map (99% of the time south of paw, north of aviak village) Can spawn anywhere from far west side of map to far east side of map.
5) kill the repop placeholder (or quillmane)
6) Repeat at step 3

Things to note:
Using this method I've supplied my guild with about 50 or so cloaks for mains, alts, friends, etc. It does work and if your a tracking class if you explain correctly what your doing and no recourse can be put against you. If your not a tracker ... well it sure looks strange to head right for a placeholder from half way accross the zone doesnt it :)
If you get any named mob to pop other than quillmane your on the wrong cycle. Restart at step 1.
If 100% of the spawns you kill in step 5 are aviaks. Your on the wrong cycle. Restart at step 1.
If all mobs your killing pop on eastern side of map never going past the middle of map. Your on the wrong cycle. Restart at step 1.
If there are other people in the zone killing mobs be careful to watch the repops.

If you feel your on the right cycle you can easily macro the moving to a mob to kill it, delay 78 seconds, get latest spawn, rince repeat.

Macro I use to automate the process of killing placeholders is below. It uses mq2cast and mq2moveutils and does NOT warp. Note if it detects someone killed the placeholder its going to it starts the timer. If your starting the macro the first time "/echo set timer" to start the process. If you kill mobs during the timer it ignores them and does not set a new timer.

Code:
#event timeset "#*#You have slain#*#"
#event timesetr "#*#set timer#*#"
#event movetostop "#*#Arrived at MoveTo#*#"

Sub Event_movetostop
	/keypress forward
	/dism
/return

Sub Main
/declare horseitem string outer "White Ornate Chain Bridle and Barding"
/declare nukespell string outer "Yoppa's Spear of Venom"
/declare timer1 timer outer 0
/declare cleared int outer 1
/declare spawned int outer
/declare attacking int outer 0

:top
/doevents
/if (${timer1}) /goto :spawnfound
/goto :top

:spawnfound
/if (${timer1}<100 && !${cleared}) {
	/varset cleared 1
	/maph npc a
	}
/if (!${timer1}) /goto :popped
/doevents
/goto :spawnfound

:popped
/delay 1s
/varset spawned ${LastSpawn.ID}
/if (${LastSpawn.Level}>45) /end
/delay 1s
/echo Moving to ${Spawn[${spawned}]}:${spawned}
:remove
/moveto ID ${spawned}

:waitforattack
/delay 5
/doevents
/if (${Spawn[${spawned}].Type.Equal[corpse]}) {
	/call Event_timeset
	/goto :wait
	}
/if (${Me.Moving}) /goto :waitforattack
/if (${Spawn[${spawned}].Distance}>60) /goto :remove
/delay 5
/tar ID ${spawned}
/face
/delay 5
/if (!${Target.ID}) {
	/call Event_timeset
	}
:attack
/squelch /moveto off
/casting ${nukespell} gem4
/delay 5s !${Me.Casting.ID}
:waitfordead
/if (${Target.ID}) /goto :attack
/doevents
/goto :waitfordead

:wait
/doevents

/end

Sub Event_timeset
/if (${timer1}) /return
/time
/varset attacking 0
/varset timer1 78s
/varset cleared 0
/if (!${Spawn[${Me.Name}`s Mount].ID}) /casting ${horseitem} item
/return

Sub Event_timesetr
/time
/varset attacking 0
/varset timer1 78s
/varset cleared 0
/if (!${Spawn[${Me.Name}`s Mount].ID}) /casting ${horseitem} item
/return

Is there anyway someone could rewrite this to not cast any items/spells so that sayy...it can all be done by a ranger but w/o needing to cast spells(since ranger is low lvl anyway and and i wont afk it so i can recast SoW myself) and w/o the summoning horse thing? I had my try at it but it didnt work at all lol. Would love ya if someone could do it. =D

been useing the /maph npc a method to rule out all spawns other than the one i am killing - my question is. how many of those 78 sec spawns are there? i've been killin it for well over 10 hours total time (4 hour run and a 6 hour run) and not one quillmane pop lol

The macro for this in the compile seems to warp me to the targets but fails to kill them. I lack the ability to open the actual macro. Does anyone have a fix or suggestions as to what may be wrong?

The macro for this in the compile seems to warp me to the targets but fails to kill them. I lack the ability to open the actual macro. Does anyone have a fix or suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Open Notepad ---> Open Macro or Paste in Copied macro text. Just make sure to save as all files and include .mac at end of filename.

tried

i'm not the best at macro but i removed the casting and the items on this "i think"

It should just attack now, i have not tested it. Let me know if it works.

Code:
#event timeset "#*#You have slain#*#"
#event timesetr "#*#set timer#*#"
#event movetostop "#*#Arrived at MoveTo#*#"

Sub Event_movetostop
	/keypress forward
	/dism
/return

Sub Main
/declare horseitem string outer "White Ornate Chain Bridle and Barding"
/declare nukespell string outer "Yoppa's Spear of Venom"
/declare timer1 timer outer 0
/declare cleared int outer 1
/declare spawned int outer
/declare attacking int outer 0

:top
/doevents
/goto :top

:spawnfound
/if (${timer1}<100 && !${cleared}) {
	/varset cleared 1
	/maph npc a
	}
/if (!${timer1}) /goto :popped
/doevents
/goto :spawnfound

:popped
/delay 1s
/varset spawned ${LastSpawn.ID}
/if (${LastSpawn.Level}>45) /end
/delay 1s
/echo Moving to ${Spawn[${spawned}]}:${spawned}
:remove
/moveto ID ${spawned}

:waitforattack
/delay 5
/doevents
/if (${Spawn[${spawned}].Type.Equal[corpse]}) {
	/call Event_timeset
	}
/if (${Me.Moving}) /goto :waitforattack
/if (${Spawn[${spawned}].Distance}>60) /goto :remove
/delay 5
/tar ID ${spawned}
/face
/delay 5
/if (!${Target.ID}) {
	/call Event_timeset
	}
:attack
/squelch /moveto off
/attack on
:waitfordead
/if (${Target.ID}) /goto :attack
/doevents
/goto :waitfordead

:wait
/doevents

/end

Sub Event_timeset
/if (${timer1}) /return
/time
/varset attacking 0
/varset timer1 78s
/varset cleared 0
/return

Sub Event_timesetr
/time
/varset attacking 0
/varset timer1 78s
/varset cleared 0
/return

Esiest way to get quillmane ...... litterally pull every mob in the zone, have a wizzy friend beam the train and then watch your map ....... in 78 sec the ph or quillmane spawns =D

Thanks guys. I'll see if this new macro works when I get a chance.

macro doesnt work

this macro doesnt work. i tried saving it as a macro, and mq2 isnt pulling up the macro. Opened notepad, copy and pasted the macro, saved it as .txt and .mac. Put it in the macro folder of MQ, tried to activate macro.. nothing =/

Even if i change name to xx.mac, it still looks like a notepad file and acts like it.

copied it into macro folder?
even if the mac isnt working you will get an error msg in the mq window.

yup, copied into Macro folder.. still nothing. Looking for a program, any program that will let me save it as macro. How are people saving all these scripts as macros? i dont get it, i have trouble just saving one =/. MQ2 Wiki is useless. At the very least, there should be info on what program one can use. Instructions on how to save a written macro. Also, if possible, can anyone that can do this, please save it as a macro for me and i can download the already formatted macro file. Plz

tried looking in the help forums on how people are saving these macros, all i see is how people are copying and pasting (into what program?) and saving the file as xxx.mac (using what program?). How to pull up the macro was the only useful info i found in the help forum

yup, copied into Macro folder.. still nothing. Looking for a program, any program that will let me save it as macro. How are people saving all these scripts as macros? i dont get it, i have trouble just saving one =/. MQ2 Wiki is useless. At the very least, there should be info on what program one can use. Instructions on how to save a written macro. Also, if possible, can anyone that can do this, please save it as a macro for me and i can download the already formatted macro file. Plz

tried looking in the help forums on how people are saving these macros, all i see is how people are copying and pasting (into what program?) and saving the file as xxx.mac (using what program?). How to pull up the macro was the only useful info i found in the help forum

To create a macro you simply need to open a text file, past in the code, when done, goto File~Save As. window will pop up asking you where you want to save it to. verify that the location is in the macro folder, when typing in the name of the file simply name it whatever and end it with .mac instead of .txt

NewMacro.txt

NewMacro.mac

name it from txt to .mac

alot easier then it seems.....

Pretty crucial to save it as a .mac instead of a .txt, another thing to consider is if you have the file extensions hidden (depending on your OS on how this is undone ~~ But usually in the folder options) if this is the case you may have to take an additional step of changing the drop down menu just below where you name the file to show ALL as opposed to Text Document ~~.....if this doesn't work please post more information, IE your Operating System (winXP, WinXp 64 bit, Win Vista etc etc) so that I might be able to better troubleshoot this issue

thank you so much.. will give it a shot and see if that works. Sounds like it should, thank you again