Plugin to send emails

PeteyPablo

Rogues Do It From Behind
Reaction score
I was wondering if there was a plugin that can be used to send emails similar to MMOText. I recently switched to Google's Project Fi for my cell service from Verizon (saved about $85/mo) and I can no longer take advantage of MMOText.

Currently I am using MQ2Events and the Talk2Self docrack with MQ2RelayTells to send myself an email.

I was wondering if there was a plugin that can be used to send emails similar to MMOText. I recently switched to Google's Project Fi for my cell service from Verizon (saved about $85/mo) and I can no longer take advantage of MMOText.

Currently I am using MQ2Events and the Talk2Self docrack with MQ2RelayTells to send myself an email.
Not that I can think of. However, you could use the mq2 /exec command to run a command line version to send something. A quick google search turned up some options here: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/sending-email-using-command-line-useful-for-downtime-alert-notification/

htw

Thanks htw, I forgot about the /exec command. I could use good ole blat to send an email.

Does MQ2MMOText use MMS exchanges to to send via SMTP? For example, with Verizon, I could send an email to 5555555555@vtext.com and it would send a text to my phone.

what about a google voice number? I get every text sent to my gvoice number relayed to me in email form.

That would work great, however in the plugin Google Voice isn't a carrier option.

I believe all it's doing is sending an email via SMTP to the appropriate cell phone number address. Ie, 8008675309@vtext.com.

The current options in the plugin are Verizon, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular. Not even sure if US Cellular is still around!

I'm using MQ2Events and the /exec command to use blat w/ stunnel to send an email to my phone number xxxxxxxxxx@msg.fi.google.com. Im currently testing senditquiet and nodemailer to come up with a solution that I might be able to share for others.

what about a google voice number? I get every text sent to my gvoice number relayed to me in email form.

dang!
Worth a shot..
I found a google play app for EQBC but it looks like its no longer supported :(
this would ROCK because you could control your team from your phone or tablet using EQBC!