PH's reduced for uf named?

scuff11

Reaction score
since the first patch last week...... no the emergency one, has anyone had a chance to find some of the more permanent named spawn locs of npc's in underfoot? the ones that had there PH's reduced? just curious

It didn't say reduced it said they were moved.

It didn't say reduced it said they were moved.

They were reduced

- Many of the rare creatures in Underfoot have been moved to consolidate their spawn locations. Be on the lookout for new places to find them.

To me, that means several named share a PH, so there aren't as many PH's, hence reduced :p

In UF though, consolodate does sort-of mean reduced.
Previously, you had say 60 across the zone, now they are all within a certain range of eachother. If there are only 30 in that range, you have a reduced number of them.

1. To unite into one system or whole; combine

If you combine 2 things into 1, that is reducing the number you have

The way it is worded sounds like they shared global spawn locations. Now instead of zone wide chance you have a set PH/PHers for named 1-5 maybe points vs 180 points.

so while technically that would reduce the spawn points it increased the chance of getting named.

To me it sounds like instead of there being PHs in spot 1, 2 and 3 in the zone for named XX, now all the PHs for named XX are in spot 1.

If you combine 2 things into 1, that is reducing the number you have

The number being reduced here is the location of spawns.

Ok lets say the spawn points are companies, and the PHs are employees. When you merge two companies, you can quite possibly keep the same number of employees.

Im trying to make you understand why consolidate != reduce.

Last edited:
The number being reduced here is the location of spawns.

Ok lets say the spawn points are companies, and the PHs are employees. When you merge two companies, you can quite possibly keep the same number of employees.

Im trying to make you understand why consolidate != reduce.

you gave a bad example. For your example they merged 2 companies without eliminating jobs. This usually doesn't happen. Someone gets laid off/fired. So Consolidate doesn't always mean reduce it frequently is associated with reduced.

In this situation it was reduced since they did not create new spawn points within the new locations.

Previously in Underfoot, there could be 5x PHs for a particular named, but they might be spread so far apart that it wasn't feasible to pull all 5 to any single camp. The way that they split up spawn percentage, they give 1/5 of the probability they want the named to pop to each spawn, since there are 5 possible locations. So basically, if you could only kill 2 of these PHs from your camp, you'd only have 2/5 of the intended chance of getting a named.

I took the wording of the patch notes to mean that they had changed situations like this, so that all 5 PHs were closer to one another. In that way, they're consolidating them to one camp, so that the named appears to be more likely for anybody trying to camp it.

However, I haven't tried camping many named this week, so I couldn't really comment on how the change seems to be working in-game.