Removal of old plugins

Fry

Fry Guy
Reaction score
Website
www.mmobugs.com
Hey Gang,

We're doing a little cleanup of old plugins. I've always worked under the assumption, the more plugins the better, due to giving people choice. The problem this has created is we've got too many plugins that are not worth using. Some plugins do the exact same job as another plugin, but better. Some are just completely useless.

We are going to cut down on plugins to make things a little more simple for people to find what they want.

The following plugins are due for removal for being either not useful, or another plugin does the same thing but better.

MQ2CastTLP - I don't think this is needed any longer? It looks to use a lot of MQ2BagWindow which is gone.
MQ2Clip - MQ2AutoClip seems to be a more advanced version
MQ2Crypt - Not really useful even when it was first made.
MQ2EQIM - No longer works
MQ2FunnyNames - Not really useful, I don't think I can find a time where changing targets name will do anything for someone.
MQ2GZone - Think it's time to retire this, MQ2PiggyZone does practically everything it does. ZoneLock been borked for years.
MQ2MasterMind - Controlling character via tells is bad idea, move to MQ2EQBC
MQ2NoGoto - I don't think we have any GM/Guides using MQ2 these days, it creates issues when people load it.
MQ2WinAmp - Nobody uses Winamp
MQ2EQDxFix - No longer needed

Maybe In Future
MQ2MMOText - MQ2Notify does same thing but email too.
MQ2WickedSpeed - MQ2SpeedUtils does same thing

If anyone still uses any of these plugins, please speak up now.

We are also looking at the multiple DPS phasing plugins (MQ2DPS Vs MQ2DPSAdv Vs MQ2MMODPS) and XP tracker plugins (MQ2XPTracker Vs MQ2MMOXP Vs MQ2ETrack) to see which are worth keeping without causing people grief.

If you have any feedback or other plugins you think are not needed, please let me know. This is not set in stone, we just want to give people a chance to voice any concerns they might have before we proceed.

I use MQ2AdvBeep some because the basic /beep is annoying and I like to use different sounds for different alerts in my custom macros. Like one for someone is around me vs another for beep on tells.

Is there another option out there for using different sounding beeps I am not aware of?

Anything useful in here can be done in other places, TLO's might be worth keeping in MQ2MMOTLO?

Vladutil

/plugin : new /plugin command lets you omit mq2 on plugin names, lets you know if a plugin is already loaded when trying to load one, and more

thats the reason i still use it i think

I use and like mmotext-simple and does what its supposed to.

I use MQ2AdvBeep some because the basic /beep is annoying and I like to use different sounds for different alerts in my custom macros. Like one for someone is around me vs another for beep on tells.

Is there another option out there for using different sounding beeps I am not aware of?

That seems reasonable enough. If another solution is not found to do same thing, we'll keep it.

Anything useful in here can be done in other places, TLO's might be worth keeping in MQ2MMOTLO?

Vladutil

/plugin : new /plugin command lets you omit mq2 on plugin names, lets you know if a plugin is already loaded when trying to load one, and more

thats the reason i still use it i think

I'll play with this feature, I didn't even know it was there. Maybe we can get this added to core or somewhere else.

I use and like mmotext-simple and does what its supposed to.

Can you mess with MQ2Notify? It should do same thing. If it doesn't function the same, let me know what it's missing.

I believe MQ2Pop is the plugin to show every respawn of the zone without any settings or ini editing etc, right? I use that 24/7 for knowing what's going on in the zone especially in raids, not only the mobs but those auras/objects are important information too..

I have cut down to a shorter list of plugins being removed to the following.

MQ2CastTLP, MQ2Clip, MQ2Crypt, MQ2EQDxFix, MQ2EQIM, MQ2FunnyNames, MQ2GZone, MQ2MasterMind, MQ2NoGoto and MQ2WinAmp.

If anyone has any issues with any of these being removed, let me know.