Playerauctions sucks

jjmanfdl

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Wayne J: Hello! How may I help you?
ME: Hello... I just received an email from Pa stating that you need me to send in a copy of my DL, front and back. I am curious as to why this is an all of a sudden thing.
Wayne J: Is this regarding one or your orders?
Wayne J: May I have your order ID please?
ME: #####
Wayne J: One moment please while I check the details for you.
Wayne J: PlayerAuctions is now securely verifying your order. The verification process is in place to ensure the most secure trading environment possible.
Wayne J: We need your related information in order to proceed with your order.
ME: well a DL number is something that shouldn't be given out or asked as it is used in attaining credit
Wayne J: I understand your concerns. Please rest assured that your information is strictly protected by our Privacy Policy. You can view our Privacy Policy on the website for more details:
http://www.playerauctions.com/Help/PrivacyPolicy.aspx
ME: Why is this an all of a sudden thing? did I get flagged because i was selling off my extra accounts?
ME: I do not feel comfortable sending that information and you will cancel my orders/not give me my money if i dont do it?
Wayne J: Due to security reasons, I cannot disclose the details of the payment verification. Please provide us with the related information to proceed with your order. Thanks.
ME: So your telling me if I dont send my information you will not give me my money?
Wayne J: If you do not provide the information we need, your order will be failed and your PlayerAuctions Account will be suspended until we received your copy.
ME: Is there a phone number where i can speak to someone
Wayne J: I am sorry that we do not provide phone service. You can talk to me here.
ME: How can i trust someone i cant even talk to on the phone?
ME: and you want me to send personal information to you?
Wayne J: Please rest assured that your information is strictly protected by our Privacy Policy.
Wayne J: You may send them to trust@playerauctions.com or fax them to 1800-332-8092.
ME: I do not want to send personal information to someone i dont know
Wayne J: I am sorry to hear that.
ME: I would like my 3 orders to be processed as they were placed before i received the email
ME: I will cancel my 4th auction on my own
Wayne J: If you refuse to provide the information we need, your account will be suspended and your order will be failed.
Wayne J: Is there anything else I can help you with?
ME: So your saying I have to send my information... I have a payment that is pending already
ME: What happens to my money? my account info was already given to the buyer
Wayne J: Yes, we need your information for your payment verification.
ME: I am verified on paypal. You did not require the information last time i sold a character
Wayne J: No, we didn't. But we need your information this time.
ME: Why this time?
Wayne J: I am sorry, this our company policy. I cannot disclose it.
ME: Refund my account then
Wayne J: Will you provide us with the information we need?
Wayne J: Do you mean this account?
Wayne J: Of this order?
ME: Refund my character that was sold, your keeping my money
Wayne J: May I have your order ID please?
ME: #####
Wayne J: Please hold on.
Wayne J: This order is already completed. The disbursement will be sent to you as planned.
ME: had I known i would be required to submit such information i would have not chosen this site to list my accounts for sale
Wayne J: I am so sorry to hear that.
Wayne J: Is there anything else I can help you with?
ME: yes
Wayne J: Please go on.
ME: So your telling me that in order for me to proceed with orders that are already placed for items I have listed I have to submit personal information or you will cancel my business transactions?
Wayne J: Your previous ones will not be affected. This order will be failed.
ME: You verified the first sale, was made this week, other 2 orders were placed today. What has changed in this time period?
Wayne J: We have rules. But I am not entitled to discuss this with you. I am sorry.
ME: Your not entitled to give the reason why you require the information?
Wayne J: So for the last time, will you provide the copy or not?
ME: So tell me which orders will Not be affected
Wayne J: All your previous orders will not be affected.
ME: ##### is fine?
Wayne J: No. This one will be terminated.
ME: This one? What about #####?
Wayne J: All your completed orders will not be affected. For those which have not been completed, we will sent out email to both you and the seller to complete them.
Wayne J: ##### will be terminated.
Wayne J: If you do not have other questions, I am ending this chat now. Have a good day!
ME: Isn't this illegal?
Wayne J: Good bye!

---------------------------------------------
Fucking horse shit

Wow and now they send me emails saying that i have 2 orders that require immediate action and my account is suspended no more than 5 mins later

Yea they said my account was suspended also but it still works so i think they may be having some issues or something lol

No mine is suspended. It's not like I was a new user on the site. I had 17 feedbacks of 100%

No mine is suspended. It's not like I was a new user on the site. I had 17 feedbacks of 100%

its actually a common practice now for transactions like this. It is for security reasons so the company doesn't get screwed.

Only reason you wouldnt want to verify your actual name/address is if you lied on your info.

All my information is the truth and accurate. Had I been able to speak to someone over the phone, and get an actual reason to why they need your DL for verification other than "I can not disclose it", I wouldn't have such an issue with sending it. Having only online chat, not having a phone contact, and not disclosing all information reminds me of a not so trustworthy person such as Albert and his site and that I don't feel the most comfortable with.

its actually a common practice now for transactions like this. It is for security reasons so the company doesn't get screwed.

Only reason you wouldnt want to verify your actual name/address is if you lied on your info.

I'd personally have a rather large problem supplying a front/back copy of my license to anyone much less a foreign national when not need for a passport or something. That's kind of ridiculous.

My 2 cp

I can see it from their perspective, though. Paypal chargebacks are WAY too easy to do on virtual transactions and with the guarantee that playerauctions offers, they are the ones stuck when that happens. In their shoes, I would also do everything I can to make sure I am not dealing with a scammer. I have 104 positive feedbacks and 100 % and I can happily say that I have not been screwed at all since they went to the new system. I am paying a lot more now per transaction, but knowing that the money is safe once I transfer the account is worth it to me. I appreciate that you are worried about identity theft, etc. but as far as I am concerned a tissue sample would not be too much to ask for since it is so easy to hide behind anonymous e-mails, etc. To all scammers out there, I say GO FUCK YOURSELF. It appears that playerauctions is also saying that - albeit in Korean and less discriminately. Although I am sure you do not intend to scam them, when I deal with a scammer and ask for some kind of identity verification to continue our negotiations, the conversation invariably ends. I think suspending your account is a bit rash but what conclusion would you reach in their shoes?

I appreciate that you are worried about identity theft, etc. but as far as I am concerned a tissue sample would not be too much to ask for since it is so easy to hide behind anonymous e-mails, etc.

Emails or online chats without a phone number to call...

They have called me before so I know they have the technology. In fact it was like 2am which my lady appreciated. In fairness, I have not tried to reach them, though, since they left the states.

I had the exact same problem.. my drivers license and my mil ID have my social on it and im not sending it to some virtual yahoo i cant talk to. I also dont have a land line since im in the military i stay gone to much to waste time paying for one. I asked for another way to verify my account IE sending a copy of my electric bill or something and i got a generic company policy response.. so that tells me they want personal info they dont need... no offense i dont want a company like that to have my info. After it was all said in done i shot the guy an apology email for not being able to buy his account and sent a page long go fuck yourself letter to PA, never recieved a response from either.

I had the exact same problem.. my drivers license and my mil ID have my social on it and im not sending it to some virtual yahoo i cant talk to. I also dont have a land line since im in the military i stay gone to much to waste time paying for one. I asked for another way to verify my account IE sending a copy of my electric bill or something and i got a generic company policy response.. so that tells me they want personal info they dont need... no offense i dont want a company like that to have my info. After it was all said in done i shot the guy an apology email for not being able to buy his account and sent a page long go fuck yourself letter to PA, never recieved a response from either.

As you renew your DL they are suppose to make you change it if it still has your SSN.

I dont have issues with DL but I have had some places want your CC scanned. Now that goes a bit to far for me.

You go test drive a car they scan your DL, you go rent a movie they scan your DL a lot of things now a days require a picture ID to be on file with current address.

No surprise online is going that way as well.

Yeah but when you drive a car you talk to the person, when you rent a movie you talk to the guy, when you walk into a store you talk to a person. If something goes wrong you know how and where to contact them and can get ahold of them in person or on the phone... not an email that can take days or just be ignored.

I appreciate that you are worried about identity theft, etc. but as far as I am concerned a tissue sample would not be too much to ask for since it is so easy to hide behind anonymous e-mails, etc. To all scammers out there, I say GO FUCK YOURSELF. It appears that playerauctions is also saying that - albeit in Korean and less discriminately. Although I am sure you do not intend to scam them, when I deal with a scammer and ask for some kind of identity verification to continue our negotiations, the conversation invariably ends. I think suspending your account is a bit rash but what conclusion would you reach in their shoes?

Sorry dude, many people here can attest to the fact that I'm not a scammer. But if you asked me for my DL for "identity verification", the conversation would end as well. What's next? Should I send you a copy of my social security card, birth certificate, and the first page of my passport too?

As you renew your DL they are suppose to make you change it if it still has your SSN.

I dont have issues with DL but I have had some places want your CC scanned. Now that goes a bit to far for me.

You go test drive a car they scan your DL, you go rent a movie they scan your DL a lot of things now a days require a picture ID to be on file with current address.

No surprise online is going that way as well.

JJ, this isn't the same thing as giving that information to a faceless company overseas with no accountability. I know people in Trinidad who sell perfectly forged passports and they need less personal information to do what they do. They also buy this kind of personal information to use in their activities. The dudes that used to sell fake IDs in the 80s have moved up (and at 5-15k a pop, depending on country, I can see why).

I have no issue verifying my identity to an individual. But given how many shady, "black market" activities operate from Russia and China/Korea/Thailand, I'm not keen on giving them the 411 on me if I can't so much as contact them directly via phone. You've heard of the various shady things that originate from that region (like $104 per unit of the GeForce GTX line of video cards and the cards "fall off the assembly line" right before they're affixed with names like eVGA, BFG, and GIGABYTE or the full set of Callaway golf clubs available for 1/10 what they cost in the states).

My feedback isn't that high but I know the moment they start asking me for funky information like that, will be when I move to circumvent them (as I already do with plat and have done with accounts). Many sellers are more than willing to remove their listing if it means they'll be getting the full amount for what they're selling (especially when they "know" the buyer).

PA is not a reputable place to do business.

Someone hacked my account and bought a relatively small amount of PP. I complained and asked for information about the toon/account that recieved the PP. They said they could not give me that that information. I said well if they believed it really was me that bought it then they are only giving me info on my own account, if they think it is not me then they should refund my money...or if it was me and none of my toons ever received the PP and they GUARANTEE 100% if you use you bank account they should give me refund but their response was to close my account, ban my CC from making new account. As many of you probably have seen from my other post I try to be extremely diplomatic, this does absolutely no good with PA if they don't care.

Long story short...I paid for PP for some asshole then PA screwed me... I could almost understand them closing the account if they refunded my money but no reputable company would punish someone for just complaining they were ripped off...

The cost for me was less than $40 iirc and not worth the stress involved to continue the fight.

Last edited:
IMO, for me at least, there is a difference between understanding & being realistic.

I can't see myself giving even a U.S. based company things like DL info, much less overseas... and add on, as others have said, they will not provide a way to contact them by phone.

While my DL does not have my SSN, it includes enough for identity theft & retrieval of other information. *shrug*

Of course, I never have liked PA to begin with, so seeing these chat transcripts & complaints, give me all the more reason to continue to feel that way.

htw

Plus you can get a much higher quality toon here for a more reasonable price than on PA... PA prices are freakin ridiculous for crappy toons.

Ohh Yeah I went though the same situation. I was very worried about giving it to them. When the lady called me, wasn't much of an issue. She told me we keep your DL on file till the transaction is completed.

Turns out the other guy didn't agree of giving all the information out so they suspended him. Either way we trusted each other and I sent him money though paypal. The guy was nice enough to let me know if I ever had any issues email or call him about it and he would take care of it.

All in all I still went full force at PA. Turns out when I did call them asking if they had it on file after a month later they said they did. I asked them to delete it as I no longer will do business with them.

Does all of this protect them? Yes. BBB went after PA for a long time cause people kept getting screwed. that is one reason why they enforced this. Now they have all the information if someone does a chargeback they can have all the information to goto court and pursue it.

I still do look for account on PA but try and work it out with the other person to pay outside of PA. Soon as I get account, transfer it to another and problem solved.