permissions?

trilithium

Reaction score
Forgive me if I am just being a noob and impatient but I can't seem to find even an old compile in this section anymore. I just re-upped my membership for a year about a week ago. When I click on Compile Related Downloads it shows Sorry - there is nothing here to show you (no permission, all entries hidden, etc) leading me to believe that I may not have permission to view it. Clicking on the September 6 link it shows the same. I know the September 6 one won’t work now, I am just concerned once a working compile is up I won’t be able to access it. Can someone please check my status?

you are fine

You are fine, your status does show as premium member so when there is something to download you will be able to see and get it. It's liky locked for admin only until they get a working compile available. When the compile is up and available you will know.

there was a patch on tuesday and mq2 is currently down, No ETA yet. if you look on the right hand side of the main page you will see that message

steve

Its not a problem fellas. We remove the previous compiles when they do not work any longer so that people don't download them and try and use them. When the new compile is up, it will be in there, along with the home page being updated and post in this forum announcing the compile.

That's fine. I hate to be the first guy posting, "where is the new compile?" though I do go through withdrawls like the rest of you. Just wanted to make sure my access wasn't screwed up for some reason. Thanks

Then don't be the first person to post asking... The compile will be up as soon as its fixed.. Big patchs cause for longer downtimes because lots of stuff changes. You have to remember the people who work on MQ2 do not do this as a full time job. They do it as a hobby. So asking when compile will be up is rather pointless.

Then don't be the first person to post asking... The compile will be up as soon as its fixed.. Big patchs cause for longer downtimes because lots of stuff changes. You have to remember the people who work on MQ2 do not do this as a full time job. They do it as a hobby. So asking when compile will be up is rather pointless.

I guess I am one of the few people out here that would love to understand what happens and how a new compile comes to be after a patch of the program/game files.

My personal makup drives me to be a part of the solution instead of a simple customer. I want to be involved in solving the problem, not just sitting back and waiting on it to get solved by others.

I guess a few too many years involved in the open source environments, perhaps?

Of course, I was the same way when I was a part of the Redmond Drone Club as well...

Guess I just like to get my hands dirty and be involved in the thick of things.

JJ, everybody hold you in high regard. Perhaps you can point me toward a compile related thread or, even better, section of the forums here. I haven't found it yet, but then again I haven't just spent hours/days searching either.

Go over to the mq2 boards. They patch up the mq2 itself then mmobugs goes from there and uses that in their compile and throws their plugins in. Then sometimes there are minor things in the plugins they need to fix. I might be a bit off but I do believe that is how it works. From what I have gathered from reading.

That too, and we've beaten the MQ2 folks a couple of times. I dare people asking here to go ask on their boards when it will be up and see what happens :)

Guess I just like to get my hands dirty and be involved in the thick of things.

JJ, everybody hold you in high regard. Perhaps you can point me toward a compile related thread or, even better, section of the forums here. I haven't found it yet, but then again I haven't just spent hours/days searching either.

You have several steps in getting a working compile. Going to just hit the basics

First you need to get the structures right, typically this is handled via the Devs on www.macroquest2.com(DKAA/ieatacid/SwiftMUSE). This part only happens on major patches or when they mess with the UI. Unless you are very skilled, if you had the skill to do this you wouldn't need a basic walk thru.

Second you need to go thru and pull all of the offsets and get them updated. This is actually not that hard several people have developed things to assist in this function. Meaning all they have to do is go back thru and verify they are correct.

Offsets are generally easy to knock out and the novice person could find some of them. Several guides over the years on doing so.

After that its basically just insert the MMOBugs code compile then zip it for download.

Again with big patches or patches that effect the UI you typically have to re do some of the structures, basically the blueprint of MQ2. This is why this patch is taking so long.

There is quite a lot that goes on on our end, that involves more than just "inserting code". :)

There are quite a few code diffs, some improvements, etc. that have to be carefully managed, so the compile isn't broken. Also our plugins will need changed sometimes, depending on the core code changes. There are our own structures & offsets we maintain, including the docrack updates / verification.

That's just some of the stuff.

htw

Indeed

Yup its why i donate to you guys , Its over my head to compile a word doc let alone mq2!!!

Cheers to the people who make EQ a little funner to play.