Farming Pegasus Feather Cloak with ease.

For this I have always just used the mapfiend map. It has the Quillmane spawn route listed, and that is the only place I have ever seen this guy. If I'm not mistaken he spawns on a traveling path, and wanders in the same pattern. Again, I'm only speaking from experience and no hard research or numbers to produce. Anyone else have similar luck?
From what I was able to find on Allakhazam and google searches, Quillmane's PH's are always roamers. The most helpful bit I found not on Alla was Echelon's Quillmane Spoiler. Good luck mages.

Sorry for the hassle folks. The guide should be fixed to include all the correct placeholders.

Sorry for the hassle folks. The guide should be fixed to include all the correct placeholders.

That does seem to be the problem. Every guide I've tried has yet to find the magic set of correct placeholders.

That does seem to be the problem. Every guide I've tried has yet to find the magic set of correct placeholders.

What I'm saying is I updated it, and it should include the correct mobs now. I spawned Quil and killed his placeholders for about 50 spawns or so, sure it's possible in those 50 spawns there's a certain mob that never showed up... but this should be pretty accurate.

If anyone spawns Quil and farms him for a while and sees that he has a placeholder in his spawn cycle that is not included in this list, please let me know and I'll update the OP to reflect it.

man hope ya ll are needing this for epic because if its just the levi, just buy the cotton for all the time pain and aggravations ya ll are dealing with. just my 2cp

man hope ya ll are needing this for epic because if its just the levi, just buy the cotton for all the time pain and aggravations ya ll are dealing with. just my 2cp

with the new ornamentation quests i assumed there are some mages interested in having their 1.0...

Does this work (original post)? Tried it for like 4 hours and nothing.

Anyone know from experience one that does?

Last edited:
I just followed the info on Zam and used a ranger, no MQ2 needed. Kill the mob type they listed till you find one that respawns in X seconds, then repeat till it respawns as Quillmane or another named. Keep doing that till you get Quillmane. Once you get him to spawn, you know the actual place holder for him and can keep respawning him easily.

So last night I decided to follow these instructions precisely.... 3 Quillmane spawns in 3 hours, 2 cloaks. It does work but you have to be very careful on what you remove from map... The only thing I think may be off, and I dont know for sure, is the 2 wolfs in that zone. There is "a mist wolf" and "a shadow wolf". I kept both visible and killed them until they spawned something that wasn't on the list and ended up with 2 spawns... So to be extra safe, don't hide the "a shadow wolf".

Hope that helps

After doing the /maphide commands, how do you set the map back to default settings when you are done?